AH the guilt!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2010, 03:12 PM
molly_jean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I finally bit the bullet and went maternity clothes shopping. I'd been dreading it b/c around here all the maternity clothes (which are few and far between) are ugly and bag-looking. Soo I went an hour away to a bigger city and went to Motherhood Maternity.
Their clothes are so cute, and the lady was helping me put outfits together, and I had so much fun, until I went to pay and realized how much I was spending I probably could have bought a crib instead. BUT, now I have clothes that fit, so I just won't mention to DH how much I actually spent
March 30th, 2010, 03:19 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
It's been killing me to buy clothes at full price and I'm trying to find the sale stuff, but it's been so hard!!! I considered it a victory to buy a nice pair of work khakis from the gap (on sale) for almost $40!!! But the way I see it, I can't wait until the stuff goes on sale because they won't have my size, so I have to get it now. I pretty much have everything I need to get me to summer -- still waiting for some decently priced capri pants, but those will be out for a while. I did save up my Christmas and birthday money too, so that helped. I write a check out to DH each month to cover my share of the expenses (he pays the bills, I pay him from my separate account) and he told me to give him a little less so that I could get some clothes. So I guess the damage wasn't too, too bad.

I fully plan on sharing my clothes with friends when they get pregnant, so that eases some of the guilt! Besides, it's the one time when you HAVE to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe -- you might as well get what you want so you feel good about yourself!

And never tell DH how much youv'e spent!

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; March 30th, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
March 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Sounds like fun... except for the $$$ part.

March 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
So glad you found what you needed! I had a horrific experiences maternity shopping, so it's always nice to see some GREAT experiences here!!!

I'm with the others, what they don't know (in terms of this little secret ) won't hurt them! You deserve it!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great to hear that you got some nice things!! Gotta keep that belly comfortable

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
March 30th, 2010, 05:05 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Popping in here, try second hand stores. There is a Kid to Kid by me that I've found alot of maternity clothes at for great prices.
March 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had luck!!! I have to go maternity SWIMSUIT shopping tomorrow, lol. We're going to his family's for the weekend and may be swimming and all I own are bikinis. Ack! Not looking forward to that dressing room!

March 30th, 2010, 06:08 PM
molly_jean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kara-Motherhood had some cute swimsuits, but I wasn't brave enough to try those yet

Gwynne-I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I was expecting the same, but was pleasantly surprised by the selection.

I have gone to several second-hand stores, and picked up a pair of pants that ended up being to tight, and a shirt that I don't like b/c it's all stretched out from the previous user. Those were the first places I looked, and didn't have much luck.

And I wasn't careful..DH saw the receipt and I got all embarassed He just laughed and said "well as long as you're going to wear it all" We have separate accounts, so that makes things like this a little easier
March 30th, 2010, 06:14 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I'm glad you were able to find some cute outfits. I also went maternity clothes shopping and spent WAY more than I was planning on. On the bright side, at least we were able to find things we liked. I can't imagine shopping for a swim suit right now! I think I'll wait another month or so for that one!

March 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM
ameriguat
I REFUSE to spend full price on maternity clothes....$40 for a pair of pants is CRAZY. I went to goodwill and found 2 pairs for $4 something each then I went to Ross and found black pants for $8, Jean capris for $13 and a maternity shirt for $6.
March 31st, 2010, 06:19 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am glad you got what you wanted and LIKE!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search