I'm so struggling with stroller ideas!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2010, 09:43 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Here's my issue...

We live in the middle of nowhere, everything is DIRT road, often muddy at this time of year. We don't use our stroller much, but we do use it when we travel or when we go to the zoo or other play places, which, honestly, isn't that often...

So...

Do we keep this stroller? (It's old and raggedy and I'm actually kind of tired of it, but it does its job and it holds the carseat) and also get a cheap umbrella stroller for DD?

Do we get rid of it and get a double stroller?

If we get a double stroller, what do we get? I am not buying new, for lack of use and the fact that when we go on walks in the summer here, it will be on dirt.

I see this one on Craig's list Peg Perego Double Stroller and it's really interesting (if still available) but it does not have parent tray, which I use, and supposedly does not hold a car seat, which usually lasts us around the first 6 months... but it's a side by side, which interests me...

Do we need, need, need one that carries a carseat? UG!!!

Or, I'm looking for this: Amazon.com: Baby Trend Double Sit N Stand Stroller, Skylar: Baby but used of course... Trouble with these, the used ones are usually the "plus" versions, which have the shorter back seat and DD is tall, so those "older" versions won't work. This one is a bit heavier, too, than the one on Craig's list.

I'm so tired of thinking of this. I just want to make a decision and be done!

I need some logical help!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 31st, 2010, 10:02 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
I know I'm thinking outside the box here, but if you only use the stroller to go somwhere like the zoo, what about a wagon instead of a stroller. They have some pretty cool ones... Correct me BTDT moms if I'm wrong, because I am not speaking from experience, but it seems that you could put the carrier in the wagon, right? Or is that a safety hazzard? I don't know. But here is one that I was looking at...

Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon - Radio Flyer - Toys "R" Us

Some of the wagons have a canopy or umbrella that can be purchased seperately.

March 31st, 2010, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our bike trailer/double stroller. It is great for walks around the neighborhood and even quick trips up to the store since it can hold some stuff behind where the kids sit. It's a piece of cake to clean too-just hose it out! It has the rubber bike tires so it's great on various terrains. The only downfall is it is bulky if you want to travel somewhere with it, which we have only done once. Otherwise our little guy rides in our regular stroller and our older kiddo walks.

How much will you really need to have a double stroller with car sat holding capability? I know I dont plan to be out and about with the stroller in the fall/winter and then by spring, baby will be able to be in the regular stroller seat.

The sit and stand strollers always make me nervous for some reason-I see too many kids being monkeys on them. I'd rather have the kid sitting and strapped in if needed.
March 31st, 2010, 10:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Have you looked at the Phil and Ted's strollers? If you add the doubles kit, they work for a toddler and a newborn, and the stroller has an adapter that works for several major brands of car seats. The tires are large, so it will work for dirt roads and mud as well as city terrain. I am in love with mine and am convinced that it is the only stroller I'll ever have to buy. They are pricey, but if you can find one on Craigslist or ebay, they are easy to clean up.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 31st, 2010, 10:10 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I have a baby Trend jogging stroller and it did hold the infant carseat. The tires on the jogging stroller would work great on muddy back roads and I've seen the Baby Trend jogging strollers with 2 seats side by side so I would *think* you'd be able to fit the infant carrier on one side. I'm trying to skip the whole stroller headache (I don't want to end up with a bunch that I rarely use!) and carrying/wearing one baby while I push the other so I'm looking into baby wraps/carriers instead of a new stroller. Have you considered that option too?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
March 31st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberley228 View Post
Correct me BTDT moms if I'm wrong, because I am not speaking from experience, but it seems that you could put the carrier in the wagon, right? Or is that a safety hazzard? I don't know. But here is one that I was looking at...

Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon - Radio Flyer - Toys "R" Us

Some of the wagons have a canopy or umbrella that can be purchased seperately.
Possibly....but it would most likely take up the whole wagon. I would only want it set on the bottom of the wagon and not somehow propped on it (ours has the wooden sides). We took our wagon to the zoo a few weeks ago because my older guy asked and it was a pain. It is much easier to push a stroller than pull a wagon and if you have a daredevil like my guy, he crawled out of it while I was pulling it and I nearly pulle the wagon over him (horrible mommy moment!). It doesn't have any kind of straps on it, though if we ever take it again, I am going to have to rig something up for my crazy guy.
March 31st, 2010, 10:16 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I am in the same boat as you. I suppose I won't go many places without DH so I figure Cohen will be in his carrier in the stroller that it goes with and Hayden will walk with DH or be in a smaller jogging or umbrella stroller...IDK what to do if it's just me though....
March 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
We BARELY used a stroller with Jacob, only because he cried everytime we put him in it. I ended up carrying him everywhere in a baby bjourn at first and then in his carrier, second. We tried!! He just hated it. I think we used the stroller twice the entire time he was able to ride in it. Now, he would LOVE to ride it in as an almost 6 year old I think if you did go for a stroller, look for a jogging 3 wheeled one on craigslist, used. They are pretty rugged looking
March 31st, 2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks, ladies!

I'm just going to let it sit for a while. I emailed the gal on Craig's list to see what she says.

If money were no object, I would definitely buy this:
New Zooper Tango Double Stroller 2008 Red - eBay (item 230455343656 end time Apr-27-10 12:12:28 PDT)

I hardly see them used, never on Craig's list. and I won't spend more than $100 for a stroller because of where we are and the amount of usage.

March 31st, 2010, 11:43 AM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 2 single Peg Perego strollers, I love Peg Perego, they are great!

Since I didn't want to drop $800 on the Peg Perego Double stroller I wanted, I recently bought this

Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller - Twilight - Kolcraft - Babies "R" Us

I tried a few out in the store and decided against a side by side double because I couldn't even fit it down most rows. At first I was going to get the baby trend double sit n stand but then I found the Kolcraft above and liked it MUCH better, just IMO!! You can face both seats out, both seats in, or have them facing each other and it comes with an attachment for an infant carrier! My 2 year old loves it and actually begs me to go for a ride in it sometimes

Good Luck, it is hard to find the "perfect" one!
March 31st, 2010, 01:59 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Im planning on getting the Phil and Teds this time around. How ever I do have a Mclaren and LOVE It! Im not a fan of the side by side doubles cause Ive always heard bad things about them. What about one of the they stand behind and the seat is in front? I know you can put the car seat on there too..
March 31st, 2010, 05:28 PM
Here's one that might work, but it's still higher than we want to spend. Maybe by September, there'll be a used one on Craig's list

Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger - Sonic - Baby Trend - Babies "R" Us

March 31st, 2010, 05:35 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
That looks like it'll work... that's exactly what I was talking about!! I hope one turns up on CL but you could always try Ebay too! Or *wink* someone could get that as a gift for you *wink*. Hint away!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search