Baby Showers?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Okay this is really for the mommas who already have kiddos and have had a baby shower(s)...

I threw a baby shower for my friend who had her 2nd baby, who this time is a girl. The only reason I really felt like I should do it is because her son passed away July 6, 2009. So in a way...She was being a brand new mommy all over again because she only had her son in her arms for 3 1/2 months. Anyway, she really wasn't appreciative of this. Her and I were best friends but then after her son passed away and two months later shes pregnant again, DRINKING! I just lost all respect for her. Anyway... That baby was basically my nephew.

Do you think its okay or appropriate to have more than one baby shower? Have you or will you have more than one? Not just for this baby but all together how many have you had?

I know there are people who said if I do have a boy they will throw one for me since I already have all of my girl stuff from my daughter.

Just some insight. Please let me know.

March 31st, 2010, 11:14 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
I don't see a problem with it. If someone offers to throw you one, then I would go for it! People are always happy to celebrate baby If you feel uncomfortable, you can do what my best friend did, she and her husband had a Meet the Belly Barbeque. They didn't say anything about registry or gifts, but still everyone showed up with one and knew she was registered without asking her directly. I think it is sweet that they are offering to throw you one! I don't really expect one as a BTDT mommy, but will be grateful if I someone does throw one since it's been 6 years and I've given all of my friends EVERYTHING
March 31st, 2010, 11:39 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I don't expect one, but DH's mom is throwing me a small one (it's their first grandbaby) but I won't have one on my mom or dad's side since it's a 2nd child...

I threw them for friends no matter which child it was!
March 31st, 2010, 11:58 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
My friend wanted to throw one for me, but I said no... my DD is only going to be slightly over 2.5 y when this one is born, and we don't really need anything except diapers and if it's a boy, clothes...

WEll... we do need stuff, but they are more big ticket items (double stroller, DD's big girl bed set... )

So, we are going to do a "sip and see" as someone called it here before. I loved the idea and adopted it! After baby is born, we'll have an open house for all who are healthy to come visit baby and DD. We'll have beer, wine, appetizers and fun, but not the "normal" shower stuff... just a celebration. We won't register, but if someone buys us anything, we won't turn it away We aren't asking for anything, but my friends do like to shop...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 31st, 2010, 12:08 PM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
I had a big shower with my first, my son. 3.5 years later I was having a girl and had a small one, more scaled down and received mostly clothes with my third, my sister threw a blessingway for me, really a small get together, food drinks, and a few small gifts. I feel every baby is special and should be celebrated!

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!
March 31st, 2010, 12:17 PM
*Amie*
I'd never really heard of it when I was pregnant with DS, I've never had one myself, and I didn't realise they were only for first babies, lol

March 31st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had 3 with my first kiddo (the teachers at school had one, the 8th grade girls had one, and then my family had one).

I didn't have one for my 2nd kiddo. In my circle of family and friends it is only done with the first-to help out with some of the bigger purchases. Then some people get smaller things for additional kids. My kids have a small party for their Bpatism though, about 2 months after birth and they get gifts then.

I will not be having one this time.
March 31st, 2010, 12:53 PM
uvatigger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's okay for second shower
We had 2 big ones with our first

and this time my girlfriends and I are going out for an afternoon brunch/tea and getting dressed up for my shower--with the idea of it being a diapers/wipe shower.
March 31st, 2010, 01:50 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
I had a HUGE shower with DD and Im not doing that again! I plan on having a "Diaper Shower" with this one. Either way my mom keeps saying I NEED to have another. It will be more low key this time.
March 31st, 2010, 03:22 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I hope to have one. The church threw one for me with my first, and if I remember correctly that's the only one I've ever had.

BUT, my youngest will be 6 by the time this one arrives and we have NOTHING left. And, of course, we are hoping this one will be a girl - our first.

With a move in the works, I'm totally not sure if it will happen. My SIL is talking about doing something, but at this point that will be an almost 6 hour drive... so, I hope she plans on coming to me and not the other way around. We'll be in a whole new community of friends, acquaintances, and activities, so there's no telling how it will all go down.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search