A September baby? Not so much October...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 12:59 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Being due at the END of the month...I wonder...

My son was due July 15. A due date of the 15th pretty much assures you that you will be going THAT MONTH.

I was due May 26 with my daughter. She was born May 21.

Now September 25. And I've always gone early. But you never know. Different father with this pregnancy. So I don't expect things to be the same, exactly.

But I was thinking about what my OB said today "We won't let you go too far past your due date." (Since the baby measures 8 days bigger.)

How much is TOO far past...

Well, his office is closed on Thursdays. Which are induction days. I'm due on a Friday. So if Sept 25 comes and goes, I would probably be induced on September 30. If I can get that kid out by midnight, my kids birthstones will be ruby, emerald, and sapphire. Which will look totally cool in the mother's ring I've bugged DH for that I don't think he realizes that I really really want =) Sapphires are my favorite stone. Lucky kid. Know what's funny, DH is December and I'm March and our baby will be Sept...we're all blue birthstones =)

I've never been induced before, I usually go like gangbusters on my own...but again...I'm older and there's a new baby daddy =)

I'd have to kick the guy in the face if he waited until Oct 7 to induce me, that would be about two weeks late. By then the baby would be the size of a college sophomore and that would hurt.

Ah, 3 am ramblings...I'm off of work for 10 days now and DH and I fell asleep on the couch...I'm up now and don't want to wake him to bring him to bed =)
April 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM
*Amie*
My DS was 15 days late, and I've promised myself I'll NEVER get induced again lol so I guess I'm looking at an October baby! That's cool about the birth stones

April 1st, 2010, 03:45 AM
*Amie*
Anna, you are very right, every extra day feels like a week!! lol

April 1st, 2010, 05:42 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I'm thinking I will actually end up with an August baby since I'm already having the same complications that I had with my daughter. I hope you don't have to go too far past your due date!!

April 1st, 2010, 07:10 AM
Castaway
Hun, it has nothing absolutely nothing to do with the different fathers, it's all about YOUR body and if you have a history of having your babies early or right on time high chances are you will have this baby when expected or before. I wouldn't stress over it.

April 1st, 2010, 07:15 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Yep... for moms who've had kids before, you TEND (not always, mind you) to go earlier... and since baby is measuring bigger, well... There's also the issues of amniotic fluid at the end, if yours is "normal" or low, they'll induce, no matter what the day. You COULD have them strip your membranes on the due date, that's not technically inducing, but it certainly could spur things along naturally...

I bet you go early and don't have to worry about any of this. Lots of sex and walks can help with that!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 1st, 2010, 07:37 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had three of my four kids, 1wk, 2wk, and 3wks early. One of them was 1wk late. (he was 10lbs at birth). My new DH is a big man (6ft, 230lbs) so Im praying like you that this one is early or on time. Im thinking the end of Aug.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 1st, 2010, 07:57 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
LOL, you crack me up! I hope you go before September 30th, but very cool about your mother's ring
April 1st, 2010, 07:59 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I am also thinking I may go in August. I am due the 4th. My son was 12 days early. I am really hoping to go a little early rather than late. Especially since I found out that my sons kindergarten start date is September 7th. I can't be in the hospital having a baby when my other baby is starting kindergarten!!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
April 1st, 2010, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also think a different father probably does not matter at that point. I think it's your body that decides it's time to go. But it's cute about the birth stones.
My due date is 9/14, but the ultrasound machine shows 9/9 which the doctor says is irrelevant. However, due to my past history I'm going to make them induce me for the first time in my life much earlier than that which will take some fighting with the doctor but I'm all ready to do. So it could be an August baby.

April 1st, 2010, 09:27 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
My OB won't let me go more than a week overdue. I think that's standard (but I've heard of some places letting you go to 42 weeks). If baby is already measuring 8 days ahead, chances are when D-Day gets closer they will tell you that baby is getting too big . Plus you do have a history of going early... so I would be confident in saying you'll have a September baby! I bet you'll go before me and I'm due the 20th.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 1st, 2010, 10:02 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my first time ever being due at the end of the month...My due dates with my other kids were 6/14 10/14 3/7 4/12 and 2/14...Birthdays were 6/12 10/9 2/21 4/9 and 10/14...I've never gone over due, so i'm pretty sure this baby will be born in september...I have a couple reasons why I don't want an october birthday...There are now a few dates in October which are sad 10/7 and 10/14, and I don't want to have this baby anywhere near those dates...My 2nd daughter's birthday is 10/9 and my anniversary is 10/16...I feel bad, but I also feel like October is just a ruined month for me....I'm going to be asked to be induced early...Still working up the courage to talk it over with my doctor...I don't like October's birthstone either.

April 1st, 2010, 10:40 AM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm wondering if I will go early or late. I'm due Sept 4 but could see how that could easily end up being an August date!
April 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM View Post
Hun, it has nothing absolutely nothing to do with the different fathers, it's all about YOUR body and if you have a history of having your babies early or right on time high chances are you will have this baby when expected or before. I wouldn't stress over it.

But yeah, I'm wondering too. I've never gone on my own - always been induced because of the blood pressure. Since it's so well controlled this time (thanks to the invent of a new med safe during pregnancy) and since I have a professed NCB friendly doc (who I'll see for the first time in a week), maybe I'll actually see my due date! But, being baby #4, maybe not... but I'm not sure if that matters since I've never gone by myself! Who knows! :shrug:

Either way, I'm betting that even though I'm due at the end of the month, I won't get to Oct 1. Chances seem slim.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 1st, 2010, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I went 5 days past my due date with my oldest and those days felt like an eternity....it was ~100* and I was MISERABLE. He ended up 8 lbs, 3 oz. Every day I looked at that darn bag packed for the hospital I got irritated. It turns out my fluid had been slowing leaking because when they went to break my water after 24 hours of labor, there was nothing to break.

With my 2nd, I waited until labor started to pack my bag. I had him 2 days early, water broke at home that time. He ended up 8 lbs, 7 oz.....so glad he came earlier than the other one! After thinking I'd have another June baby, he became my May 31st baby and we share our birthstone.

So, I could go early or late....due 9/24, but I better not be too late to end up with an October baby!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search