All right, everyone run and try this!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 06:42 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I go to in-gender.com because I am determined to find out the sex of this baby before April 28...anyway they have a theory (which after a lot of reading is another tale but fun anyway) that if your Beta HCG Mom number is higher than 1.0 it's a girl and lower is a boy.

So I compared my numbers with a million other peoples.

How did I get my number? It's from the NT scan/bloodwork. I asked my OB yesterday but he refused to give me the info. God forbid I know anything.

Well, the good news is, dumb woman knows how to operate the talky device with pretty buttons...so I called the geneticists office and asked. They laughed at me but gave me the numbers.

I'm a teacher. I WOULD LOVE FOR PARENTS TO HAVE A CLUE. Why don't people in the OB/GYN field want us to know what's going on?????????????????????????????? I'm trying to learn here.

So does anyone know what their Beta HCG MoM numbers are?

I'm trying to have fun here.

Everything points to boy...and I insist it's a girl. I love that about me, I don't feel like I can budge!

And DH and I are in a war, he can't win and if it's a boy he wins. Also, he says he doesn't care but he does. He will be disappointed if it's a girl. And if it's a boy I can be done being pregnant.

I think. He also did mention the other day how when "his son" comes out he wants a daughter, too.

I'll buy him a dolly.

OMG DUH...my Beta HCG MoM number was .67
April 1st, 2010, 07:06 AM
Castaway
It's not accurate. It's the same with the biorhythm theory they speak of there to predict gender which says if you were at a physical peak during ovulation you will have a boy and if it was emotional you will have a girl. It's 50/50 really. I kinda find the biorhythm theory sexist anyways, it basically says all men are strong and all women are just emotional cry babies.

April 1st, 2010, 07:29 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Angela!!! You are a riot! Get your hubby the dolly now I don't know what my hcg MoM numbers are. Did you get that run for the 2nd tri screen? It'd be fun to look at, but I don't have the numbers. I get conflicting results all the time.

With in-gender's theory, since we had an IUI right on day of ovulation, we should have a boy... but there have been plenty of IUI's end up with girls, and IVF's for that matter

You are going to go mad until you find out! When is your appointment? Maybe you've got one of each in there and you can be done for good! Yeah....

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 1st, 2010, 08:05 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
hahaha. that it too much! when do you find out
April 1st, 2010, 08:33 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can ask what this number is on Tues next week, but I have never felt more at peace not knowing what this baby is. Either way, IM DONE!! You have such a competitive edge, you and dh are going to drive eachother mad!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 1st, 2010, 11:13 AM
pbcups10's Avatar Super Mommy
hehehhehe. The talky device with pretty buttons. I love it! I bet your doctor is the stuffy type who thinks caring about the gender so much is silly... did you tell him that was the reason why you wanted to know? There are several doctors in my office and I could see some of them just kinda rolling their eyes at me with that kind of thing. Not that it should matter, if you have a question they are there to answer it, but I bet that was why he was being a jerk about it! Of course I don't even know what that number is that you are talking about, so I am clueless and waiting forever it seems until April 19th to find out! GRRR.

April 1st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Finding out on April 28. Yeah, my OB doesn't know why anyone cares. He was pretty flippant about my miscarriage, too. Very routine, yeah, this happens like every day a million times a day...and that's nice, but that was MY BABY.

OMG I can't tell him I want to know the gender. He already told me if he can't tell 100% he won't tell me (at 20 weeks).

Like I won't be able to get on the black thing with buttons, go to google, and type in "3D ultrasound" and find a place to go get that done within 30 seconds...

Speaking of technology...my dad is buying me an ipad this Saturday...I'll have my online degree in obstetrics before long =)

Specializing in REALLY EARLY gender determination =)
April 1st, 2010, 01:12 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Alright Angela -- I dug mine out because I was so intrigued! My Beta hCGMOM number is 1.02. This would support what the doc said at the NT scan -- that he was 80% sure Baby Acorn is a girl.

Only 27 more days until we know for sure!
April 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh I hate it when docs act like that, I think they feel threatened in this age of information that they are not the keepers of healthcare information anymore.

I thought the article that Melissa posted awhile back about the placement of the placenta was interesting, it said 97 percent of placentas on the right turned out to be boys..

April 1st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Oooh I forgot to ask where my placenta is! I think it's on the left. I remember that! Of course, if I ask my OB he will just want me to make sure I know where my va jay jay is, and do I know what to put in there to get pregnant and NOTHING ABOVE AND BEYOND THAT. God forbid we let the women know too much.

They might try and take over.
April 1st, 2010, 08:08 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search