Share your crafty goals?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My crafty goals are varied right now.

Home:

I want to garden. Today I planted more lettice.

With a larger garden I want to learn how to can. This year I am putting in two new strawberry patches and today I practiced making Strawberry Jam from store bought berries.

We canned two batches of Stawberries or 10 jars.
WE dried 10 lbs of berries
Plantd zucchini and patty pan squash
Planted some tomatoes
Planted som Strawberries

Family:

I have a TON of picture to scrap and they go back to October 2009. I am really bad about not wanting to scrap older pictures... anything over a month old usually! I need to finish up Christmas. and Catch up.
Christmas LOs- XXXXX XX

I need to do the last two pages of Scarlett's name game book. DONE

Baby:

I need to organize my baby clothing. I just Rotated Scarlett's clothing and I have an empty drawer for Baby clothing!

I pulled out the neutral baby clothes and I have 9 nightgowns, 7sleepers, 5 blanket sleepers, 7 undershirts, 1 snow suit, one outfit and one pumpkin costumn. i am pretty set on newborn/o-3 m even if baby is a boy.

I am doing a 8x8 baby album. I have printed picture of the first U/S, the second U/S the first thing I bought baby. I'd do a belly shot or too but I am still too fat to even see baby.

8x8 album: XXXX

Last edited by Happy Song; April 17th, 2010 at 07:15 AM.
April 1st, 2010, 04:13 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
My big "crafty" thing, if you can all it that... I have to work on DD's room and get the nursery ready. I want to get some bins rolling for socks and hats and such... and I want to re-structure the closets of both rooms (so need DH to help with that!), and then I want to get some murals for DD's new room and decorate it! That'll be a summer project!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 1st, 2010, 05:32 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Once I find out the gender of this baby... it's on!!!

I plan on crocheting a blanket (or two!) for this baby! I learned how to crochet while I was pregnant with DD and made 2 blankets for her before she was born and people ask where I got them ALL the time if I go out with them. So I would like to make this baby his/her own blankies

Crochet hat/booties for the baby to wear in the hospital

Sew crib sheets for both babies so they can have matching or coordinating colors depending on gender.

If this baby's a boy...I think I'm going to sew a cover for DD's old bumper pads (they're pink and green) and re-use the bumper in a boyish theme.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I can't wait to paint the nursery, paint some pictures for his nursery, and paint his letters

Plant some flowers
April 1st, 2010, 06:24 PM
K_photo_mom's Avatar Krista
We just prepped our garden yesterday, so we'll be planting that in a few weeks...getting ready for a summer full of canning. I've never been pregnant in the summer so this should be interesting. I also plan on making all the bedding for the baby, just waiting to find out the gender so I can start looking for fabrics. We'll be moving Nash into a big boy bed, so I need to make him a new quilt. I have about a thousand other sewing projects, but lack the energy and motivation for any of them. So sad. I hope I can get moving soon!
April 1st, 2010, 06:53 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
When we moved into our house in December...two days after closing, our basement flooded and it turns out our sewage system was major messed up so they had to dig up our whole backyard...

Other than that I have a beautiful backyard with a deck and a gazebo and tons of space...I want a garden!

My old house had strawberry plants. Yum! Wish this year I could plant more =(

As for the baby...I crochet...and when we find out what it is, I'm making a blanket!!!
April 3rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I want to learn to sew, preferably before baby gets here so I can work on some fun things for her and myself.

Scrapbooking - oh my gosh, I'm so far behind you don't even want to know. My biggest goal there is to get back into the habit of actually doing it on a regular basis, maybe find a group locally once we get moved.

Want to get my cooking regulated so I'm only having to cook once or twice a month. Energy needs to return more for that, though. :/

Not crafty but home-related -
Need a good schedule so everyone gets their school work done daily, and I actually have some time to read!

Need to get the books organized, and an efficient reading list going for the literature. School books need some help, too - have so much stuff that I've forgotten what I have. Again.

Will have to wait and see where we end up for the gardening stuff. Would still like to get started with it somehow, but it's kind of back burner I guess.

One of my biggest home-related goals for after our move includes getting into the neighborhood and prayerfully the Lord will lead us to a circle of friends. You know, people to bbq on the weekends with, people who we can trade babysitting kids with for a night out, people who believe spiritually like we do, enjoy the same things as we do. Even if that perfect couple who is "just like us" isn't out there, we've only ever had "friendly acquaintances" with a single common interest and whom we only see for that one event each week or whatever. We both long for real companionship and it's at the forefront of our minds for this move.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 4th, 2010, 06:20 PM
~Constance~
Dalynn, I wish you were moving near me! I know we'd be great friends like that since that's always the kind of relationship I've wanted too with good friends/neighbors!

I actually didn't have too many ideas early on for pregnancy/baby projects and then about two weeks ago the ideas started coming I started "the list". Here are only a few things from the list:
(to sew or knit)
hospital gown
nursing bras
nursing tops
cloth diapers
knitted/wool sweater covers
new crib bedding
diaper bag and changing pad

I also belong to a group that is learning Homesteading skills this year. Every month each member picks a new skill to learn. So far this year I've made homemade body wash(liquid soap), homemade laundry detergent and I've learned to knit. I'd love to build and use a solar oven this summer! I also want to compost correctly for great fertilizer. So many cool skills to acquire it's hard to choose each month!
I usually help my parents with their garden and dehydrate, pickle, can and freeze surplus. I don't know how much I'll be able to do this year. It may all be frozen this year since that's the quickest method.
I have a box of scrapbooking stuff I really should be using but I discovered that I just don't enjoy scrapping. I like having pictures on discs but not displaying them. It's a weird quirk of mine.
We're "decorating" the kids room this year by actually buying them good furniture and finishing it together. Their current room is getting fresh paint, carpet and a light fixture but it's more as a moving out redo than really kid decor. They can choose a decor theme for their new rooms when we move.
I'm continually creating something so it's really hard to actually list how many projects I'm planning.
Right now I'm sewing cloth diapers:
April 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepatch View Post
Dalynn, I wish you were moving near me! I know we'd be great friends like that since that's always the kind of relationship I've wanted too with good friends/neighbors!
Awww That actually made me tear up. LOL High emotions here already plus that equals tears I guess. LOL Thank you!

And that diaper is adorable! The group sounds awesome - maybe I can find something like that in SA! Would be awesome. Sewing is one of the things I want to learn to do, and it would be fantastic to learn in time to be able to make diapers. Too bad I'm not moving near you!!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 6th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
[QUOTE=cabbagepatch;19686131]Dalynn, I wish you were moving near me! I know we'd be great friends like that since that's always the kind of relationship I've wanted too with good friends/neighbors!

LOL I was thinking the same thing

I was going to have a big garden after finding out about this bundle i will not plant one. My mom is planting a big one and told me to steal from her.

At home we need to build the addition and a bedroom in the basement, at the lake I want to cover my deck and plant grass. After all that i will get the baby room set up ( Figure out if some will share rooms or not) and get all the cloths washed.

I also want to get a freezer full of meals, with a new baby, working, new babe in school and winter sports....WOW when will i cook. Dalynn do you have any fav recipes for freezers ?

April 24th, 2010, 08:47 AM
erinelizabeth83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to plant a small vegetable garden this year in addition to the flowers I normally plant.

I was thinking of painting murals on Elijah and the new baby's dressers. I'm sticking with the fisher price precious planet theme I already have going for Eli. I think that will be cute for a girl or a boy so why change it. If we owned our house I would do the murals on the walls but since we just rent I think I'll stick with the dressers and save myself having to repaint when we move out.

The only other crafty thing I will be doing for the new baby is making a "moby" wrap. But that's really just a big piece of fabric so it doesn't require much work. Just pick out fabric, cut it to size and hem the edges. I might make a ring sling too if I am feeling motivated enough.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search