Vaginal Discharge?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 07:17 PM
kellbri2005's Avatar Veteran
I am almost 19 weeks now and after I got out of the shower tonight, I felt a gush of fluid. I felt it more I think because I was naked(sorry TMI) and getting dressed. When I wiped, it was clear. I have had a lot of discharge throughout the pregnancy but have never felt it gush out like that. Has anyone else having a lot of discharge? I am just afraid it is amnionic fluid.

BRIELLE ANNE/ 8/31/10/ 7LBS 80Z
April 1st, 2010, 07:22 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm def having discharge but not a gush at all mine isn't super clear either. you may want to call your ob or just get checked if you can.

ps when my water broke with ds it was a big gush and then on and off i felt like i was peeing myself.
April 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM
mamato4boys's Avatar Daleen
I've had this myself, because of my twins I have found that my bladder is not as strong as it use to be, even coughing or sneezing can cause a leak (sorry tmi)
Amniotic fluid can be clear, pink, brown, or green. It also has an unusual smell that some people compare to Comet cleanser. If the fluid looks yellowish and smells of ammonia, you're probably experiencing urine leakage. This frequently happens to women toward the end of pregnancy.
When in doubt call your doc.

THANK YOU BAM FOR MY AWESOME SIGGY
Always Remembering Otis, Evan Navarro, Riley, and Patrick
~September 2010 DDC's Perfect Angels~
April 1st, 2010, 07:25 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
I agree with Alethia. I have a fair amount of discharge but no gushing. I hope everything is okay.

April 1st, 2010, 08:06 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Were you showering or bathing? sometimes when sitting in water you can collect some water and then release it when you stand up. I have had days where my "wetness" seems to be in overdrive (constantly going to the bathroom to wipe, and getting the tissue all wet when I do). It is just discharge for me though (I had it checked last week at the hospital for amniotic fluid and it was not it). As the pregnancy progesses, you will keep getting more and more vaginal discharge.......but if your in doubt, you could always make a trip to the labor/delivery ward and have them swab you.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 1st, 2010, 08:41 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I agree - I've had days of heavier discharge, to the point of annoying and even feeling it... but never in a big gush. If you were standing up in the shower and not bathing, were it me I'd probably get checked. (I've always been in bed and the doc has broken my water for me, so I'd wonder what it would feel like to happen standing up....)

If in doubt, call! Hope everything's ok.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 2nd, 2010, 04:56 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Hope all is okay!
April 2nd, 2010, 05:29 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
let us know what the dr says cus i am experiencing that and i went to the hospital but they said my cervix was still closed so just wear a pad but they never told me what it is

i am afriad to go again cus i don't want then to think i am crazy but it seems like way more then discharge..... TMI but with a panty liner my underwear is still actually wet... i have an appointment on tues so maybe my dr (who really does not seem to know much about pregnancy) will tell me something

good luck and i will be thinking of you hoping all is alright

**mine is brownish not clear
April 2nd, 2010, 07:34 AM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
Me me I have felt a little gush but usually after DTD (sorry tmi) but it is clear and not continuous. It couldn't hurt to call the drs office and see what they say. I would say that if it was one time and not continuous then this has happened to me and it was nothing but still call your dr

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would call and check it out to be sure, if it seems to be a constant thing. With my first, we found out during labor that my water must have been slowing leaking because when they went ot break my water, it was already broken. It was June and super hot and I was sweaty all the time, the wetness I sometimes felt I thought was just discharge/sweat because it was never enough to need a pad or anything. With my second kid, my water broke at home and wowsers-no mistaking that! I think I sat on the toilet for like 20 minutes while stuff just kept coming out and coming out. Hubby made me sit on like 4 beach towels on the way to the hospital so I wouldn't leak anymore on he car seats.

They can check to find out if it is amniotic fluid and they can also measure the level of fluid by doing an u/s.
April 2nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would check with the dr just to be safe.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search