Appt update good and bad

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 06:33 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I had my appt yesterday. First she couldn't find the babies heartbeat which almost sent me into a panic. Thankfully she finally did and peanut's heartbeat was a beautiful 155. I have been having a lot of pressure lately so she did a pelvic exam and said my cervix is firm and closed BUT she thinks it may be shortening. I have my level II ultrasound next Thursday (yay!) and she ordered to have my cervical length measured at that time. In the meantime she said no sex, no running, no lifting heavy objects, no over doing it and if I start having contractions to let her know immediately. So, I have been reading about this and it can be a sign of premature birth. Have any of you experienced this and please be brutally honest with me on what the outcome was.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 06:36 AM
*Amie*
I'm so glad she persisted and managed to find babys heartbeat, I know it can be AWFUL and seem like a lifetime when you start to panic.
Can't offer any advice or experience, but I hope all goes well at your ultrasound and your cervix is ok

April 2nd, 2010, 06:38 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I'm sorry, no experience with that but HUGS! Take it easy!

And yay for a nice heartbeat!
April 2nd, 2010, 06:52 AM
mamato4boys's Avatar Daleen
With my first son I had contractions from 2o weeks. He came at 36 weeks. Good luck on Thursday.

THANK YOU BAM FOR MY AWESOME SIGGY
Always Remembering Otis, Evan Navarro, Riley, and Patrick
~September 2010 DDC's Perfect Angels~
April 2nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
No experience with the shortened cervix, but I just wanted to send T&P your way! And yay for the great HB!

April 2nd, 2010, 07:13 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
Thanks girls! I am trying to not stress over it too much until I find out more on Thursday, but I am a worrier! It's just who I am!

April 2nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
I hope your ultrasound reveals that everyhing is ok with the cervix. Listen to DRs orders and pls take it easy until then! Glad you found baby's heartbeat!!

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Would a cerclage be one of the treatments for this?I don't know much about it and I'm praying the u/s reveals you are perfectly healthy and prepared for a full term, uneventful pregnancy I would be worrying, too, so I'm not going to tell you not to. Just know we are here for you and I hope you are able to find answers that help calm the nerves until your next u/s.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 2nd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
No advice but take it easy!

My sister went into labor at like 18 weeks with her son...he held on until 35 weeks. Then he was 7 lbs. He's a huge 5 year old now.

It's good that they checked you like they did!
April 2nd, 2010, 07:36 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
Would a cerclage be one of the treatments for this?I don't know much about it and I'm praying the u/s reveals you are perfectly healthy and prepared for a full term, uneventful pregnancy I would be worrying, too, so I'm not going to tell you not to. Just know we are here for you and I hope you are able to find answers that help calm the nerves until your next u/s.

From what I have read a cerclage could be a treatment but apparently it is a contraversial procedure (I did not know that) as the benefits have not completely been proven. I know there was a lady here (my prego brain is not remember who right now, sorry!) that had one placed last week I think? I will have to go back and see if I can find her thread.

April 2nd, 2010, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any experience either. Take it easy and I hope everything can be figured out.
April 2nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No advice here, but wishing you get good results at your next ultrasound.

April 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
So glad they found the baby's heartbeat!! And I don't really have any advice about the cervical shortening but I'm glad he's being proactive NOW and keeping an eye on things... you're in good hands!! KUP!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeay for babies good h/b. T&P that your cervix stays the way it should!!!
April 2nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hi, I'm the host of the High Risk Board, cervical shortening is a common complication among the members of our board, please feel free to stop by and ask questions. Serious cervical shortening is called cervical competence, and here is a resource page I made that may help: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-cerclage.html (Incompetent Cervix, Cervical Insufficiency and Cervical Cerclage)

Cervical shortening that is monitored and treated often has very good outcomes. My cousin had a very, very severe case of cervical incompetence, but with hospital bedrest and a cerclage she made it all the way to 37 weeks and her son was born full term and healthy.

Good luck!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search