No need for the 3-hour Glucose Test...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 05:56 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
My glucose levels have been elevated since I started monitoring them on Tuesday. Even my fasting levels have been elevated. I talked to the nurse yesterday and she said don't bother coming in for the 3-hour. I'm actually releaved that I don't have to do it.

Instead I have an appt. with the high risk doctor right before my u/s on Thursay. If they decide to put me on meds or insulin, I'll have to go in twice a week! I'm already out of sick time, so I'll have to work some kind of arrangement to make up the time with my boss.

I'm glad they are catching this GD early and my attitude is much better now. I'm not in the dumps anymore, I just want to do what's right for me and the baby. The diet still sucks though, I'm not going to sugar coat that (no pun intended).

April 2nd, 2010, 05:59 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Awww Kimberley - your attitude about it all is great! I hate that you have to follow that diet, but you are right. It is for such a short amount of time, and sooo worth it.

Good luck! I think I remember several women on here that have had/or have GD. Maybe we can start a GD recipe thread in the Greenhouse!

April 2nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
I'm sorry that you have GD. I may have a mild case of it. I failed the one hour test and one of my numbers came back high on my three hour test, but you need to have high numbers on at least two to be considered to have GD. My doctor is having me repeat the three hour test again at 24 weeks. No fun!

I'm glad that you don't have to do that darn test. It's awful! I've been trying to follow the diet, and the hardest part for me is eating so often. I just can't seem to eat that much!
April 2nd, 2010, 06:26 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
What a great attitude, and I'm sure you and baby will be much healthier because of it. I have an IRL friend who had it, and while she did not like the structure of the diet, she said it was amazing because she barely gained any weight, and knew it was super healthy and she looked FANTASTIC after the pregnancy... so there are many benefits to it.

This is one thing I am worried about as well, but I won't get tested until about 28 weeks or so... ((HUGS)) sweetie, I hope they can give you some great pointers to helps and you don't have to worry about the sick leave either.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 2nd, 2010, 06:28 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
HUGS!!! I like the idea of the GD recipe forum too
April 2nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
sorry to hear that you have GD but it is really good you are getting help this early on and that they will be taking good care of you!

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 06:35 AM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I have GD and I think your attitude is great. The diet can be really frustrating but eating so much so often is definitely a big reason for that. I love the idea of a GD recipe forum. It is always nice to have someone going through the same thing around.
April 2nd, 2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks ladies. I really do appreciate the support!

April 2nd, 2010, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your levels are still elevated, at least they won't put you through the test though. I'm sure the diet part stinks, but it will all be worth it-keeping you and baby safe and healthy. We're hear to listen if you ever need to vent about it. I agree that a GD recipe section would be great. Maybe if you posted some of the things you are allowed to eat, we could find other recipes for you.
April 2nd, 2010, 08:54 AM
I appreciate the help, a recipe thread sounds great, although I really don't have a problem with what I'm allowed to eat. It's the planning ahead part that I struggle with. No more pulling out the baked lays for a snack, I have to plan my snacks to include both carbs and protien. And I pretty much have to lay off the sweets which is not easy... I have such a sweet tooth! I have to eat every 3 hours and since I work full time, (and take the train to work) I have to make sure I pack my lunch bag with everthing I need for the day. Shopping takes a little longer because I have to read the nutrition labels on everything! I stood in front of the english muffins for about ten minutes trying to find the best one. I can't eat fruit before noon, and a large bannana is 4 carb servings (that's what I'm allowed for dinner). No more fruit juice at all. And even though I'm eating every three hours, I'm not feeling satisfied, so I'm basically hungry all day. I know it is going to take some getting used to, and I'm sure I'll find ways to fill up, but learning this diet is hard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search