Yay and opinions about middle name

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 06:28 AM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I am 15 weeks today. Yay! I love Fridays. I was able to get infor my anatomy u/s at 18 weeks with Matthew so hopefully three more weeks. I am super stoked! We are really hoping for a girl but I wanted some opinions on a middle name. Dh chose Ella for a girl name but I really want Belle for a middle name. Does Ella Belle sound right though. I can't seem to make up my mind.
April 2nd, 2010, 06:36 AM
*Amie*
TBH, it does sound a bit "rhymy" ... that's just my opinion, and my because we call my friends little girl "Ella Bella" as a nickname.

Could you maybe call baby "Isabella"? To try to keep the theme? She could be called "Ella" or "Bella" for short?

April 2nd, 2010, 06:38 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
on 15 weeks!!! Woot! I bet you can get in for that u/s in 3 short weeks. It flies by once you have the date set at least, that's what I try to tell myself...

As far as Ella Belle... Each name is beautiful, but to me, it doesn't sound "right" together... It sounds OK, but I keep going back to it for some reason, thinking about it, so it's not an immediate, "Oh, GREAT rhythm to the name" or anything for me. I keep thinking of ice cream, for some reason. Is there another name that has Belle in it that you can use? Ella Isabelle doesn't sound right because of the vowels, but maybe something else?

I just keep going back to it... so it's OK, too, but it takes a while for me to get used to...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 2nd, 2010, 06:38 AM
** Mandy **
I love both those names but they aren't my favorite together.

April 2nd, 2010, 06:44 AM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I feel the same way as you ladies. I would love to use the name Isabella as a first name and find a different middle name, however, dh said no bc we have a friend whose daughter is named Izabella. I don't think it would be a big deal bc We would call her Bella or Ella anyway. Maybe I can change his mind about it. Thanks for the opinions.
April 2nd, 2010, 06:45 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
^ditto other ladies! Yay only 3 more weeks!
April 2nd, 2010, 06:53 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
Yay on 15 weeks! I hope you get your ultrasound scheduled in 3 weeks and the time flies by! I agree with the other ladies about the name. Two very pretty names, but doesn't sound right together.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 07:03 AM
*Amie*
Annabella? I can't think of many more similar style names though

April 2nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for 15 weeks! I'm due the same day as you.

I agree about the names not sounding right together. Our friends named their daughter Elizabeth, but call her Ellie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search