I've gone... MAD!!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 09:23 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Every since we had the 3d sono and could not determine the sex of the baby I have been going nuts.
Maybe bc we want a girl and the tech at first say girl.. giving us a ray of hope. lol. Then said boy then said I just dont know.
My friend that has two girls says the ultrasound reminds her of hers with her girls,we bought the dvd of it and she said she would be shocked if this turns out to be a boy...

On the other hand I feel like this is a boy.. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

So......... Dh leaves for 3 weeks Sunday morning.. But I made another appointment with a different 3d place for tomorrow. AM I freaking insane?!?!! Dh is all on board bc all bills are paid, etc. We are just getting the 2D bc all I care about is finding out the SEX of this little bean. Fingers crossed we get a good shot!!!

Any ideas on how to make ultrasound go better? Full bladder, empty bladder.. drink a lot dont drink alot.. anything??? SUGAR? Juice? Lol
April 2nd, 2010, 09:25 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
You'll get it this time!
April 2nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
If baby wasn't moving into position last time, I'd say drink cold water and maybe a bit of oj right before... even a little chocolate will get the baby moving around, and if s/he moves into position, you can get that perfect shot!

Not sure about the bladder, but I plan on not being empty or full... just enough to be comfortable and push that uterus up a little for easier photos.

Someone else on board here told me to be really well hydrated for the week ahead of time, so hopefully you've been getting in lots of water, or at least, get in a bunch today and tomorrow up til your appointment to help that fluid.

I'm so excited to see what you are having!!! FX that this little bundle is on team PINK!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 2nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No idea on what would make it go better...maybe a full bladder? I'm not sure though. I know that drinking juice or a little caffeine will sometimes make the baby more active, but that might not necessarily make it easier to determine gender. Hopefully someone else has better advice, lol!

Regardless...GOOD LUCK!!! I hope the baby cooperates and you get to know what you are having!! And sending you lots of pink dust!

April 2nd, 2010, 09:30 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Drink a lot of water the few days beforehand so you're well hydrated...
On the way there, drink something sugary (I drank OJ) and ate a pb cup...

I think the 2D are much clearer for the gender at this point so that should help! Also, Cohen was under my belly button so she had me lay on my side and BAM! We saw it!
April 2nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
This is a different place so hopefully if we arent getting a good angle she will let me doing jumping jacks ..jk or something to get baby to move around into a different angle. The last one I was sitting half up , I dont know why I guess so you could see the huge tv, like it wasnt big enough but I think since I am a bit bigger me laying completely flat would help with seeing better giving it less pudge in the front to work through.
April 2nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I'm a bigger mama, and I was leaned back but almost sitting...I think you will be okay this time, drink lots of water today through tomorrow though, the better hydrated you are, the clearer the picture!
April 2nd, 2010, 10:19 AM
mandy312's Avatar Veteran
i drank a TON of water the day before, then on the way to the place, i actually drank a mt dew. luckily we got in pretty quick, because after drinking that, i felt like i might puke cause of all the caffeine i haven't had in a few months. lol...but once i saw her, that went away. she was moving around SO much! i was prepared for a boy, because the only other person that said it'd be a girl was my 7 year old niece. lol. but luckily for me, she just had the cord between her legs for the first part of the u/s. good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search