Delivery

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
lol, I will have a repeat C probably so only DH will be allowed in the room, but otherwise, my mom will be there and i'm sure the rest of our family will be in the waiting room
April 2nd, 2010, 11:08 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I think I can have up to 4 people with me, but DH will be the only one there. He was the only one there with DS and he did great.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Eeek...I have no idea!!

April 2nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I have no idea how many people the hospital allows, but I only allow 1: DH!!! No one else!!! Now, depending on when baby is born (day or night) whichever grandparent is up here helping with DD will be allowed to be at the hospital with DD waiting til baby is born, but when I really think about it, I think I'd rather they stay here til it's all said and done, then they can come down. I'm pretty funny that way.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
*Amie*
I'd never really thought about my Mum coming! We're very close, and that would be fab but I think I'd like her to watch Tyler.... so just DF!

April 2nd, 2010, 11:37 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our hospital allows 5 people max in the delivery room. Right now, none of the kids want to go so it looks like it'll be dh and MIL.

April 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
** Mandy **
It will only be DH just like last time. I don't know how many people are allowed.

April 2nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
This is going to be a huge fight.

DH has to be there but if you say vagina, he giggles like a 6 year old girl. He is going to need to get over that PRONTO.

My OB doesn't think he is cute, and that day, I probably won't, either. Childbirth jokes will cease to be funny on that day, no matter how cool his single friends might think it is.

Aside from trying to get the guy to make the grown up transition from bachelorhood...I just want it to be him and me. He's already very unconfident that he can handle it, so he wants his mommy there.

His mom didn't knock me up. She *IS* an OB nurse...but she is also my MIL. I pray that we just get through this and can do it alone.

My family has no interest in being there. They live 6 minutes from the hospital and they will come after, when I call them. They always do that.

When DH's sister had a baby, she insisted that everyone STOP what they were doing when she went into labor, and ALL come up to the hospital to await the arrival of her firstborn.

So Keith thinks everyone will be doing that.

First off, this is not the second coming of Christ. The baby will be there the next day. Secondly, if DH's whole family is in the waiting room, guess who will be down there with them? DH! While MIL is with me watching the world happen between my legs.

And here I am holding the awkward balloon...

If I get to pick...I say DH...and then MAYBE my kids. Now Dh is opposed to my kids being there and I feel totally comfortable with the kids being there. As long as my daughter does not pull the drama queen while I'm in transition...
April 2nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably DH and my mom and maybe my sister. Not sure how many people are allowed. I don't mind any visitors throughout the day but when it comes down to close to delivery, only the few.
April 2nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Well it will probably be my DH. My MIL was there when I had Scarlett and she took some great gorey pictures which I LOVE.

When I give birth I am going into the hospital on super stealth mode and no one will know I am there. Once I am home whe can call whom ever we please.

April 2nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea what the hospital allows, but it will only be hubby there with me. The plan will be the same as last time-if I need to go to the hospital at night (last time my water broke at 3 am) we will call my mom. She's about 20 minutes from here and definitely level headed enough not to panic about driving over in the middle of the night. Then in the morning (7-8ish) we'll call MIL and she'll cme stay with the boys. My mom still works full time+. If it is the day, we will call MIL and she will come right then. Hubby will probably bring the boys up to the hospital each of the nights I am there, MIL will probably come the frist night, but then stay at our house and rest some the other nights-my boys tend to wear her out. My mom and local sisters will come whenever their work schedules allow it (we're more of a work first, play second kind of family).

I don't see the need for anyone to sit in a hospital waiting area when we have no idea how long the labor/delivery will take. I'd rather them be at home and comfy. Plus then hubby and I have a little bit of time to ourselves with the baby, we can get switched over the the mother/baby unit (separate from L&D), get cleaned up, etc.
April 2nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
ameriguat
Who do you want with you when you deliver? Hubby and my step mom if she wants to be there
How many people are you allowed in there? I have no idea. I don't want to show my cha cha to the whole world so I don't want that many people in there.
April 2nd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelkitty View Post
His mom didn't knock me up. She *IS* an OB nurse...but she is also my MIL.
My MIL was an OB nurse for years, but now works for the Red Cross. I was allowed 3 people, but only wanted her and DH. But I told DH that if there was a problem and somebody had to leave, it was him. I completely wanted her by my side!!

I really hope that they are both there this time too. But that leaves me wondering, what do I do with my son?? If my water breaks at midnight like it did last time, I know he's going to the hospital with us. So he might just have to hang around! Depends on if MIL brings my FIL with her to watch him, or if I can get ahold of my SIL or DH's grandmother.

April 2nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
mamato4boys's Avatar Daleen
My MIL will be watching our three sons, and DH probably wont be in the same state, so maybe just my SIL. Or I'll have to go it alone.

THANK YOU BAM FOR MY AWESOME SIGGY
Always Remembering Otis, Evan Navarro, Riley, and Patrick
~September 2010 DDC's Perfect Angels~
April 2nd, 2010, 01:37 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Def. DH!!! this is his first and last child. My mother and DH's mom, this is her only time to see the birth of one of her grandkids, a photographer to photograph the whole thing and my best friend. I just recently asked my DR how many ppl and he said 7!!! I about had a heart attack, but that is soooooooo awesome since this is my last.
April 2nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
I will have just my DH, my mpm and dad will come watch my son. I guess that they will come to the hospital once they baby is born. if the baby doesn't go to the NICU i might have visitors, but might just wait til we get home. MIL's (i have 2) will come at some point..... but as they are 2 hours away it might be better for them to wait to come once we get home

i think i will fly by the seat of my pants other than the fact that NO ONE but my husband will be there for the birth!

last time i thought that i might have my mom there but she being amazing kept telling me that it was all up to me and what i wanted.... she said i had the power to change my mind at any point of the delievery and she would not be offended at all, even if i kicked her out right as the baby was being born..... and i did actually change my mind , once i started to feel the pain i didn't want my mom to see me that way and i love her forever for making me feel like i could do what i wanted and not to worry about hurting her feelings that what she wanted was what i wanted

Last edited by irish luck; April 2nd, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
April 2nd, 2010, 03:19 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
I know labor can be a long and drawn out process, or it can go really fast. Both happend with my sister.

I don't mind if family wants to show up to visit while I'm in labor and if they want to spend thier time waiting for hours in the waiting room, that's thier business, I won't stop them, but when it comes to acutally pushing and delivering the baby, I only want DH in the room.

My sister had all kinds of people in the room with her for each of her deliveries and I'm just not the same, I don't want all the extra eyes looking down there! My mom is upset that I don't want her in there, but I'm sure she'll get over it.

April 2nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Definitely just DH for me. I dont mind if people want to wait but I only want DH in the room. Last time people just waited for us to call with updates and then came over once we had delivered. I am assuming it will be the same this time.

April 2nd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Veteran
I don't know yet how many people the hospital allows, but I'm only allowing my husband.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search