I need FUN advice!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
So I've paid ALL my bills for the month...woooo!! And I still have a good bit of money left over. I'm working tonight, and should make good money, and I'm working tomorrow night (will DEFINITELY make good money), so I'm ahead of the game. Plus, I should get state taxes back in a few weeks.

So I want to buy something fun! I haven't in ages. I know I SHOULD save everything I can. Or I should spend it on baby stuff. But I really want to buy a camera. I don't own one (at all. Not even a film camera). I wouldn't get a super expensive camera, just something nice, and small. I KNOW I will want one when baby is born. I want to be able to take pictures of him/her when she is born, and when they are little. Plus, the bonus to getting it NOW is that I can take bump pictures, too! And I know as it gets later I'll HAVE to spend any extra money on baby essentials. What do you guys think? Am I being selfish? Or is it an acceptable "investment"?

April 2nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
molly_jean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DO it! You've earned it, and it's a necessity IMO We'll be investing in a camera here shortly too
April 2nd, 2010, 11:53 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
Absolutely do it!! You deserve it and a camera is SO important to capture all the little memories that go by so quickly. I would love video camera. We borrowed my in laws when DS was little and I LOVE going back and watching all the video footage I took of him!!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm normally a saver kind of girl, but absolutely you need a camera! Have fun picking one out!
April 2nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
A Camera is a good investment for now and baby

April 2nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OH, I'm a saver too... but you can't have that baby until you have a camera!!! I say DO IT. It's a must when you have a child, no doubt about it. Really look around for some sales and you may be able to get a GREAT deal, and save some of the extra for your birth center costs

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
A camera is a necessity with a baby.

April 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
You must have a camera. This *IS* a baby purchase! Spend all you want and get one you will have for a long time!

I just went through this with a video camera. And now I feel bad that my kids whole life wasn't filmed because I didn' t have one =(
April 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
DO IT!!!! Like Anna said, look for something in the 10-12 megapixel range. And I definitely recommend getting a camera with a rechargeable battery (I just plug mine in like a cellphone) I got so sick and tired of my old camera eating through batteries! And don't forget a memory card!!! You won't regret it!!! Let us know what you end up getting!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Do it for sure... you NEED a camera!

April 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes you need a new camera!!!!! Getting it now is a wise decision. This way you can actually learn to use it and play with all its features.

April 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
i am all about responsible purchases ... and this you MUST buy!!! we got one before my son was born...... i would advise you to get it know so you can figure out the settings before you actually have the baby!
April 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
OMG Girl a camera is a necessity with a Baby!! As someone who is going to want to see sooo many pictures of your little one come August I am pushing you out the door. GO NOW!!!

April 2nd, 2010, 03:58 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Yes, you NEED a camera! I have a Sony and love it
April 3rd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
First comes camera.. then comes baby.. Go ahead pick one out! I cannot wait to see your bump pictures

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
April 3rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
pbcups10's Avatar Super Mommy
Ditto everyone else! Don't lok at it like a splurge... a camera is a necessity with a little one. I take mine everywhere!!! I think I'm going to get one of those little flip video cameras so I can start making more movies too!

April 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Thanks for the advice, ladies!! I'm definitely going to start doing some research and purchase a camera soon! I'm so excited

April 3rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
You HAVE to have a camera when baby arrives so GO FOR IT!!!!! You'll never regret it!!! Make sure to get one that has a rechargable battery included. DO not get one that uses AA, even if you buy rechargable AA it will still suck the power.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search