Baby Style!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I like my daughter to be dressed really cute and "Princess" style. Her hair is always done and always looks cute!

Oh, I have about 6 pairs of Converse that I have bought my daughter since she was able to start wearing shoes. The high-tops don't works so well for her flimsy feet, but nonetheless they're the cutest shoes!

April 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
As a newborn, just comfortable.
As a infant/toddler, trendy (American Eagle has kids clothes
April 2nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Oh, yes! The pink ones are the cutest. She has three pairs of pink, one purple, and one black pair and another black with pink stripes.

April 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
*Amie*
Tyler's my lil rock star he wears things with skull & crossbones on them, I also buy him brands such as Diesel, Bench, Quiksilver etc (from TK Maxx of course) I love the look of Converse but they don't fit his feet, boooo. I love funky lil H&M clothes. I also love jeans with details on them, like stars/skulls ..etc. He has Rolling stones (Amplified brand) clothes.
If I had a girl, she's been a very cutesy, pink but funky lil lady! I love the Baby K range from Mothercare, and H&M.

April 2nd, 2010, 04:18 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
I like trendy clothes, nothing with characters on them
April 2nd, 2010, 04:41 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Ummm... frugal I could care less about brand names or anything like that (never could) but I want her to look cute, but not too princessy... So, I guess I just throw together whatever works

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 2nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
Ummm... frugal I could care less about brand names or anything like that (never could)
Me too! I often shop the end of the season for the following year. For around the house, it's tshirts and shorts or long sleeve shirts/sweatshirts and jeans and for going out, it's button down collar shirts/polo shirts and nice pants or jeans. I typically won't spend more than $4 for a shirt or shorts and $8 for pants, other than their Christmas/Easter/other special occasion outfits. I avoid all things with characters on them or the plasticy printing stuff. I hate velcro shoes, but I don't mind the small velcro strap on their nice sandals. I shop at various places-Kohl's, Sears, Target, Carter's, etc and for their special outfits I go to The Children's Place, Gymboree, or Osh Kosh.
April 3rd, 2010, 05:38 AM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Comfortable for newborn - with a few cute outfits.

As a infant/toddler, trendy. I stick more to baby gap and children's place. I like more plain t's with a cute pair of jeans.

I have no idea how I would dress a girl though - I don't even look at girls clothes. They are too cute
April 3rd, 2010, 05:48 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
My kid will be preppy, just like us. I don't care about where I get the clothes -- Target will work just fine. I'll splurge at Janie & Jack for her special occasion clothes (which are soooooo adorable).
April 3rd, 2010, 07:50 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Like Gwynne and Kris... I'm frugal when it comes to her everyday clothes. I have a girl and I am just appalled how DIRTY she gets after a day of playing/eating/snacking. I get her clothes on sale/clearance and put clothes on her that my IL's get her that I don't particularly like so I don't care if she ruins or stains them. I like Target and Old Navy a lot. Really... my in-laws have ended up buying most of the clothes she has so I really haven't shopped too much for her in that department. I think the stuff at Carter's, Gap, Children's Place and Gymboree are SO cute but I can't bring myself to pay those prices and put her in clothes that she will only wear for 2-3 months max. DH and I do plan on getting her brand names as she gets older and starts asking for them. We do buy her expensive shoes (Stride Rite) and each pair is usually around 45-50 dollars... but DH insists she has good walking shoes (she has pigeon toes like he did as a child).

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 3rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
I'm in the frugal boat -- but then I'm that way for ME too. I don't even buy me clothes anymore because it apparently hurts my MIL's feelings. I let her and my SIL buy me clothes for bday and xmas and just have done. She's got better style than I do. She buys most of DH's clothes too.

We went to a local consignment sale for DS -- so spent $112 on 21 shirts, 14 shorts, 4 pajamas, and 3 rompers (the full body outfits). That averages to $2.66 a piece =D But he's got an entire summer wardrobe he can do whatever he wants in and I don't care.

He usually ends up getting his shirt changed every day at daycare because he's fantastic on feeding himself =D

April 3rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Frugal. Target, Old Navy, etc. I have a boy. He destroys everything he wears eventually On Black Friday I hit up the outlet malls all night and that's where he gets his cute Gymboree, Carters, what's the other cute expensive one? I always score great deals that night. He's really into pirates and skateboards so I guess a bit more on the rocker side. Hubs is a snowboarder/beach guy so they have similar style. Both are always a bit disheveled, but both are quite charmers so it works for them. Grandma (Shaun's mom) spoils the ever living you know what out of him so his more high end fancy Gap and Janie and Jack clothing is all from her at Christmas and his birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphinae View Post
I'm in the frugal boat -- but then I'm that way for ME too. I don't even buy me clothes anymore because it apparently hurts my MIL's feelings. I let her and my SIL buy me clothes for bday and xmas and just have done. She's got better style than I do. She buys most of DH's clothes too.
EXACTLY the same situation here. MIL buys all my cute work clothes because she has MUCH more style than I do. Anytime I get asked where my outfit is from and say my MIL, I just get a weird look She starts Christmas shopping in March though so she just stock piles clothes over the year.
April 3rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexicon View Post
I think the stuff at Carter's, Gap, Children's Place and Gymboree are SO cute but I can't bring myself to pay those prices and put her in clothes that she will only wear for 2-3 months max.
The Carter's shopping I do is at the outlet store that's close to us. Lots of stuff for $3.99 and they often havea 20% off $50 purchase, so even better deal!

I also wanted to add that a decent amount of our boys' clothes is airplane related. Hubby flies recreationally and so he loves all the little pilot stuff.
April 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I just went and pulled out Scarlett's summer/ next size clothes and well she doesn't need anything. So I
She owns one pair of shoes that fits her right now. Plain white shoes that match everything and her younger sibling can wear two years from now. have to say my baby wears hand me downs.

What she wears most is sleepers. She is a nudest who refuses to wear clothing and shoes and when I put a sleeper on her, her feet are covered and she can't yet get her clothing off.

April 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
K_photo_mom's Avatar Krista
I have bought my fair share of "designer" type clothes only to have them get a stain on them. I hate when nice clothes get stained or ruined, so I found that when I bought them, they would sit in the closet until they were outgrown. I learned that for me, it's just not worth the money because I am scared to put my kids in them. I also bought a pair of baby uggs when my daughter was born and oh my word, those stupid things wouldn't ever stay on her feet. So annoying. Not to be a downer about cute, spendy clothes, but for me...not worth it anymore.
April 3rd, 2010, 10:25 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Cambria's clothes are 97% GAP. I do find good deals and she's so petite that she still wears 12-18 months. Im not Into Character's, and princessy stuff. I like Boy's shirts with writing on them but not for girls for some reason. I went to Baby GAP today and bought a couple Polo onesie's for $4! I do want to get some Vans and Converse for this baby though.
April 4th, 2010, 11:22 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Frugal here, too, though some of you have more pricey ideas of frugal than I do. LOL

I haven't shopped for ME in ages, but I think from now on will be sticking to Target. I just like that they have my size mixed in with the "regular" clothes. Ross and/or Marshall's are big hits for us, too.

For baby I'm sure we'll stick to those and add some WalMart to the mix. I want to learn to sew and then I can make her anything I want! LOL

Again, assuming it's a her.

Cute and girly, but I'm not a big fan of the princess stuff. My niece has tiaras. She certainly thinks the world revolves around her! LOL I'm sure that's not the clothing, but it's about an attitude, and it bugs me. So, I'm odd. Oh well.

Cute and girly! Purple if I can find it, but she has three brothers... and we are scouters, so I'm loving the stuff with bugs or flowers or nature that is purple or pink. Butterflies and lady bugs! YAY!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 4th, 2010, 11:33 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I CAN NOT wait to shop for baby clothes!
I am in the same boat as a lot of others... comfy but cute as a infant/baby baby and trendy as a toddler.
I can imagine myself buying a lot of little dresses/leggings/skirts for a little girl and I have seen toddler cardigans that I just think are adorable! I don't know what to do with a boy though! Haha!
Definitely no characters either....

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search