Naming theme?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Anna's posts got me thinking...

Anyone going to follow a theme with names?

I see some BTDT moms who have kids' who's names start with the same letter, or are the same number of syllables, or are all Biblical... I'm just wondering if you are going to follow that theme?

I'm going to stick with the K/C name theme, but I wonder, if we have 4 kids total, would that be too much? I doubt we'll have 4, but we're definitely going to try for 3 and if we get #4 by "accident", well... Would it be too much? I really want to stick with it and don't see it to be a problem with 2 kids, or 3, but 4?

What do you think?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 2nd, 2010, 05:00 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I think there are just so many options out there with the C/K sounds.

I'm starting my own theme

Girls will have SUPER feminine names WITH nicknames. We have Alexandra but call her Alex most of the time. If this baby's a girl, she will be Aurora, Rory for short. And we have a list of girls names that we like (for future reference) and we want to stick with longer A girly names that END in A and have nicknames... so we're really painting ourselves in a corner when it comes to girls

And boys... first one will be Connor James. DH is Christopher James so we both love Connor and I do not want a Chris Jr. at all. So it's a nice father/son similiarity, we think. And if we do end up using Connor, we'll probably stick with a C name for the next boy.

So we'll probably end up having A and C names. We want 4. Ideally 2 of each gender would be perfect... but we'll take whatever we can get

Maybe your girls could have the K/C names and you and your DH could pick something else for a boy since you would like to have more? Just a thought!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We almost named our 2nd son Noah, but hubby thought it would be too confusing.
April 2nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like longer names, and I always wanted a daughter named Savannah so when we found out #1 was a boy I wanted to name him something that would sound good with Savannah if I ever got a girl and I fell in love with Brennan. I love the way Brennan and Savannah sounds together.

Now that this baby is a girl I wanted to keep with a name that had two N's ("nn") so we are going with Siennah (at the moment anyway, I am still looking at other names too). Siennah is almost a combo of Brennan and Savannah together
April 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no theme really just something neat that went with Brandon
April 2nd, 2010, 09:33 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Well... my first two were adopted and I didn't name them. My oldest actually named himself

My oldest DD is Quinn and my second is Scarlett. So I really want to keep the double constant ending. I like Viviann right now.

I don't feel the need to follow anything with a boy.

April 2nd, 2010, 10:06 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Both my boys are named with "Rhy" in the start of the name. If we have a boy it will be something with Rhy or something very similar. If its a girl it is our last either way so we have already decided on Jessa.

Rhys "Reece"
Rhylee "Riley"
April 3rd, 2010, 05:31 AM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure if this is a boy he'll be Myles (my first is Mason), but only because I like the name. If we have a girl I don't think her name will start with an M.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search