gas pains :( (TMI)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I've been having wicked gas pains all afternoon and evening. They feel like really big bubbles in my abdomen. I even have some pain in my lower back. I'm not constipated though. I took a long hot shower and that helped a little bit, but I still just feel awful.

I was nervous about the pains so I did check Baby Acorn's heart rate and it was in the same normal range. It's starting to sound different though -- sometimes it sounds like what I've become accustomed to and sometimes it sounds louder and more like a "whoosh". I hope that's normal.....

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; April 3rd, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
April 3rd, 2010, 08:06 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
def normal! sorry about the gas pains - ive had them on and off too.
April 3rd, 2010, 08:08 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Definitely normal!!! One of the lovely joys of pregnancy... I had gas pains really bad with my last pregnancy for a while. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I never had gas with my other pregnancies...but hearing that you have it makes me feel better because I've had awful gas with this one.

Yes, my baby's heartbeat sounds different now, too. I know exactly what you mean! It sounded different for about a week now.
April 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The whoosh sound is totally normal. I think you said in another thread you had a burger for lunch-it could be the greasiness of it making you uncomfy. Sometimes thing that we eat while not pregnant can cause some gas while pregnant. Try some Tums, they sometimes have helped an upset tummy for me.
April 3rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Thanks. I think you might be right Kris -- that burger, while tasty, isn't sitting well. And I'm glad to see that other heart beats are starting to sound different too.
April 3rd, 2010, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some milk might help too-sometimes it kinda coats the tummy and eases things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search