Is something wrong with me??!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2010, 08:32 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Hey girls!
I know I haven't been around much lately! I have been SO busy with school! 5 weeks till graduation! YAY!
I have been trying to keep up with the posts as much as I can and I miss you ladies!!

Anyway.... I have encountered my first worries with this pregnancy! And I just need some input...

For the past week or so my appetite has gone WAYYY down. It's really bad. I could go all day and only eat one thing if I weren't reminded to eat by my DH. When DH asks what sounds good for dinner, honestly NOTHING sounds good. I know this can not be good for the baby but I don't know what to do!
I have also had an upset stomach (diarrhea) for the past two days and last night I threw up for the first time this pregnancy. I have also been burping a lot.... weird.
I don't know what is wrong with me. Everything I have read says your appetite should INCREASE in the second tri.
Is anyone else experiencing this or have any advice??

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
April 3rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I wondered where you were!

I haven't been getting sick but I can't eat as much anymore either. This has happened to me all three times. Sure, I can eat anything I want, but I just don't want to. I get full faster.
April 3rd, 2010, 09:14 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you got a bit of a bug.......trust me, your appetite will pick up out of now where and you will be feeling better!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 3rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4lopez View Post
Sounds like you got a bit of a bug.......trust me, your appetite will pick up out of now where and you will be feeling better!
That's what I was thinking.
April 3rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also do not have much of an appetite. I went to the Dr. yesterday, he said my weight gain thus far is perfect, he was very happ, so I am not too worried about it. I would be a little concerned about the other tummy issues though, maybe call your Dr. just to check in??

Hop you feel better soon.

April 4th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Everything is normal for pregnancy. I still have very little appetite and still have to have my DH cook for me. Even though I am not vomiting my M/S is worse the second trimester. My first baby I didn't start vomiting until week 11 through week 19. It was very weird. The M/S can ebb and flow with stress if you are working hard to get that degree finished you might be just a little stressed. Just keep eating and good luck.

April 4th, 2010, 06:29 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Feel better Kelli!
April 4th, 2010, 07:46 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Could it be stress related? I remember professors cramming in as much work as possible during the last few weeks of school... so I definitely understand!! Feel better... and just think... you're ALMOST done!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM
ameriguat
honey, I've living off imodium and pepto so I know what you're going through. I really don't eat too much either sometimes. Hubby usually calls me everyday and makes me eat because I'm not hungry. (and I still vomit) so my 2nd tri has been worse than my 1st.
April 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM
erinelizabeth83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first thought was that it was probably stress related. I know my stomach gets messed up immediately when I get stressed especially when I am pregnant. I'm sure once you get finished with school everything will return to normal. In the mean time I would suggest you talk to your doc about you tummy issues and what is safe to take.

Jenny- Did your talk to your doc about taking pepto? I was told it wasn't safe to take during pregnancy. I dont' know about imodium(it is safe when breastfeeding though) but I would make sure you talk to your doc. If your doc ok'd it then maybe my doc is using older info or just erring on the side of caution.

April 4th, 2010, 08:11 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm glad you're checking in!! i was wondering where you went!!! Def sounds like a bug....m/s or just stress! hope you feel better soon! yey for graduation!!!!
April 4th, 2010, 10:59 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
There you are! Have been wondering about you for a couple of days now - I'd forgotten about finals! Glad to see you.

I agree - sounds like stress issues to me. Could be a bug, so if it goes away write it off as such. If not, try relaxation techniques - warm baths, smells in the house (lavendar is one of my faves), massage from hubby. And, before you ask, no - physical exertion is not usually the same thing as stress. In fact, physical exertion that might follow a massage from hubby might actually help... if you catch my drift. (At least it does for me. Not like that for everyone I guess.)

Last I knew, Pepto and Immodium were both safe during pregnancy. So, if docs are saying no, maybe it's NEW info instead of old? Tums also safe, but if I'm remembering right, Rolaids are advised against. (I have a sister who doesn't care, says Tums doesn't work, and continues to take Rolaids. LOL Tums works fine for me.)

I'm in the stress-bed, too, hun! Hope your tummy feels better soon. Keep taking your prenatals and do try to eat. (If it's a bug it will all go away soon most likely, and it won't be an issue.)

Otherwise... you might just be one of those funny ladies who gets their first and second trimesters backwards. If that ends up being the case, keep up with the prenatals and be very careful to be sure and eat. Let hubby pamper you!

My appetite tends to do odd things to me during pregnancy. I'm hungry, but at each meal I don't eat but maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of what I usually do. I need to try to do that all the time! LOL

I'm jabbering. Good to see you! Feel better soon!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 4th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the input girls!
After reading all of your posts I'm like DUH!!! I have a stomach bug!
I guess since I am pregnant now, I have become delusional and think that anything abnormal with my body is directly related to my pregnancy!! Haha!
I think I will call my doctor tomorrow though and ask him what I should take because I know it can't be good to NOT eat especially since this is the time that the baby needs lots of good nutrition!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

April 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you feel better soon girl and best wishes to you on your last days of school! Nursing school right? Are you going to start working?

April 4th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Yep Nursing school! I hoping to work as much as I can before the baby comes and then maybe weekends or something after the baby comes! I don't know for sure yet though!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

April 4th, 2010, 04:15 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I graduated in Dec! I decided to just wait because it seemed like I wouldn't even get through full orientation before maternity leave started. I am nervous though about getting turned down for jobs because the gap makes my resume look bad. Anyways, I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you Kelli-best to ya!

April 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Good luck these weeks, Kelli!!! I hope you feel better and get this all resolved. It could be a combo of stress and illness and any number of other things.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
Stomach bugs are no good i had the flu the last 2 days.. but i haven't had much of an apetite for a few weeks now i eat a few bites and i'm full and i coudl go all day with out eating. i'm with you NOTHING sounds good when DH asks whats for dinner.. i weighed my self and i'm now down 10 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight so i will be bringing this up to my dr tomorrow i'm worried that i've lost so much weight been so sick the last 2 weeks and hardly want to eat anything t hat something is goign to be wrong with the baby.....

Hopefully your stomach bug passes soon!! it sucks being sick and prego!

April 4th, 2010, 07:04 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Poor girl! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

April 5th, 2010, 07:01 AM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
It sounds like a bug to me for sure, I hope it passes quicky!
As for Pepto, it is a big no no because it contains asprin which should NOT be taken during pregnancy, immodium is fine!

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search