A brilliant pregnancy tip...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Yesterday DH was rubbing my belly (something I enjoy, it's nice when a guy gets you pregnant and gives a crap...this is my first time for that) and his mom came up (OB nurse) and told him to STOP.

Apparently rubbing your belly gives you contractions, sends you into labor, and you will have the baby.

Since I've only been pregnant four times, I not know how these things work.

THIS IS WHY SHE CAN NOT BE IN THE ROOM WHEN I DELIVER.

Everyone has their own opinion...and NO ONE PERSON IS ALWAYS RIGHT! You have to do what you want to do in life and deal with the consequences! Not let everyone else tell you what's right or what's wrong.

Well, DH is about to have diarrhea over this. He's nervous to touch me now.

This morning I also told DH I don't want to breastfeed. I'm just not into it. After years of soul searching I know who I am, and it's a self centered person who isn't real into babies. And that's just who I am. And I'd be happier bottle feeding.

I have two kids who were bottle fed and they are A&B students with a lot of talents and quick wit. So you can't sell me on "breast is best" anymore. I bought into that when I was 24 and almost jumped off a balcony because of it.

(Not bashing breastfeeding...I think it's wonderful...but I also believe whoever pops the baby out gets to call the shots...in life...forever...)

But DH "heard on TV" that breastfeeding was the only way to go and now, apparently, I'm going to nurse.

I was going to try and take some more time off of work to be with the baby...but that clenched it...I'm going back ASAP. My job is all that I have that keeps me "me" instead of "other people's mom".

My depression is getting out of control and I need to go back on my meds. The OB says I can (and because of that, DH is like "GO BACK ON YOUR MEDS!" but THAT bothers me...I'd never forgive myself if something bad happened to the baby because I'm a psychotic mess. (Why it's like that, I don't know...)

I digress. It was a hard night, I've been up with a headache all night and worried about the choices I've made in the last year.

But DO NOT TOUCH YOUR BELLIES! I have been sent here to save you. Your babies will come out.

Now...we'll all be rubbing our bellies at 9 months when we are overdue and you know nothing ain't gonne pop out at that point...if it were that easy no one would cook too long EVER =)
April 5th, 2010, 05:27 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
Hmm....Your MIL is a freaking nut. Seriously, keep her far far away from your belly.

Next time she says something stupid tell her stupidity makes the baby come fast due to stressing the mother out.

Don't worry about breastfeeding. It's not for everyone and it is YOUR decision. People go crazy over it. I breastfeed bec it is my preference but there is no need to be rude to someone else bec they opt not to.

April 5th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Stupidity makes the baby come out...ROTFLMAO =)

Do you know what the best is? SHE SMOKED WITH ALL THREE OF HER PREGNANCIES! SHE IS AN OB NURSE! But I can't rub my own belly?

WhatEVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh, I totally needed that =)
April 5th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Veteran
Wow.. so that's the reason my son was born at 27w3d. ****.. and I thought it was because my cervix was weak. I rubbed my belly!!! Alert the news media. What....a.... NUT JOB!! and I thought my inlaws could be a pain. Geesh!!!
April 5th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Gemum
LMAO This sounds like my OH, if I tell him something, i'm talking rubbish. If ANYONE else tells him, he freaks out and it is apparently written in stone as a rule.

SHUTUP.
April 5th, 2010, 06:22 AM
pbcups10's Avatar Super Mommy
wow according to your MIL I should've had this baby 50 times by now... I rub my belly every night and did so with DS... my hubby likes it too. Never felt any contractions. But that concerns me since she is an OB nurse??? I never heard of that.

Anyways you're saying your depression is getting "out of control" so maybe meds is a good idea... not becase DH says so but b/c you want to feel better. I know plenty of women on here and friends who have taken depression/anxiety meds with no harm to baby. Baby and you will both feel a lot better if you were relaxed and happier is one way to look at it. I hope you feel better and even though it's hard I learned how to tune out my DH and MIL when needed.

April 5th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I now put a pillow under my shirt so I'm just rubbing pillow. Don't want to get things started too early.

Glad I could make you giggle. Don't let stupidity get you down. People are sick. I actually got into it in a parking lot the other day bec this nasty looking female had a cigarette hanging out of her mouth while talking to her newborn. Blowing smoke all in the kids face. Drives me bonkers.

April 5th, 2010, 06:37 AM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
Omg she is a nut job and a 1/2 what is wrong with her? And tell your dh that when he gives birth to a watermelon though a straw then he can decide on how baby is fed lmao! Bottle or breast baby will be happy and loved AND smart!! Just like his/her mama! I also agree that is your dr approves your meds you should absolutely go back on them, for your sake- my dr prescribed me zoloft for my anxiety so I know that if things get bad I have something to take.

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!
April 5th, 2010, 06:47 AM
ameriguat
OMG Angela, you have your hands full with that family!!!!!

As far as smoking I DETEST it!!! (And I'm an ex smoker!!!! that never smoked in the car with kids or in my house) Kids and babies don't have the choice to smoke so why give them cancer??? What pisses me off more than anything is when I'm going down the road and see a window cracked with a baby in the back. I get sooo mad!!!
April 5th, 2010, 06:50 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
I agree with all PP that if you feel you need to go back on meds (and I know this isn't really what this post was about....but...) then go. I know PLENTY of people who are on anti depressants right now and are pregnant or have had very healthy babies. The stress and anxiety that is being placed on you by DH's family is not healthy for you and your baby. Those meds are fine for you and baby and will help with that stress and anxiety that DH and family is causing. There is no reason to suffer if you don't have to.

I'm just saying....We LOVE you and want to see you happy and healthy for the entire 9 months.

and seriously...if I had to deal with that woman...i'd be on a double dose...daily.

April 5th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Oh this MIl is A MILLION TIMES BETTER than my ex MIL.

Maybe this week I'll post my favorite ex MIl story in the secret garden. She makes THIS mil look brilliant.

I'm sure my MIL is good at what she does but she is my MIL , NOT MY OB. I hate my OB's personality but I TRUST HIM AND ONLY HIM!!!
April 5th, 2010, 07:20 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Sounds like you've got yourself a challenge, Angela! Just stick to your guns and tell your DH he's nuts not to rub your tummy. Continue to reinforce that she will NOT be in the delivery room with you (um... why even call her til baby is here?) You'll be running into her for the life of this child, so just stand your ground because it does not sound like your DH can.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 5th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I say next time you see her, keep your hand on your stomach rubbing the ENTIRE time. Then rub it while staring at her.

I know, I'm horrible and apparently am trying to stir the stink up.

Seriously, I feel for you. I thought I wasn't going to have In Law issues since my other half's mother passed away when he was 11. Well his aunt and uncle are driving me NUTS!!! They think I hate them because I don't call them 6 times a day. Seriously though, I'm nearly 30 years old is it surprising that I don't need them to do everything for me? Drives me insane.

April 5th, 2010, 08:08 AM
erinelizabeth83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like your MIL is just looney! If belly rubbing caused preterm labor I don't think anyone would carry their babies to term. I mean seriously, what pregnant women doesn't rub her belly. I know I do it constantly. As far as the breastfeeding thing is concerned I would tell DH that if he would like the baby breastfed then he better start learning how to lactate! Because since you're the one that actually has to do the breastfeeding it is 100% your choice.

April 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Oh Angela I cannot wait for your birth story... " They came in to do the epidural and my MIL barged into the room screaming at the top of her voice... STOP I am a OB nurse and you cannot give her an Epidural or she will be parlized... FOR LIFE!" Then the worst was when I was crowning security was dragging her out of the room as she was hollering EPISIOTOMY you must cut this woman or my grandchild will be brain damaged. I looked around for DH as they handed me my beautiful healthy baby and he was gone. it wasn't until later I realized that he was signing my MIL into the pyscho ward..."

April 5th, 2010, 09:34 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
^OMG LMFAO!!!!

Wow, seriously your MIL is NUTS! I HATE when people KNOW IT ALL! My FIL is the SAME way apparently since they had twins, he knows all about pregnancy and he is the expert on MY bladder...you know since his WIFE carried the twins and all..rolls eyes! Anyway, I understand!
April 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I love that story =)

To be honest I bet when I ask her not to be there she obliges. I know DH wants her there but begin an OB nurse SHE KNOWS it's the moms choice.

My ex MIL didn't give a crap (man I'm going to go shower and write that story LOL) but this MIL has told Dh before how it goes.

And he won't screw with her.

I just hope she is on my side with this one.
April 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Sorry your going through a hard time. Your Dh will come around and understand.
Well this is my 5th baby and I have always rubbed my belly.. so I think I'm okay! LOL
April 5th, 2010, 10:33 AM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She sounds like a serious piece of work...who really needs to learn to keep her mouth shut, and her nose out of everyone's business. My goodness!

I know lots of women, and lots of healthy babies, that were on antidepressants during their pregnancies. It sounds like you're really starting to suffer...and maybe a little tiny dose will help take the edge off? My psychiatrist kept mentioning to me that I could be on zoloft while pregnant - she is very knowledgeable and really knows her information, and is also SUPER cautious AND a mother (which makes me feel more confident that she'd understand pregnant moms wanting to do best for their babies, of course) and I really trust her judgment...if I felt I needed to be back on it, I would ask for it. (And there have been moments in the last few weeks where the thought is crossing my mind, I have promised myself that if it feels like I'm wanting them more days than not, then I will talk to my doc about it.)

Take care...hang in there.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
April 5th, 2010, 10:54 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Well, crap!! Where was your MIL when I needed her? Four days overdue and trying everything to get my son out of me. Now I know the secret. God forbid a stranger touches my belly in public, I am going to yell "STOP! My baby is falling out!". HEE HEE HEE....
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search