I need girl name help. Please...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Apparently if I name her Jessica Annabella-Rose, she will get her *** kicked on every playground in the USA.

Even though I'm a teacher and I have kids with some crazy names and NOT ONE OF THEM have EVER been hurt due to something so trivial.

A funny thing happened. 1980 ended and 2010 is here and with it came tolerance of others who are different.

But I know nothing about children, so I do not get to name the baby. I need some help. Maybe someone can come up with something that I like, DH likes, and our families like.

As it is, everyone in the family rags on my daughter, Sierra Angelynne, because she has a crappy name. (*I* think it's beautiful...)

Her name will be Jessica. But then we have a problem. I need a middle name.

Rules...DH says no two middle names. I think that's the only rule.

I will say nothing else in case someone has a good name and we hear it and like it.

At this point I just think of her as "Bob".

Ideas?
April 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
Why would she get picked on for that name? I think it's pretty. What about just Jessica Annabella? or Jessica Rose?
April 5th, 2010, 07:09 AM
ameriguat
LOL "bob"

Just name her whatever YOU want! I love the name Sierra. I know a girl named Sierra. I'm picky in the sense that names remind of people, so I would never name my kid, Jessica, Serina, Sabrina, Janice, Sarah, Heather, Londy, and the list goes on and on....LOL
April 5th, 2010, 07:14 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
I think you need to have a conversation with DH about making other people happy. The ONLY two people that need to agree on this name are the two of you.

I would say Jessica Anabelle or Jessica Rose.

April 5th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Veteran
What's wrong with Jessica? If we have a daugther her name is going to be Sophia Renee... (boy it's Henri Alexander).

What about..

1. Jessica Riley
2. Jessica Reagan
3. Jessica Kaitlyn
4. Jessica Abaigal
5. Jessica Ann
6. Jessica Elizabeth
7. Jessica Isabella
8. Jessica Rose
April 5th, 2010, 07:35 AM
We talked about Jessica Rose...that is what DH wants. Rose is my middle name but it's also my grandma's middle name and she is a nutcase.

I like Jessica Annabella but he hates Annabella, him and his family and my family has decided it sounds like a cow's name and people will moo at her.

If she takes after us she'll just be fat anyway, people will moo at her even if we name her Kate Moss.

I think Annabella is pretty. I also like Anastasia and Anneliese but I was shot down on those, too.

He likes 80s names with one syllable. Bob. Sue. Jon. If it's overdone...LET'S USE IT.

Keep them coming though! I'm Italian, I was thinking maybe an Italian middle name? He can't shoot down my heritage.

That's how I got Angelynne for Sissy's middle name. My ex hated it but I told him it was part of my name and he couldn't say no.

I was thinking Jessica Nicole...Nicole is my standard little bit longer 80s name that everyone uses but it's better than Jean or Sue or something that screams "Hi I'm a total grandma from 1984, now where is my hoveround and blue eyeshadow?" Nicole was supposed to be Sierra's middle name until I found Angelynne.

This poor little girl gets to be Sue Bob and my OTHER daughter (the better one???) gets a cool name.

Sue Bob is not going to like that. I'm a girl...I know these things.
April 5th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Give her the ultimate generic 80's name. Jennifer Lynn. (I forget my mom made me different my middle name is Lynne.)

LOL they would hate what I am naming my daughter (assuming this is a girl) Arabella Amelie.

April 5th, 2010, 07:52 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
Your DH sounds like mine! He loves to throw out those Jennifers, Nicoles, Michelles, etc. lol I'm like "STOP naming people you went to high school with!"

Do what I do and tell your DH to shut up.
April 5th, 2010, 07:58 AM
molly_jean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say name her whatever the hell you want. DH can get over it. It's not like people go around calling you by your first and middle names all the time anyways. And even if they did, who cares. You're an adult of sound mind, I think you're perfectly capable of naming your own child. And like I said, DH can just deal with it.
April 5th, 2010, 07:58 AM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
Jessica Gabrielle?
Jessica Ava?
Jessica Lyn?
Jessica Rain?
Jessica Marie?
Jessica Sue?
Jessica something or other? JK

as you can tell i'm not to good with middle names but i do like the name "Ava", like some of the ladies said, those middle names are very pretty either one would definately work i like Annabelle
April 5th, 2010, 08:04 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
My DD's middle name is Nicol, just like mine I think it's beautiful

I have NO idea! I like Jessica Rose, but you don't want to name her after a crazy grandma

Jessica...

Lee
Lynn
Dawn
Christine

I like the one syllable names with the three syllable first name, but that's just me I just thought of Christine and threw it in there... It was overdone

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 5th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Jennifer Lynn was DH's top choice. Also Rachael. He hearts Jennifer Anniston. Jennifer is a great name. For a 30 year old. (As is Jessica LOL)

He also likes Crystal Barbara (I just threw up in my mouth a little).

I like poophead, germface, and dork.

I like Gabriella! I like anything with Anna or Ella or Lynne. But it takes a lot of syllables to get those out and apparently that's when the butt kicking starts.

If I told DH to shut up he'd leave me to take care of this baby alone...and that's my biggest fear ever. He is very sensitive. Yesterday he was kissing me in the kitchen while I was trying to cook Easter dinner and I told him "Can you come back in like 5 minutes and do that" and he got totally offended and went to play Madden, claiming that I no longer love him. I WANTED to say "GO AWAY I AM COOKING!!!" But I asked nicely...

I need a vacation.
April 5th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Tell him you have to put up with his mother, you will name this kid what ever you want.

April 5th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I love Gabriella too!!!

There's lots of potential in those names.

I thought of Crystal as a mn but it didn't ring well...

April 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
This would be so funny if I didn't think it was true!

First I love Sierra's name. Second I think Jessica is a beautiful name even if it has been used a lot. but not so much right now. I like Nicole as middle name. (I might be biased)

I personally think Annabelle-Rose is a lot of name. However not so much that I don't think you should use it. Name her whatever makes you happy!

This whole thing made me think of my cousin. Her mom was not involved with her name and my uncle Robert named the baby Bobbie Sue after himself. My idea is fill out the birth certificate when DH isn't around.
April 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
ameriguat
I'm a Jennifer and I HATE it! When I was in school there were 5 of us. So, when I moved to SC, I got to change my name for a year (no one knew me) and I was called by my middle name Laurene (La - Reeeeen) I like that a LOT better than Jennifer.

I will stay away from the top 50/100 names when I name our kid
April 5th, 2010, 10:16 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
As always, you make me laugh with your writing, it's too cute!

And I like the name you chose, and his choices...well, he reminds me of my husband, lol!

Good luck, do you know it's a girl for sure?
April 5th, 2010, 10:57 AM
We don't know what it is...it's probably a boy, since I hate men right now and need more testosterone around here. I think it's a girl but DH won't hear of it so I do hope for a boy so it has a dad. My daughter's dad hates girls and I feel bad for her, she's treated like a second class citizen. I don't think DH would do that but he walks around telling people it's a boy and stuff.

Sure, Jessica Annabella Rose is long...but I love long names and I always thought my name was boring. Angela Rose. I wanted something long and flowing. I named my daughter Sierra Angelynne, that was perfect. And one day she might say "OMG mom, you gave me like 50 names" but she will never say "The kids on the playground beat me up because my name is Jessica Annabella Rose and they said I was a COW!!!" Kids are SO much more accepting than we were back then.

Changing your name for a year is COOL! Did they ever find out you were Jennifer?

DH doesn't know what it's like to be a girl. You can't play princesses and be "Princess Bob" along with your friends in first grade, Princess Annabella and Princess Madison and Princess Alexia. They'll make her be the bulldog. Also DH says no pink and purple. SO what, we'll buy her a brown set of overalls with dinosaurs on them? If she is a girl SHE IS A GIRL and we can't make her into a boy.

Girl power, she will not be less of a person because she doesn't have a penis.

I came up with so many names today that I like...DH won't like them...but here goes...all Italian names, like I said I wanted

Jessica Alessandra
Jessica Gabriella (already suggested)
Jessica Annalisa
Jessica Christianne/Christianna
Jessica Daniella/maybe even Danielle isn't bad
Jessica Rosabella (ugly but it's GOT rose in there AND bella and I love bella)
Jessica Adrianna

I might just call DHs friends and ask what to name her, whatever they say he will do.

The family already said Jessica Lynn because his dad's middle name is Lynn...but if we name it after someone we name it Rose, after me (and my crazy grandma...also story coming in the Secret Garden)

Oh I also like Lillianna...my other crazy gramma is Lillian...but my mom can't stand her and I really couldn't either and if I put Lilli anything in there she will say "LIKE MY MOM, EWWWWW!!!"
April 5th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I love those Italian choices! They are beautiful. Make someone up... like a great grandmother or someone, who you could be naming this kid after. No Lynn.

I LOVE your first three names.

I agree, name her on the birth certificate when DH is out of the room...

April 5th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Shawnda's Avatar Mommy of four
I'm sorry as I am really no help. My DH and I are at odds for a girls name as well (just found out today it is a girl). He has shot down everything I like so far
Hope you both can come up with an agreement and as far as family is concerned....I never pay attention to what they would like hee-hee.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search