Gender determining ultrasounds...how and when???

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I need to know what this baby is. Now.

I'm 15w 2d and the baby measures 16w 3d. COME ON THEY SHOULD KNOW!!!

No place around here does it until you are 18 weeks!

Is it just Michigan that's messed up? Or did you guys know this and go in anyway to have them tell you the sex?

Should I call? I need to know today. Can't wait another minute. Bob needs a real name.
April 5th, 2010, 07:01 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
The place I went to starts at 15 weeks, and the one I went to with DD started at 16 weeks. They should be able to tell gender accurately by 15 weeks.

Is there another city close by that will do one for you sooner? My cousin drove an hour away for hers!
April 5th, 2010, 07:02 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here the website says 16 weeks but I called and asked how early they can do them and they said 15 weeks.

I would call the place and ask

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 5th, 2010, 07:14 AM
ameriguat
The place I'm going to Wednesday (YEAH!!!!!!!WOOHOO!!!) starts them at 15 weeks except on Wednesday I'll be exactly 16 weeks. I can't wait. I'm going crazy!!! But then again, I am going to elective ultrasound. I can't wait another 2 weeks.
April 5th, 2010, 07:16 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
All the places here have websites that say 17 weeks. I am going to call around today and see if I can find something sooner. I have an ultrasound on the 27th I just do not know if I want to wait that long.

April 5th, 2010, 07:33 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, the place I went to does them at 16 weeks. I was 16w 5d when I went in and they had no problem seeing that she was a she.

April 5th, 2010, 08:26 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I know with most doc u/s, they want from 18 weeks on because they also look at all the organs and spine and whatnot... but for the elective ones, I think they mostly go for 16+ weeks...

If you are going to pay for it yourself, you should be able to get in soon

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 5th, 2010, 08:45 AM
NO ONE WILL EVEN TALK TO ME UNTIL I'M 18 weeks.

This is why Michigan's economy sucks my butt. People with money willing to pay and the behind the desk peeps like to play David Spade and Roseanne in that old SNL sketch "Riiiiiight...and you are..." where behind the desk is like wearing the God crown and you get to call the shots.

So Bob stays Bob.
April 5th, 2010, 08:47 AM
** Mandy **
My doctor isn't doing it until my 22 week appointment. I think it may be something about only being covered under insurance for two regular ultrasounds so they do one in the beginning and wait to do the other on until much later.

We didn't want to wait that long so we scheduled it at a specialty ultrasound place for two weeks from Saturday when I am just entering my 17th week. That place said they could do it from 16 weeks on. It's hard to wait I know!

April 5th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of the places around here will do it around 15 weeks.
April 5th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to the doctor at 15 weeks, but she didn't even try to look. She just looked at the heart beat, and measured the baby. My insurance only covers one ultra-sound, so I was just happy that I had a chance too see the baby (she said she wouldn't charge for it.) Then my next apointment did not get scheduled for 7 weeks later, so I will be 22 weeks when I HOPEFULLY find out the sex! I might call and try to get in sooner. I have been a little worried because I felt the baby move last week, but I have not felt it at all this week. I know it's a little early, but it is just a nagging worry I have that something might be wrong.
April 5th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
With my first i got the Gender U/S at 28 weeks so I am not complaining about having to wait until 20 weeks! Last time I had it at 17 weeks... Which would be this week... not complaining not complaining not complaining
April 5th, 2010, 10:20 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Both places I went BOTH said 18 weeks but they looked at 15 weeks and I found out at 16 weeks. That is just the standard but its not written in stone. I would def. call, maybe even fib a little and say you are 16 weeks 3 Days, i mean there not your dr and either they will be able to tell you or they wont. Depends on baby, if he/she wants to give a clear shot
April 5th, 2010, 10:21 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I sent you a link on facebook. I hope you can find somewhere!
April 5th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I did say I was 16 w 3 d =)

They have places around here that do NOT do diagnostic...JUST look at the gender. And they won't even talk to me.

It was like when you were 5 and you played "store" with your neighbors but you wouldn't let the kids you didn't like shop there. Then you got bored because there weren't enough playmates for a good "store".
April 5th, 2010, 10:51 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Well here they won't confirm until 20 weeks I want to know NOW too. We have nothing for baby and I don't want to shop until we know what baby is. I have an u/s next Monday, they won't tell me at 16 weeks, then I'll have one at 20 weeks, if they can't tell I will have to drive 5 hours, and pay $150 for a 3D u/s.
April 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
How far are you from Chicago? I ran into a lot of the same problems as you but did find a place in Chicago who will do a gender peek at 16 weeks for $59 with a FREE return visit if they can't find out the sex at the first appt. I'm going this Saturday. I live about a hour from there and we're just gonna make a full day of the trip

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

April 5th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Kenya's Avatar Expecting #2
I know this is wrong, but if you really want to find out, tell them you're 18 weeks. The ultrasound tech didn't look her over. She was just looking for spread legs. The one here wouldn't do them until 18 weeks and I wanted it done for DH's birthday (exactly 17 weeks) so I just fibbed a bit. It meant a lot to us to have it done for his birthday since he wouldn't be around for the 20 week ultrasound.
@ 2:55pm

6lbs - 10.7oz, 20 1/4 in long

Team Blue for Baby 2! Due in April

April 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I feel your pain! No place in this entire gosh forsaken state will do an elective ultrasound until you're 26-36 weeks How far are you from being able to drive to another state? (I'm so desperate that if this were possible I'd do it )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search