pregnancy brain stories...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies.. let's share our pregnancy brain stories here..

I did not believe in pregnancy brain until it started happening to me. I usually have an extremely good memory and don't forget and mix things up.
- Last weekend I told my friends to meet me in one place and I, myself, went to a completely different place.. waited for 30 mins and could not figure out why my friends were so late.

How about you?

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
April 5th, 2010, 04:58 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
a few weeks ago i went to church (which is 45 min away) and when i got out of the car i realized that i had forgotten shoes...and that hasnt been the last time i have done that.

I put a gallon of milk away then was unable to find it. 3 days later however i did...in a cabinet
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
April 5th, 2010, 04:59 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
Ah, beloved pregnancy brain. It gets the best of us.

April 5th, 2010, 05:43 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
A couple of months ago - I made coffee... but forgot to put water in the coffee maker. Broken pot means new coffee maker for meeeeee! LOL

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 5th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My main thing is I burn my bacon in the morning. I have only burned bacon while PG. Oh and leave the garage door open....and not being able to find my cell phone and call it only to find it in my pocket. Yup.....gotta love pregnancy brain. It the wee ones sucking out all our brain cells.

April 5th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My worst was when pregnant with my first son. I left for work around 545 am and a mile down the road realized I left my purse at home. I went back to get it, pulled in the driveway, opened the garage door, got out, ran into the house, grabbed it, as I was coming back into the garage I heard a horrible crunching noise-I had left the truck in DRIVE and because the driveway is slightly inclined I didn't realize it-but it inched its way up and hit the back end of hubby's old car-the first car he had as a teenager and a car that we spent numerous hours restoring, including having the bumpers acid washed and rechromed and we joke that he will be buried in it.....thankfully the car was fine, but the grill on the truck got cracked. I started bawling thinking hubby was going to be so mad, but he had heard the noise and jumped out of bed and ran outside in his boxers to see what happened. He kept telling me over and over the car was fine, but I kept crying.
April 5th, 2010, 07:50 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
this is pregnancy #2, it seems i've got the serious case of the prego brain. DH (yesterday night) tells me he's going to walk to the dog(we live in apartments). I told him ok about 15 mins later i asked where he was going? if he was going to the store to get me some juice. DH tells me honey what did i tell you earlier? i said idk words. DH says yes but what kind i told him IDK then he says i'm going to walk to dog then i said oh yeahhhhh LOL there's a few more but its the only one i can remember right now lol
April 5th, 2010, 08:03 PM
K_photo_mom's Avatar Krista
This morning I cooked oatmeal for about 5 minutes before I realized that I hadn't turned the stove one...I was wondering what was taking so long.
On Saturday I did a load of laundry but forgot to put soap in.
April 5th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Super Mummy
I'm seeing a doctor in a town about and hour and a half away.

Anyway, my mum, ds and I were going there for a routine check up. I called when we were 3/4 of the way there to confirm my appointment time, and it wasn't even that day - it was the next Monday - WHOOPS!!

Nice day out with my mum =)
April 6th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Veteran
Everyone gets a kick out of my preggo brain! I have had sooo many things happen.

I forget to turn the clothes on in washer/dryer.

Talking on my cell WHILE i'm trying to figure out where I put it....

Theres more but I just can't remember!
April 6th, 2010, 07:27 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
LOL! I have done the tearing the house apart to try to find my cell phone only to realize that I am talking on it!

Yesterday when I got home from work, I filled the ice tray and put it in the freezer. 10 minutes later I got a glass of water, took the ice cube tray out and started cussing out the freezer thinking it went out because the ice cubes weren't frozen. Then I remember I had just put them in there!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 07:31 AM
ameriguat
I have had so many things happen! And I am a person that can remember numbers that I learned years ago!

At work, I have to send letters to Israel to exit the airport and I have to put in the dates, (well, 2 times I have done this in the past 16 weeks.) I put the dates as March 14-17 and I'm in April. I NEVER do stuff like this. the bad thing is, is that I look at the document and KNOW it doesn't look right but can't figure out why!

I CONSTANTLY lose my phone.

I can't find my watch when its in front of my face on the dresser (EVERY TIME)

I'm just glad I can take a shower and be at work on time! LOL

It's very frustrating because I was never like this before.
April 6th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Larudy24's Avatar Veteran
just this morning, i climbed into the shower and it didn't quite feel right. i had my socks on.
Yesterday morning i put juice in my coffee and creamer in my cereal. again.
and last night i frantically looked for the remote while holding it.

Oh and last week i found my cell in the freezer, and an otter pop in my purse i feel stupid.

Thank you Ameriguat for my beautiful Siggy!

April 6th, 2010, 12:05 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I am now habitually burning noodles. It's a curse.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 6th, 2010, 12:17 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Friday I got Savannah ready, drove an hour in rush hour traffic trying to get to her appointment on time, to be told when I got there that her appointment wasnt until Monday!
April 6th, 2010, 12:29 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
I am constantly losing things at work, to the point where I think someone else is doing it just to bother me.

I am working on writting descriptions for products to be shipped online and I never ever remember which ones I have completed and which I haven't.

I have deleted documents because I forgot change their save name and wrote over something else.

Gave my cat a bath --- used the baby shampoo instead of the cat shampoo.

I could be at this alllllll day...

April 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I asked my friend, whose American beauty blonde haired blue eyed sister just adopted a little girl from Korea, if they were eventually going to TELL the baby she was adopted...

Then, my friends were talking about doing 4H. My friend raises chickens and pigs on her farm. Another friend asked if they were going to "Wahl Center" and I thought it was "Whale Center" and wondered when 4H started breeding whales to show at the summer fair.

I heart pregnancy.
April 6th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are all cracking me up. My preggo brain got to work today....I am not very happy about it as it is not making me look very professional. I should start keeping a note pad of things I say I would do and things I actually do. This is only getting worse... help!!!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
April 6th, 2010, 08:09 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Less preggo brain, and more just sheer pregnancy induced clumsiness. I break everything I touch. And yesterday I bit it up these two stair at work. Total face plant. I got laughed at a lot

April 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
I am now habitually burning noodles. It's a curse.
I burned them THREE TIMES tonight. Yes three times. I finally gave up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search