Spring Cleaning Anyone?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Angel_Maker
I always try to take advantage of my week off from work to do some Spring Cleaning....this is especially important this year because by this next year I will have 2 kiddos So I'm trying to do a thorough cleaning NOW, and then again during the summer because I'm sure I'll be super busy once our Sweet Pea arrives

Anyone else Spring Cleaning? What's on your "To Do" list?

Today I just want to focus on cleaning the kitchen and my bathrooms. I would also like to work in the babies' room, but I'll probably be too exhausted
April 6th, 2010, 07:44 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I have to clean every day. DD's room is a MESS. It looks like a tiny toddler tornado hit (oh, wait, one did! ) and the upstairs loft area needs some cleaning. Sigh.

I don't have time for all this! EEEK! But I do have it on my list so every day I do a little something, so by the time I have my workshop on the 16th, all the cleaning will be done, and then I can focus on organizing DD's stuff, getting furniture in her room (if we can FIND it!) and getting her room ready!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 6th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Angel_Maker
Gwynne! I can't wait to see her "Big Girl" room!!!!
April 6th, 2010, 08:11 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I did some pretty heavy cleaning a little over a week ago, but then after my doc appt when she told me to take it easy until I can get my cervical measurement to find out what's going on, I haven't done as much as I want to. I have basically just been picking up here and there, but my floors and stuff haven't gotten done I love when it gets warm to open the windows in the house and do some heavy duty cleaning though! Makes me feel so much better!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 09:25 AM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was meant to start yesterday, but haven't done anything yet, lol. I need some motivation!
April 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes! I'm trying to really clean the heck out of my place and trying to throw a bunch of stuff out. I already have two bags of clothes for Goodwill and a couple of garbage bags full of papers and junk. Yay!
April 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Past weekend I deep cleaned the fridge, bathrooms and some of my windows. Do you girls think too much cleaning can have some bad effect on the baby/pregnancy?

April 6th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Angel_Maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen123 View Post
Past weekend I deep cleaned the fridge, bathrooms and some of my windows. Do you girls think too much cleaning can have some bad effect on the baby/pregnancy?

I'm trying not to use any chemicals...and when I do...I'm going "Green" I've also been trying to keep all my windows open and stuff to make sure it's well ventilated...
April 6th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What about the physical work ?

April 6th, 2010, 09:47 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
The physical aspect of it is fine as long as you haven't been put on any restrictions. I'm allowed to scrub for 15 minute intervals. LOL I actually busted my butt last week and had everything sparkling. This week... meh... I'm lazy again. I just want to go to sleep.

April 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Im not doing any deep cleaning yet. We move in less then 2 months so Ill need to do most of it then. Unfortunetly DD Puked all over the rug and a little in the Kitchen and I CAN NOT get rid of the smell! So thats my project for a while!! I am trying to get rid of a lot of stuff so we have less to move though..
April 6th, 2010, 01:33 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
My apartment is a mess. I need to clean my kitchen. And vacuum. And organize my bedroom. And figure out where I'm moving to in August,

April 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I feel like I clean all the time. I have a messy 14 month old, 2 hairy Goldens that are shedding like crazy (and ticks are really bad here so I'm constantly checking them for those nasty suckers) and a slob of a DH. He can't even figure out how to put his dirty clothes in the laundry hamper . I did go out of my way to wash all of our windows on Friday since it was BEAUTIFUL out and I wanted to open every window and let fresh air in. Bathrooms get cleaned once a week. I did the deep cleaning on this house when we moved in 2 months ago so I'll probably do another deep cleaning (or get my SIL to do it) over the summer.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 02:38 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Does putting everything you own into boxes count as spring cleaning? LOL

I can't wait to find our house and start getting ideas on decorating and organizing. I'm just putting stuff in boxes now, and plan to clean as I unpack. The stuff we use regularly - clothes and dishes, mainly - will be clean of course, but stuff that needs to be cleaned because it hardly gets used or whatever will be sorted and cleaned as it comes out of the box and before it finds itself a new home.

I can't wait until I can have more specific ideas of what to do! I'm a visual person and need to see the house before I can have an idea of what I want to do with things and where I want to put them. LOL

And I'm glad I don't have to clean this house before the baby gets here!! UGH!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 6th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm working on my pantry. With not feeling good during the first trimester DH and the kids made a mess of it. Also going through the bathrooms is on my list also.

As for as cleaning affecting PG I just open my windows and limit what cleaning products I use. I do more declutter and organization and DH and the kids come behind me and clean. Also just be care with the fast movement. I went to look on a bottom shelf and leaned over and then stood up too fast. WoW!

April 6th, 2010, 06:11 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Does pulling your kitchen apart and then putting it back together count? I vaccuumed and dusted the main floor and did all of me and Jacob's laundry, too. That's about it! I'm not even thinking about a nursery until this summer. I just don't even want to tackle that until I'm done with my school year.
April 6th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I clean weekly, vacuum the living room a few times a week, and sweep the kitchen and clean up daily. I try to do a load of laundry each day too so it doesn't back up. But in spring I tackle closets and such that seem to slowly get messed up throughout the year. I took care of my son's closet yesterday and it is now ready for my little guy's stuff to move there once we can get him out of the crib. I also try to get hubby to clear more junk out of the basement each spring.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search