Who knows how to crochet?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2010, 02:31 PM
Kenya's Avatar Expecting #2
I'm going to try getting a bit crafty.. lol I know how to do a chain and I found a how to video on single and double stitches, so I'm going to test it out and make a baby blanket.. I got the biggest, softest ball of yarn I could... Maybe if I can master the general concept of making a blanket, I'll add more colors and fancier stitches.
@ 2:55pm

6lbs - 10.7oz, 20 1/4 in long

Team Blue for Baby 2! Due in April

April 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Yay!!! I'm hooked on crocheting! I have several different projects going on right now... but I made my SIL teach me when I was pregnant with my daughter because I really wanted to be able to crochet her some baby blankets!! Best thing I ever did

If you need any help or have any questions, PM me!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
April 21st, 2010, 04:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know how to crochet, but I know how to knit.
April 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I can crochet however I taught my DH and he made a blanket for Scarlett. However he had issues with the ends lo it ended up looking all messed up so he added a patch. Here is a LO of the blanket before and after it was fixed.

He made a yellow one for the new baby and is working on another one for Scalrett and one for our older daughter.
April 22nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
yes, and know how to knit and loom knit. i'm a rookie at those i attempted to scrapbooking when i was pregnant with Ryder but i didn't finish.
April 22nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I don't, but would love to learn.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 24th, 2010, 09:12 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy I just bought the prettiest turquoise and yellow baby blanket yarn to start one. So far all I've ever done are afghans and one scarf so we shall see how well this comes out for me, lol

April 25th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I crochet and I only know the simple stitch but I am making a blanket for Jessica. I also made one for each of my other kids and one for DH. I love doing it! I wish I could learn different stitches!
April 25th, 2010, 10:12 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just taught myself the single stitch from youtube the other day, i couldn't figure out what to do next though
Any good teaching resources would be great if anyone has any! I love that there are others thinking the same..

NICOLE! Your husband rocks!

May 4th, 2010, 04:04 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
I crochet, knit, sew, quilt, paint, almost everything.

May 4th, 2010, 09:12 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardisbaby View Post
I just taught myself the single stitch from youtube the other day, i couldn't figure out what to do next though
Any good teaching resources would be great if anyone has any! I love that there are others thinking the same..

NICOLE! Your husband rocks!
Can you do a chain? You say you know the single stitch?

Let me try to explain the next step (I'm assuming that you can chain but don't know how to start the next row?)

1. Make your chain. However long you'd like the blanket to be. When it's at the length you want....

2. You always start rows from the right (assuming you're right handed) so do a single stitch in each loop of your chain... when you complete a row, you flip the blanket over and start the new row on the row you just completed. The trick, however... is to chain one stitch at the end of your row. A lot of newbies forget that or make the mistake of either adding to the row... or missing a stitch at the ends (thus the trapezoid effect) so make sure you do a single stitch in each stitch and chain 1 (don't do the single stitch in the chain 1 on the next row though). This will ensure your blanket stays straight on the ends.

Any questions (or if that was too confusing)... PM me!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
May 4th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Kenya's Avatar Expecting #2
Here are vids of different crochet stitches. This is where I learned to do single and doubles.

Free Crochet Video Tutorial Introduction : Learn to Crochet Video Series by NexStitch™
@ 2:55pm

6lbs - 10.7oz, 20 1/4 in long

Team Blue for Baby 2! Due in April

May 6th, 2010, 05:21 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sarah, yes I meant chain! I just don't have the terminology down. I'm going to get my stuff back out and try your instructions and Kenya's videos-wish me luck!

May 6th, 2010, 07:00 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes and I love love it! i wish i had the time to make a blanket right now. i did just make another hat though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search