How did it come about?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We were looking for a good Irish/Celtic name to celebrate hubby's Irish roots, but wanted something a bit more common to the States. Hubby found Kelen on some website. It was between Kelen, Troy, or Zane. Troy made me think of Aikmen, Zane made me think of Gray or Billy, but Kelen is kind of similar to one of hubby's online aliases. So it stuck.

Ian came from a set of stories that I've been following for awhile. I really liked the character, and by extension, the name. Hubby didn't want to use it for a first name, but loved it for a middle name.

April 26th, 2010, 09:30 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Harrison James Lee

Harrison- Kevin's great grandfathers name , hisfavorite uncle's middle name (plus the last name of one of my fav Steelers James Harrison) and my grandfathers name was Harry

James- my father's name, both his grandpap's name... his name was just going to be Harrison Lee... but I felt obliged to add James in right before we signed his hospital papers

Lee- Kevin, Braylon and I all have the middle name Lee... plus it is Kevin's dad's middle name and a family middle name on my side. Like I said previously his name was just going to be Harrison Lee, but I just didn't feel right after seeing him, I just needed the James in there too : )

Braylon Lee

Braylon- is after Braylon Edwards who played for Clevland Browns at that time and now for the New York Jets. I just liked the name and thought it was different but not totally out there : )

Lee- is my middle name and a family name... if we have any more kids Lee will be in there somewhere
April 26th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cada
Well James was a name I always loved, plus it is also the name of my favorite nasacar driver Jimmie Johnson lol.... and Daniel that is my hubbys 1st name so there ya go not too original...

I was named after Cindy Lauper! What was my mom thinking!!! That lady is nuts!
April 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH had Major's name chosen before there was ever even talk of having a baby. There was a University of Texas football player named Major Applewhite and ever since DH heard the name he loved it. I fought him on it since the moment he brought it up. In an effort to convince me, DH emailed Major Applewhite (now a coach at UT) and asked him about his name and if he was made fun of growing up and he replied and said No. So that kinda helped to convince me. I now love our little guys name and couldn't imagine him being named anything else. The problem now is the pressure to come up with an equally cool name if we have another son.

Major
April 26th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Marissa Jordan.
I had a dream when I was 12 weeks pregnant that I was pushing a stroller and an elderly couple stopped me to ask what the baby's name was. I looked into the stroller and there was a baby girl all dressed in pink and I answered "Marissa". I felt like that had to be her name since I dreamed it. It was in early 2005 so it probably got into my subconscious thanks to the tv show The OC.

Her middle name is after my female cousin Jordan.

Mattea Quinn

I've always seen the name Mattea on the name board here on JM and always kinda liked it.
Then one day when I was like 12 weeks pregnant it just popped back into my head and when I mentioned it to dh he loved it.
Then the last name is because I wanted to follow the tradition and add a boys turned girls name as a middle name.

If we have another baby it'll either be Malachi Philip or Moira Blue

April 26th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.e.a.t.h.e.r View Post
Moira Blue
LOVE the name Moira! <3 It's my brother's favorite name too. He has dreamed of naming a daughter Moira ever since he was a little boy. His last boyfriend hated it though (bah!), so my brother gave the name to me... and it was on my list for a while, but slowly dropped (though I still adore it!). My brother has a new boyfriend now, and his new boyfriend doesn't like it either! lol... I want a niece named Moira dangit!

April 26th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
LOVE the name Moira! <3 It's my brother's favorite name too. He has dreamed of naming a daughter Moira ever since he was a little boy. His last boyfriend hated it though (bah!), so my brother gave the name to me... and it was on my list for a while, but slowly dropped (though I still adore it!). My brother has a new boyfriend now, and his new boyfriend doesn't like it either! lol... I want a niece named Moira dangit!
Does your brother plan to do surrogacy or adopt? I hope you get a little neice Moira also. As a side note, I had twin girls Jan 2007 for a gay couple. So it is possible.

Exclusively nursing my handsome son!!!
April 26th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2_3 View Post
Does your brother plan to do surrogacy or adopt? I hope you get a little neice Moira also. As a side note, I had twin girls Jan 2007 for a gay couple. So it is possible.
He wants to adopt. I told him a long time ago that I'd gladly be a surrogate for him, and for a while he was keen on that... but he has since told me that he thinks he would feel weird having his sister carry his baby (lol! I don't think it's weird, but I understand), and he wants to give a child who's already born a loving home... so he's decided to adopt.

But he's only 23, and not totally stable in life yet, so it'll be several years before he becomes a father.

April 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had the hardest time deciding on a name!!!! But, even before I was ever pregnant dh and I said we both liked the name Violet So we made list after list after list. Then we thought we settled on Charli Irene ( middle name is my grandmothers name....) I even bought the wooden letters for Charli and painted them.... the week before she was due, it was like "it is "maybe" Charli" hahaha......

Then in the operating room when she was born I said to dh "what's her name?" like she was a Cabbage Patch or something and he said Violet Grace"
I think Charli definetly would have fit her little personality but when it came down to it, I wanted something girly and I think that is exactly what we achieved with Violet Grace

July 25th, 2013, 08:52 PM
megpie
Throwback Thursday!!
July 26th, 2013, 08:49 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1110 View Post
DH had Major's name chosen before there was ever even talk of having a baby. There was a University of Texas football player named Major Applewhite and ever since DH heard the name he loved it. I fought him on it since the moment he brought it up. In an effort to convince me, DH emailed Major Applewhite (now a coach at UT) and asked him about his name and if he was made fun of growing up and he replied and said No. So that kinda helped to convince me. I now love our little guys name and couldn't imagine him being named anything else. The problem now is the pressure to come up with an equally cool name if we have another son.
I don't remember hearing that whole story before...only that your DH liked it. Funny that he sent him an email!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search