Mini Miracle Maker Christopher (icky in parts)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Charlie2Kairi's Avatar Chris' Kitty Cat =^.^=
Send a message via ICQ to Charlie2Kairi Send a message via Yahoo to Charlie2Kairi
Friday ,last day of April, i was scheduled to work that day but at 530 AM i began having problems.I had noticed my placenta previa had me bleeding really badly again,so i lay back down after telling hubby for maybe about 3 mins, but it was still really bad so i go to the hospital.They look me over, im there till appx 10am.They say i should call my portland doctor as soon as i get home,which i did.I also tried to get some food while i waited for them to call me back after i left them a message.I get some pasta and await the call.When i hear back from them they tell me they want me down in portland immediately;portland is 4 hrs away from us and with the financial problems we had been having we had no idea how id get down there.Happily the docs set up for the hospital in town to drive me by ambulance all the way down.So i get some things packed up and hubby drives me to the hospital.I get set up in the ambulance and i cried because i had to leave my hubby and james behind.I had no idea whether id be in portland for a couple nights or for 2 months until Christopher was born.
It was a long trip down,the guys in the ambulance were nice and talked with me occasionally,bought me a bottled water on the way.I look out the back window trying to see where i am but couldnt tell most of the time,then i get to portland,i was so glad to see it;i could finally get out of the ambulance.
They check me in and bring me up to the ob surgery floor as a precautionary and they hook up monitors for christopher checking his heart rate and such,he was perfect the whole time.During all this time i was still bleeding sometimes heavy sometimes almost nothing.They move me to a regular room for maybe about an hour then move me back to the ob surgery room.They were expecting to have to do a csect very soon so they wanted me there already.
I slept in that room for the night and the next day they keep check on me,i hadnt eaten since 10Am the previous morning and asked a couple times if i could have some food which i couldnt...not even water.About 12 pm they do an ultrasound to check on my placenta and on christopher,christopher was still fine,me, i was still bleeding. Within 1/2 an hour i think it was the docs came into my room saying they will be doing a csect by 2 pm.Christopher is better out than in they said.It felt like no time at all and i was in the surgery room getting prepped to have my baby.I was scared,i had no idea what was going to happen,if christopher was going to be ok,i was all alone.I get numbed out and they begin working and at 1:54 pm Christopher was born,16 inches long and 4lbs 4 oz.He was fine,i was so relieved.I heard him cry and i began crying and they bring him over to me to see him then they take him to the NICU to care for him.
I go to my regular room and call my hubby and tell him that Christopher was born.My mind was at ease..my baby was safe.
The reason i say about the miracle? Christopher was healthy yes,i was worried about him being preemie, but the biggest reason that he is our miracle is because after months of all kinds of financial difficulty,losing our furniture, almost losing our electric,my hubby awaiting hearing from a job,having no hot water...after all those horrible times the day Christopher was born everything turned around,my hubby starts a new job,people started saying yes to help us instead of no,we got our stove back.All this right after Christopher being born.Hes still healthy,hes doing very well,they speak of moving him out of the NICU soon because hes doing so well.When we finally get to take him home, the miracle he gave us will let us give him all he deserves.
Our mini miracle,Christopher Ryan.

A smile suits you best.(CCS)

Last edited by Charlie2Kairi; May 6th, 2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo
May 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad he and you are ok!! And that's great about all the good things that came along at the same time - he IS your little miracle baby!!

Congrats on being the first to post a birth story in here!!!

May 7th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Thanks for sharing!!!!! I am so glad he is doing okay, *you too* and things are turning around for you guys!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

May 7th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats! I'm so glad everything is working out for you and your family! Christopher was a big boy for 32 weeks!! Way to go Momma!!

May 7th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so glad everything worked out. I hope little miracles keep coming your way.
May 7th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is such a sweet birth story! Congrats on your little miracle maker

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
May 7th, 2010, 10:22 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Wow, thats a great story. Im glad he is doing so well!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
May 7th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the world Christopher!

Thank you for sharing your story - you had me in tears at the end!!!

May 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats I am so glad everything is finally starting to work for you and your family. I will pray that things stay good and Christopher comes home soon!

May 7th, 2010, 11:28 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
TFS, hope everything is OK with both of you.

May 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your Little Bundle arriving safely, And so pleased that everything is Turning around for you guys!!!!

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

May 11th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful birth story. I'm so glad he's doing good. I hope things continue to get better for all of you. Welcome Christopher.

My Ovulation Chart
May 15th, 2010, 05:11 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story and Congratulations to you!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search