Kimberlyw's Journal:) Updated 5/24

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I decided to start a journal counting down until I have baby I have 30 days to go until my EDD of June 9. So I will begin keeping track of symptoms, appts, etc in here until baby comes so that others can see if there were any signs I was in labor (hind sight is 20/20 lol).

35weeks 5days: So far a bit of stiffness in my hips and soreness (probably from walking last night). I had some cramping all night long, but I probably strained a ligament from walking too much. I have a NST and u/s today at 3pm so I will update when I get home from that Plus as a bonus my ticker finally moved into the last box - WOOOOOO HOOOOOO! Nothing exciting happened at the NST. Baby is still head down according to the u/s so that is good Went for a nice long walk with DH and the kids after dinner. Had a few strong BH but not the real thing yet.

35weeks 6days: Have some BH this morning....so far nothing major though. I have a doctor appt this evening at 6:40pm so I am going to see if the doc will check me - I am hoping for some kind of progress. DH is supposed to fly to Florida next Thurs-Fri and I don't want him to have to miss that. If baby comes before then it would be great! Will update more later Talked to mom and dad today and they are planning on coming to visit in about 2 weeks with their two kids, Sam and Jessica! So excited to see them all! Plus, I talked to my SIL and she and my nephew are flying in at the end of June for a visit. My BIL, his wife, and their three kids will be visiting mid-June We will be so busy once the baby comes! UPDATE*****Just got home from my doc appt. I asked to be checked because of some sporadic but strong contractions I have been having the past few days. She said I am definitely at least 1cm dilated, but she didn't want to be too aggressive in checking for fear of bringing on labor (they don't like to do any cervical checks at all unless you are in labor). So she said she was surprised being that this is my fifth baby which I thought was odd - aren't I more likely to dilate earlier? Oh well lol. Belly is measuring right on track at 36 weeks also Good appt

36weeks 0days: Having the usual amount of BH today. Have been rather gassy though LOL! DH and I are going to run to mall mart (my pet name for Walmart) to pick up a few things that we need and then off to bed early - I am pooped! For some reason I tossed and turned all night last night. I was up every two hours to pee. Will update more tomorrow Oh, forgot to mention that I have another NST tomorrow at 3pm so I will probably just wait and update after that

36weeks 1day: Had another NST today. Nothing interesting is going on though haha

36weeks 2days: Nesting is insane today - I have this urge to clean, and if I try to sit down I feel like I am having a panic attack because I stuff I need to do LOL. I cleaned the whole house top to bottom. DH and I went to a Japanese Hibachi with my friend Kara for dinner. I was having BH every 3-5 minutes for about 2 hours straight, but then they calmed down.....

36weeks 3days: Still nesting badly haha! I have paid all the bills that will be due until after June 1st so that if I go into the hospital DH doesn't have to worry about it. I am going grocery shopping in a bit. DH is nesting too - he has been out in the garage with DS cleaning and organizing things I am hoping that baby comes soon!

36weeks 5days: Had contractions from 10pm last night until 3am this morning. I thought it was the real thing, but then I finally fell asleep and they stopped. Had a NST and AFI today NST went perfectly well. During the u/s I got to see the baby breathing in the amniotic fluid - ADORABLE!!!! It totally melted my heart <3! I am hoping that labor doesn't happen until Wednesday now because DH and I have a Hail & Farewell to attend tomorrow night and we already prepaid $50.00 for our meal. I feel fine today so I guess it was false labor last night or maye just an irritable uterus (I wouldn't be surprised if it was that as all of the rest of me is irritable too haha!)

37weeks 0days: OFFICIALLY FULL TERM!!!!!! I have a doc appt at 2:20pm and I am hoping they will check me again (like I said though, they are very hands off and don't want to do any cervical checks until I think I am in labor). However, with the contractions I had on Monday early morning I want to know if any changes happened. If they stimulate labor then all the better hee hee I will update more if there is anything interesting at this appt (but I doubt it). More than likely my next update will be Friday (37weeks 2days). Got back from my appt - I am 1cm still, but 25% effaced now (hey it is better than nothing) Dr is going to sweep my membranes next Thursday if I am still pregnant. If that doesn't work it is okay because she scheduled an induction for June 2 - 2 WEEKS!!!!!

37weeks 5days: I am frantically trying to finish up school with my boys (we homeschool). I want to be done with the school year before baby comes. DH is in mandatory training (mandatory for deployment) all of this week and next week. I am supposed to get my membranes swept this Thursday (there is a full moon then too) and then DH is off for Fri-Mon so if I went into labor on Thursday it would be ideal The kids should be all done with school by tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday we are going to concentrate on getting the house immaculate (it is pretty clean already, but there are a few little projects here and there I would like done before baby's arrival). My parents should be arriving here from Texas sometime over the weekend too (they are bringing their two kids too so my kids are really excited about seeing all of them). I will have plenty of help at home if I were to go into labor on Thursday, so that is my goal now lol Wish me luck! Wanted to also mention that I am hoping to not go until Thursday because I am sick right now and feel like total crap. My energy is GONE....I have a low fever, runny nose, sore throat, and headache. UGH...probably just a cold, but I would prefer not to be sneezing and snotting while dealing with labor haha!

37weeks 6days: I can not believe I made it this far! The only other child I carried this long was my first (38weeks 1day). If I make it past Thursday I will have carried this baby longer than any of my others. I still feel horrible today - my throat is really really sore. I finished homeschooling my younger son yesterday - he took and I graded all of his finals. My older one has finished all but math and language. So today he is taking his language final, math quiz, and math final and he will be done with school for the year YAY!!!!!! Then tomorrow I am going to clean like a mad woman and hopefully have a baby on Thursday (that would be the most convenient anyway LOL). Well, that is all for my update today. Still have an achy bruised feeling whoo ha......hoping that passes soon!

38weeks 0days: I made it to 38 weeks!!!!! WOW! I cleaned like a mad woman all day today....only getting some strong BH from it though - I must admit I was hoping it would put me into labor LOL. It is almost 6:30pm here so maybe tomorrow will be my day - especially since there is a full moon and I am getting my membranes swept Wish me luck!!!

38weeks 1day: I was 1cm and 25%effaced last week. I went in today and she said I am now 3cm and my cervix is "very favorable". She said if the sweep did not work then my induction on Wednesday should be fairly quick She did the sweep and it was slightly painful, but not horrible There was definitely some spotting from it - all over her exam glove. She said that is a very promising sign. I have been having contraction every 15 minutes or so and I am hoping that it is doing something to make progress. I made spaghetti tonight with homemade sauce and meatballs. I added pesto to the sauce to help out with the basil. I also bought fresh basil and oregano and added a bunch to my dinner haha! Plan on having some raspberry leaf tea, EPO, DTD, rolling/bouncing on exercise ball, and having DH use some accupressure on me. I am really hoping it happens tonight!!! I will text Kelly (I*make*royalty) if I go to the hospital later Say a prayer for me ladies - I really want this baby out LOL! Forgot to mention I went grocery shopping so I got about 1 1/2 hrs in of walking Walmart LOL

38weeks 3ays: Getting induced on Wednesday if nothing happens between now and then. I really want to avoid the pitocin, but I am okay if it comes down to that. I really just want DH to be able to spend time with his new son/daughter before he leaves. I have had more pressure from each contraction, and a few cramps here and there but no major contraction pains. I am going to go get checked today to see if any progress is being made, and if not (which I am thinking is the case) I am going to see if there is a doc/midwife on today that can do another sweep for me. I am hopng to have this baby before my induction date lol. I will update if there are any changes from Thursday, but like I said, I doubt there are any changes being made Anyway, I can still look forward to the fact that at most I only have until Wednesday.....Horrible experience in L&D triage....hoping the actual L&D rooms aren't as bad

38weeks 6days: Haven't updated due to the holiday weekend We had so much fun this weekend and today is housework day LOL! Tomorrow I am supposed to be induced (as long as there is a bed available). Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be making progress toward meeting our little surprise baby!!!!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby

Last edited by kimberlyw; June 1st, 2010 at 08:44 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search