Alba's Birth! :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Saturday morning, when I woke up, it hit me that this was the last weekend my DH would have off, that it would just be him, me and our other two kiddo's. (He is off every OTHER weekend) and was to work the next weekend, and the following Alba would be here because we were to be induced on the 27th). We decided to have some quality time with the kids. We ended up taking them to Chuck E Cheeses for a couple of hours. They had a great time.
For supper, we all went out to eat, and then came back home. An old fave movie of mine, that I hadn't seen in years was on "The Goonies" so we all sat down to watch it.
I had started having some contractions while eating dinner, but like the last few weeks, so I wasn't going to put much thought into them.
While watching the movie, I noticed that they were slightly getting stronger but still spaced out a bit.
The movie went off and we sent the kids upstairs to bed and I went to the bathroom (BM) and while I was in there, I had 2 more contractions.
I climbed into bed and started to get comfortable when another one hit. This time, I couldn't breathe and found myself pulling and punching at DH's pillow.
He looked at me and asked me if we needed to go to the hospital. At first, I said No.., then quickly changed my mind and said 'I think we might need to go in". He got up and got the kids ready, and I finally got out of bed and went back to the bathroom to grab my hairbrush and make up bag (just in case).
On the car ride to the hospital, I was timing them at coming around every 8 minutes, then by the time we got to the hospital, it was every 6 minutes. (They've been this close several times before, but usually stop, but these did seem to get MORE intense with LOTS of pressure).

As we are getting out of the car, another one hit hard. Finally we make it to L&D and they get me back into a room. (This is around 10:45pm, Saturday night). They check me and I'm dilated 3 1/2 and effaced 75% (At my appt on Tuesday I was 2 1/2 and 50%). They watch the monitors and see that they are coming every 4-6 minutes apart. Call doc, and doc says to admit me.

They come back in and said they are admitting me, and I can get my epidural whenever I'd like, as it doesn't seem like it will be long. They check me again and I'm around a 5-6 and 90%. The Epi guy comes in and I get the Epidural.
I almost kicked the nurse, she was holding my legs down while I was getting the Epi and it hit a nerve and I got a pain in my leg and i actually BIT the pillow because it hurt.

The nurse comes back in and checks me, by this time its about midnight.
I'm at a 6 95% and thinks my water might break soon because she can feel the bag.
SO my parents are here by now and my DH goes to the car to get the bags and camera, etc. While hes gone, my dad is sitting beside the bed in the chair trying to talk to me about stuff to keep my mind off of everything, when I feel a pop sound and then GUSH, there goes my water. @ 1:30 AM I kind of yelled out, not in pain, but just in surprise. DH returns with the bags and we tell him my water just broke, the nurse comes in and says she needs to check me again because she doesn't think it will be long now.
Everyone leaves, she checks me and I'm at a 7 and a little over 95%..She thinks she can feel the head but isn't sure its the head, so she gets the charge nurse in there to make sure. The charge nurse, says she can;t tell if its the head either, although it does feel like it, she wants to make sure, so they get the U/S machine in there. U/S shows its NOT the head, that baby is in breach position. I immediately ask if they can manually rotate the baby, and they tell me that they can not do this after water is broke, and I'll have to have a c-section and there isn't much time because I'm already feeling a TON of pressure. Keep in mind that at the last several appointments my doc thought that the head was DOWN..so this was a HUGE shock...They just believe that Alba flipped.
Doc arrives and explains that although some people will allow breach deliveries, they do not because of complications that can arrive. So They get me prepped for OR and start turning up my Epidural. DH and I get into the OR and they start pressing a pin thing on my stomach to see how much I can feel. I tell them over and over again that I can fill the pin poking me....
So after a few minutes of this, I can STILL feel it. The epi guys tells them to give it another few minutes, when the doc looks at him and says "We are out of time, she was already pass a 7 and I can't let her go any longer." So they agree to start to make an incision and if I can feel ANY of it, they'll put me straight to sleep.

I could feel EVERYTHING, not in a pain way, but in constant pressure. Its not a nice feeling. Alba was born at 2:44 am, Sunday May 16. She weighed 5 lbs 1 oz and was 17 1/2 inches long. She has a full head of DARK hair.
She doesn't cry much at ALL. She's such a good baby.

After they get her out of me, They bring her over to me so I can see her for about 15 seconds and then she and DH head to the nursery while they finish up on me, and do my Tubal Ligation and sew me up.
Then I am in recovery for an hour-just me and the L&D nurse I had the entire time (It was her Birthday as well). Finally around 4 am, I get into my room and they bring Alba in to see me. (Only DH had seen her, the rest of the family could only see her thru nursery window).

She is beautiful!

I'll come back in a bit and add some pictures!!!

Dh and I, right before c-section
First time meeting Alba

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

May 18th, 2010, 02:03 PM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina
aweh! She's precious. Congrats hun!

May 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww she is just adorable! congrats again Stephanie!!
May 18th, 2010, 02:24 PM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie!

May 18th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's precious! Congrats!

May 18th, 2010, 04:14 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
Beautiful! Congrats
May 18th, 2010, 04:36 PM
tasheroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow what an exciting night that must of been! She is so pretty

Side note: May 16 is my son's birthday! Alba picked a good day to arrive!

May 18th, 2010, 08:16 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww she is beautiful!! I just want to cuddle her!

Congrats again & thanks for sharing your story & pictures

May 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is sooo adorable!!!! That is scary that she flipped at the last minute like that!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
May 19th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She just looks like such a calm baby even in her pictures. She is adorable!

My Ovulation Chart
May 19th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad she arrived safely!
May 19th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, Stephanie! She is PERFECT!!!
May 22nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
She is beautiful.Congratulations!!!!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

May 29th, 2010, 09:07 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Stephanie, She is BEAUTIFUL!!! You look so happy in the pics!!!

May 29th, 2010, 08:15 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
awh, she is absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
June 4th, 2010, 06:17 AM
josie_24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh she's beautiful!!! Congrats and so scary about feeling the c section but glad it wasn't pain!

Thank you Kellarazzi for my siggie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search