Joshua's Birth/personal pics

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2010, 10:32 PM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
On Monday the 24th at 2:20 am I got up to get ready for the day knowing i had a hour an a half drive to get to my appt and had to prepare for the rest of the day before I left the house. I left at 4am,to there at 10 til 6, go to my room by 6:20, and got my NST set up by 7. Docotor finally showed up at 8:45 and he did the amnio. I cried afterwards. Had terrible pains and then the nurse that checked my cervix before I left did NOT Take her ring off!! She said I was only a loose one still since the week before, but i know what i felt and she was messing up. I left in pain and with contactions. Drove home and finally got to lay back down by 5 till 2pm. At 10 after 2, they called and said the amnio showed mature lungs. I had to be there by 8. So I also had to pick up my husband, rearrange a ride for both my older kids for youth and karate. OH how tired I was by then, and thinking about being induced with hardly any sleep. So anyway, got my rat race done, showed up at the hospital by 7pm, had to wait till 10pm to get my room because the housekeeper was no were tobe found and they had no rooms!
Finally got me backthere, my Blood pressure was low. 98 over 42. That was why I was dizzy. Doc got the balloon ready that he was going to insert in my servix to help start dialation. They got me all hooked up to the moniter and knowtised the contractions i have been telling them about. So, doc checked me and I was a three and in active labor. so no need for the balloon! I labored till 3am and still was at a 3!!! Pissed I was!! pain no gain!!. Fell asleep till 4am. Then my friend showed up. Started pitocin at 7am. Was a 4 by 3pm!! OMG I cired!! PAIN PAIN PAIN and so little diffrence! I was contracting hard every two minutes and only one minute in between. So they gave me a drug that started with an N and it was such a relief, I cried over that!! By then, they thought I was nuts I am sure. I fell asleep in between the contractions. BUT when the drug wore off I was nausus and dizzy and worse off ,and in pain. It took the nurses 45 minutes to get the doctor to call back so I could have nausia meds and I was AGAIN CRYING LIKE A BABY!!! Yes, I think I was tired by now, and tired of pain!!!!! So I just wanted to leave my body!!! I finally got another drug that started with an S and it made me feel loopy but with no pain relief! I was checked and I was only a 5 by 6pm. Talk about PISSED! I said okay, I want a freakin EPI!!!! so 5 people were in front of me to get it, but my doc made a call and she was in there in 15 minutes. By then I was dialated to 6. I was so not with it. I think the older i have gotten, the less tolerable I want to be of pain and tiredness! They gave me the EPI and it took them atleast 30 minutes. The pain was so bad i had sweat dripping off me everywhere. She had a hard time finding space inbetween my bonesi in the back. I was ready to tell her to quite when she got it,I sat up and the pressure was there but the pain was less, but the time the nurse lifted my legs on the bed, they were a little numb, and I was like, OMG! I need to push! they were like what??? By then, it was 9:45. Nurse checked me and I as at a 9!!! WOW!!! So within the next 25 minutes of my life. It was the best! I was able to talk, and actually smile for a minute. Then I was like, okay I think he is going to wave now!! The doc came in, I was 9+ and said I just had a small lip. So, wihin 5 minutes i said I was pushing, I called for the doc and he was on his way in eating a sandwich!! I said, ya need to hurry cause this time i aint waitin!!. He got washed up and I was pushing the whole time, I NEVER thought I would feel like I was going to split in half till I had him!! Iwas like, He aint gonna fit! I cant push him out! He is gonna tear me in half! I felt stupid later for saying this, But I got his head out with another push, and Doc said stop. I was like, omg I dont think i can, he said I had too. He had to work on getting the shoulders out. He got the shoulders out,and he said just let him come out o his own with the next contraction.THAT was sooooooooooooooooo hard to do, but I did!! WHAT A RELIEF!!!! My friend was snapping pics the whole time and I must say , they are B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l pics!! I love them!! So 10:27 he was born, I had been up for 43.5 hours. I did my best to hold him and love on him right away. I was slurring so bad by then. He latched right on to my breast and stayed there for 15 minutes. I kept dozing off. And I was STARVING! I had not ate since 7pm Monday and it was crackers!
Not a very entertaining birth story,but it is mine and I will remember it always. I am so blessed with Joshua. I felt alot of support from my husband through it all and from my friend Julia. So here are a couple,NOT TOOOO TOOO graphic pics from the birth.

And here is from tonight!! ENJOY!!!

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
May 30th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nawww congrats!

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
May 30th, 2010, 10:35 AM
tasheroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Joshua is beautiful!

May 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful baby! Congratulations!
May 30th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story. Your little guy is very handsome. I can't believe he has so much hair. My little ones usually only have peach fuzz. Definitely a keeper.

My Ovulation Chart
May 31st, 2010, 12:25 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's beautiful! I may have missed it, but how big was he?

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

May 31st, 2010, 08:43 PM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
he was 8pds7oz 20 inches long and born at 37wks

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
May 31st, 2010, 09:32 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
thank you for sharing - your story & the pics!

June 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So cute!!! All my babies tend to have fuzz if anything lol - he is a gorgeous head of hair!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search