Alexander's Birth Story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina
Well my day pretty much started out normal, I woke up and was eating fine, but after around noon i started noticing cramps and pains in my belly that kept coming every few mins, from my stomach to my back, i waited them out for awhile, then realized they were getting stronger, not hurting, but enough to feel them and be bothersome, so i made the kids dinner at 4:30, and headed out to OB Triage at almost 6. I got in, got hooked to the monitors & they noticed right away that i was having contractions, just not really strong. So thy checked me and i was 1cm, 50%, -1. They made me sit around for 3hrs so they could recheck me & when they did i was 3cm, 50% -1. So i was deff in early labor. They had me walk around the hospital for 2hrs, so they could recheck me again, said if i make it to 4cm, i can be admitted to L&D! Sure enough i was 4cm when i came back, so off to L&D we went, i got all settled in, hooked to an IV with fluids, and hooked up to the monitors. That was at about 11pm, i was there just being monitored for hours, DH slept pratically the whole night LOL. I was so mad at him, since i couldn't sleep at all, i was so uncomfortable. They checked me again and i was still at a 4 a few hours later. But at 5:30, they checked me and i was at 5cm, one of the nurses had told me that they were going to send me home if i hadn't started making progress, she thought that was a bit harsh. But at 6am, they FINALLY decided to break my water, & holy moly the lady who did it, made it hurt sooo extremely bad, i was crying from her being so rough, i instantly went to 6cm, I was pretty much from then on stuck at 6cm for 8hrs until i delivered, but i know at like 8 or 9am they started Pitocini to help spend everything to go faster b/c i stalled completely, i was so afraid i was going to have a c-section. Thank goodness i didn't. I pushed for maybe 15mins before lil Alex finally made it into the world. After 17hrs of labor, and no sleep in 32hrs. Out of 2hrs of my labor i decided to take Fetnal, i couldn't handle the pain anymore & thought it was never going to end, i know i deserved it, but felt bad as Alex felt the side effects of it and was so sleepy and out of it when he was born. But here's his stats and pics, i'm so relieved it's all over!

Alexander Marc
7lbs, 4oz, 19 3/4in 1:47PM on June 3rd, 2010

all my kiddo's together!

sammy loves her lil brother

June 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats! he is gorgeous!

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
June 8th, 2010, 06:20 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!