She is here!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
so i had to get induced a week and a half early due to high blood pressure issues. so I went in Wednesday morning June 9th about 6:30am. they started an IV of petocin around 7:30-8am. i was 1cm at the time so that was a good start, so we thought. the petocin caused small contractions that didn't hurt just felt like pressure real low. by mid day i was almost 3cm but it was taking a long time. At that point the doc said if there wasn't anymore progress we would stop at dinner time so i could eat and rest to build up energy for the next day and we would start the drip again. So that's what ended up happening. i was OK with it bc i was starving!
the next morning, June 10, i was having those small pressure contractions on my own, but still only 3cm. so the doctor broke my water at about 7:20am and started the petocin back up. after that the contractions started to get stronger. supposedly the petocin makes the pain of contractions a lot worse and I believe that now. the monitor said i was having contractions at about half of what they were going to be and they were hurting pretty bad by then. I was thinking at the time it would not be so bad as long as i was still dilating. however around 10am, when i was in some good pain, i was still only 3cm. that's when i started to worry and the nurse said i should consider something for the pain cause it could be another 7 hours. i knew that and i said id think about it. I didn't have to think long because the pain was making me cry. I asked her to put something in my IV so she gave me statol. she had warned me earlier that id wouldn't do much for the pain it just made you sorta groggy and forget the pain in a way, but i was really trying to avoid an epidural. of course she was right and it was worse then BC the meds made my sleepy and id relax for a few mins before feeling that awful pain again. Im not sure how long that lasted cause i wasn't watching the clock anymore. but then i asked for the epidural. the epidural took the pain away and i could finally breath and didn't have to cry anymore. plus my head was still clear so it was a better option! I got it just in time because right after that i was up to 5cm and everything started to speed up from there. then it was 7cm then 8cm then they told me to let them know when i feel some pressure. so i did and when they checked and she was on her way out!! so I called bob cause he was out getting lunch I said "hurry up shes coming out right now!" that was 12:50pm and i gave 4 good pushes and she was out at 1:00pm on the dot!! Bob watched the whole thing and cut the cord! they put her right on my chest so i could get a good look at her and i was just kinda in a daze haha.
OK this is the gross part. when she was out and fine i tried to push out the placenta but the cord detached from it and only a piece came out. The doc had to literally reach in to get it! i said "is your hand inside my uterus?" and it was. good thing i had that epidural!!! i had to get quite a few stitches and then we were done! it was crazy. her temperature was a little low so she took a break in the incubator to warm up then everything was fine.

Zoey Pearl McManus 6/10/10
6lbs 12oz 20inches
June 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma

June 13th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me: 28 DH: 34 DS: 10 DD: born 14th June 2010 3 angels 11/00. 07/08. 01/09

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
June 13th, 2010, 08:44 AM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina

June 14th, 2010, 03:54 PM