Maddox Cole's Birth story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2010, 02:33 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll start with my dr's appt. on Tuesday, My dr checked me and I was 4cm 70% effaced. She told me not to go very far and to go to l and d if I felt off or anything. On Wed. I was contracting but not regularly so I called and they told me to go in and at least get checked. So I did, it was actually a horriblee day for me for a few reasons.. first I got there expecting to only be checked and they ended up keeping me for 6 hrs, second they told me that whoever I talked to before was wrong I couldn't have my kids with me even if my water broke at home with just me that I couldn't go in with the kids... turns out I was contracting but they weren't changing me enough to keep me, I went home crying because I had no idea at this point what I was going to do with my kids. Well after a day of thinking it over I said to myself stop stressing over it it's not like they can not treat you because you have noone to watch the kids, so I went on with my life as normal without stressing over that.. I also had a horrible nurse that wed.. So friday rolls around and nothing out of the ordinary was going on, the kids and I went to the store to get supper and I grabbed a can of chef boyardee spaghetti because thats what threw me into labor with matthew, so I figured if I got desperate I could try that.

So the kids and I got home and I was getting there supper ready and felt a semi big "puddle" of water and ran to the bathroom.... I thought the way it felt it was my water but wasn't sure and it was just me and the kids so I didn't want to run right in, so I figured Id wait and see if any contractions kicked in. So I fed the kids and all they talked about at the supper table was how I was going to have the baby that day and they were all going to go to bed with their clothes on, I just laughed it off.. I texted my one friend and she was the only person I told I wasn't sure if my water broke.. I didn't even tell Thomas. Supper was over about (6:30ish) and nothing seemed to be going on. So I ate a half a can of the chef boyardee because I was scared of a whole can..lol.. (ate it about 7pm)... put the kids to bed, and started cleaning, by this time Thomas came home and I had a few contractions, but nothing out of the ordinary so I didn't say anything. He was having some friends over to play ps3, so after cleaning I took a shower, cause if I was going into labor I wanted to look good.. lol.. I got out of the shower, his friends came over and I watched them play for a bit.. about 9:30ish I noticed that my contractions were about every 15min, so I just sat and timed, still not saying anything.... I got up did a few things, then sat back down... about 10:30 they started to get stronger but I still wasn't convinced about anything... at 11pm I figured I probably should at least go get checked once more, so I finally got up and told Thomas that I was going in to get checked, that I was uncomfortable but not in pain, so I would text him and let him know, when I would be home.

So I left for the hospital which is a mile down the road, lol, walked into the er, told them I was headed to labor and delivery and the poor guy was like um why are you walking lol... so I was like I'm ok just want to get checked, so we get upstairs and the nurses look at me like um why are you walking lol.... so the nurse I hated puts me in a room and tells me to put the gown on and I would be monitored...so I start to put it on like always with my bra on cause I knew Id be going home...she says no fully undressed, I was like um ok...so I get into bed, and hooked up and another nurse comes in to get history, so I start to tell her, and say I was in here 2days ago, I was at 4-5 depending who you talked to, at that point nurse I don't like says, no she wasn't she was 1cm I was just being nice by saying 4.. I was like um my dr checked me in her office on tue and I was 4cm so whatever.. then she was like well I hate to run but I have to be up early... I was like thank god... so she leaves and I start over with the new nurse and thank her for being my nurse..lol.. so at this point according to the monitor I'm contracting every 5-6min regularly. She starts getting everything ready and gets the iv stuff ready and was like do you want an epidural so I can call down to get it started... I was like um, um... I guess I'm staying...lol.... so I start freaking out cause I didn't expect to stay lol.. I texted Thomas and was like um they are keeping me. My dr came in at that point, she was the one on call thank god...lol.. so she tells me my kids can't be there because of insurance issues, and also that all they can give me for pain was and epi or pnewbane,... well I can't take pnewbane and I was absolutely terrified of doing it natural from last time, I was terrified of going so fast and everything, and on top of all that I was crying cause Thomas was going to miss the birth of his baby..

I said yes to the epi cause I needed to calm down and just relax, I was having to breathe through contractions at this point.. so I text Thomas and let him know everything.. One of his guy friends said he would watch the kids yay.. (oh at this point it's about 12am) so only 45min after I got to the hospital.. the poor nurse had to try 4 times to get my iv in because I was so tense all my veins were collapsed. They got it in finally and I'm still going omg I'm having a baby, they get the epi in, and finally Thomas shows up.. they check me and i'm at 6cm, and now that i'm relaxed and pain free everyone figures things will move right along now... so we wait... and wait and wait..lol...6am comes along (Thomas slept this whole time.. I was awake lol) and they check, still 6cm 80%...grr... so they start the pitocen... ok, things will move now... Thomas leaves for work at 7am, I tell him I will call him if anything happens.. My dr comes in at 8am.. check me... still 6cm 80%...what the heck.. so she breaks the rest of my water.. phew, things will move now..lol.. so I call Thomas and tell him they just broke my water so he rushes back, cause we all figure again things will happen now.. nothing.. they keep bumping up my pit... and nothing... now I'm secretly freaking out cause I know I'm headed towards a csection if I'm stuck.. so I put my bed up as much as possible trying to move him down cause he was still at -2 then... so the new dr comes in and I talk to her and she was so nice. At 10:15 the nurse comes in and I tell her Im starting to feel things.. well just then I got a contraction that lasted 4mins!! she was watching the monitor waiting for it to stop and I was feeling everythign... I went from feeling nothing to a 4min contraction.. omg it was sooo painfull.. so after that was over she bumped up my meds... I was checked again after that one contraction and was at 7ish and 100% effaced 0 station... yay he finally moved... so I start to not feel anythign again and then I'm worried that I stalled again, but my sitter was only able to stay till 12:45 so now I'm worred again Thomas will miss the birth.. so at 11:30 I asked to be checked again, the nurse says yes, is it cause I feel pressure or am I curious.. I said he def. moved but I'm curious.. so she says ok, the dr is right outside I will have her check... so she comes in, and checks... 9cm +2 station!! yay she says do you want to try and push and see if you can make it past the lip, I'm like yes, but i'm scared cause ive never had an epi before and i'm afraid i won't be able to push, so shes like well lets see, we will tell you when you are having a contraction and push.. ok... so they tell me and i start to push and half way through everyone starts yelling stop stop we aren't ready..lol.. things start flying around gowns on, nurses flying in. ..ok you can push now... (mind you thomas is off to the side to stay out of the way, he wanted to be up near my head cause he didn't want to see anything) so they tell me to push and before thomas has a chance to move Maddox was born at 11:39am and Thomas saw it all lol...

Maddox Cole
11:39am
6 lbs 10 oz

His apgars were 8/9
He was handed to me and we cuddled, but since THomas needed to go home only 15 min after that I gave him to him to hold.. after he left, I tried nursing and he latched right away fed for an hour. I had no rips or tears, and was feeling great except not feeling my legs lol.. They took him for his bath about 2pm and I fell asleep till 3pm... they brought him to me and we moved to our new room about 4pm, and right after that THomas brought the kids to see me.. Thomas is very skiddish to hold him but is getting better lol, the kids are in love, and Matthew is starting to not be scared of him lol..
June 14th, 2010, 04:55 PM
aww he sounds adorable! congratulations
June 14th, 2010, 07:41 PM
ma9321's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search