woo hoo

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2010, 10:11 AM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so excited this is up, I have fallen off the wagon or rather fallen into the grocery cart lately. I am suppose to be following weight watchers but haven't done it in a few weeks. this weekend is going to be horrible lots of family around and eating out fairly often. parrots cay here I come (local cajun restaurant) on monday I will get back on track.

what plan is everyone following if any?
short term goals
long term goals
any other info
do you exercise?

6/15/13
June 19th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping this can help me stay motivated as well! I really only have about 5-10 pounds to go but I just can't get over how different my body looks! Blah!! I think I gained it all in my hips and stomach!

what plan is everyone following if any? Not really following a plan, just trying to eat better and get some exercise
short term goals: I would like to get rid of the last 5-ish pounds before I go back to work, because I know def won't want to work out then!
long term goals:
any other info
do you exercise? I try...but it's been alot harder than I expected, with being tired and having to work around the babys schedule. I do get it in anywhere from 2-5 days a week though and I've been doing some p90x stuff and running on the treadmill and going for walks...when the weather is cooperating which hasn't been much lately.
June 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is awesome! I know I do a ton better with exercise, etc...when I have some accountability and can see what other people are doing.

what plan is everyone following if any? I am already a complete health nut when it comes to what I eat, so I don't plan on changing my lifestyle in this way. I eat gluten free, primarily dairy free, no red meat, no refined sugars or processed food.

short term goals: I want to tone up my abs, get my shape back. I've lost the weight but feel like a bit of the pooch is still hanging on for dear life!

long term goals: I want to be healthy and energetic so I can run around with my boys, wrestle and play soccer with them, etc... I want them to know their mom can keep up and is in great shape.

any other info: I'm a recovered anorexic, so eating healthy and being healthy and keeping my mind in the right place are all extremely important to me. I am hoping this forum will help keep me in check, as well as allow me to be a support for any of you ladies who find yourselves struggling with weight or body issues in some way. I am being evaluated for Lupus and have chronic fatigue, so getting my butt moving can also be a challenge.

do you exercise? Yup. I walk as much as I can, do various exercise DVD's and consider most of my housework to be a great workout :-)

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

June 19th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Super Mommy
what plan is everyone following if any?: I'm not doing any specific plan, just trying to eat healthier options and watch portion size.
short term goals: short term i'd like to lose 20 lbs. i feel like if i can get 20 lbs under my belt, it'll keep me motivated.
long term goals: ultimately i need to lose around 60 lbs. it feels so unatainable, but i know its not.
do you exercise? i walk, but im starting p90x on monday.

Thanks so much to claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!

June 19th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
what plan is everyone following if any? No plan here. I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but am looking to lose more.
short term goals I usually eat super healthy, but I've been eating a lot of junk lately. So, I want to cut that out over the next few weeks. And I'd like to lose 10lbs by the end of summer.
long term goals Long-term I'd like to lose about 30lbs total to get down to an ideal weight for my body type. I'd also like to tone up more overall.
any other info don't think so
do you exercise? I usually work out 6 days a week. I do exercise DVDs, walk, etc. DH made me a deal that if I continue working out on a regular basis all summer then he'll buy me a gym membership to a gym I've been wanting to join. I really like taking exercise classes, so I'm hoping to stay on track and get my membership!

June 19th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Yay!! I just started my "diet" on Thursday so am so excited that this is up to motivate me and have people to talk to about food and exercise!

what plan is everyone following if any? I count calories!! and watch how much fat is in the food I'm eating. I kinda of go for foods as if I'm on weight watchers because I also like to choose foods that are high in fiber, however I don't count any points like weight watchers does. Trying to eat more veggies because I can be very bad about that unless I really try!!

short term goals: Lose at least 20 pounds. I would really like to lose 30 but will be very very happy with 20!!

long term goals: Keep the weight off!!! And if losing the weight doesn't help my stomach not look so poochy then I'll need to do something about the pooch because I hate it!!!!

do you exercise? I mainly walk to get my exercise (I try to do this at least 5 days a week!) I sometimes will do an exercise DVD or something but not on a regular weekly basis. I would really like to start doing some kind of work out daily tho!

I really hope we can all help each other and keep each other MOTIVATED!!! Good luck to everyone trying to reach certain goals!!!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
June 19th, 2010, 08:14 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm glad this is finally up! I also do better with exercising/dieting when I know that there are others who are doing it with me.

what plan is everyone following if any? I don't have any specific diet that I follow, other than making healthier choices when I eat, and trying to eat less and exercise more.
short term goals I want to get back to my pre-preggo weight of 148 lbs (I'm currently 162 lbs). It seems so far away, even though I know that it really isn't.
long term goals I want to lose an additional 10 lbs so that I'm at 138 lbs. I'm naturally more muscular, so 138 would look very in-shape for me.

any other info I've used counting calories in the past to lose weight, but it never ends well for me. I'm sooooo tempted to do that again, because it seems like the only way I can ever stick to a sensibly-sized diet, but I just get so obsessed with it, and I end up not wanting to eat anything for fear of adding extra numbers to the list. I always end up eating less than I originally intended (i.e., I might start the day saying that I'll consume 1700 calories, and then end up eating only 1100). Also, I end up getting anxiety from eating meals that don't have an available nutrition's label so that I can get a calorie and fat count. It's pathetic, but true. I just won't eat anything that isn't pre-packaged (and that typically means less healthy). Thus, I'm really in need of a better way of diet blogging that doesn't include writing down the calories.

do you exercise? I've just started doing aerobic dancing again and push-ups, and I've been going on walks at least 4-6 times a week since about 2 weeks PP.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 19th, 2010, 08:47 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Yea baby!! This got up here at the PERFECT time!!

what plan is everyone following if any? I know how to eat healthy so Im just gonna try to stay away from all of the empty calorie foods. Also I have a bad habit of eating late at night and am a major diet coke-aholic, so Im gonna try to stop that completely.

short term goals? I gained around 60lbs during pregnancy and have lost 30 so far and I need to lose the other 30 to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight.

long term goals? Im trying to lose 40 pounds to get to my ideal weight. Plus I really need to tone up and lose this flab on my stomach, ick!

any other info? Not really

do you exercise? Im back in the gym now! Im on day 4 and Im LOVING it. Im planning on working out mon-fri and taking sat and sunday off. Even still Im gonna squeeze in some walking and probably a fitness video on saturdays.
June 19th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicag830 View Post
what plan is everyone following if any?: I'm not doing any specific plan, just trying to eat healthier options and watch portion size.
short term goals: short term i'd like to lose 20 lbs. i feel like if i can get 20 lbs under my belt, it'll keep me motivated.
long term goals: ultimately i need to lose around 60 lbs. it feels so unatainable, but i know its not.
do you exercise? i walk, but im starting p90x on monday.
Good luck with p90x!! My husband did the whole cycle this past winter and the change it made was incredible!! He was pretty thin to begin with but it totally toned him up and his stomach was unbelievable!! I told myself I was going to do it once I had the baby...and i've tried but it's hard. The workouts are really great though, especially the ab one!
June 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
what plan is everyone following if any? I am following weight watchers, i've done tons of diets and WW makes me eat healthier and I feel better when i follow it.

short term goals my short term goal is to lose 10lbs by next month at this time- we have a family reunion at the lake and i'm so uncomfortable in my body it's ridiculous

long term goals my long term goal is to lose 50 lbs before I get pregnant again, hopefully somewhere around when delaney is 18 months. i'm hoping I won't get preeclampsia next time and I want to wear cute maternity clothes instead of just clothes that fit me. I felt like I lived in the color black

any other info one of my other goals is to drink way more water, i'm really bad at it.

do you exercise? I don't, I work 3 days a week 12hours, i'm an RN and am on my feet nonstop I usually take one 30 minute break otherwise i'm up walking. I get home so late that I don't get anything done so on my days off I catch up on cleaning and errands. every once in a while i mix in a walk on my days off. but usually I skip it and take a nap instead

6/15/13
June 20th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy1989 View Post

any other info I've used counting calories in the past to lose weight, but it never ends well for me. I'm sooooo tempted to do that again, because it seems like the only way I can ever stick to a sensibly-sized diet, but I just get so obsessed with it, and I end up not wanting to eat anything for fear of adding extra numbers to the list. I always end up eating less than I originally intended (i.e., I might start the day saying that I'll consume 1700 calories, and then end up eating only 1100). Also, I end up getting anxiety from eating meals that don't have an available nutrition's label so that I can get a calorie and fat count. It's pathetic, but true. I just won't eat anything that isn't pre-packaged (and that typically means less healthy). Thus, I'm really in need of a better way of diet blogging that doesn't include writing down the calories.
Krissy, have you tried something like Sparkpeople? If you don't have the nutritional info for something you can just input black beans and it'll bring up the info for you. So, if you had a taco you can just input all the different ingredients and it'll give you the info for each one.

June 20th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
short term goals- I want to lose another 20-25 lbs. I delivered at 179 lbs and am currently 152 lbs. I got down to 158 very quickly and then stalled out because I wasn't making any attempt to lose the weight. DH and I started eating better and exercising over the past two weeks and I have dropped 6 lbs.

long term goals- Pretty much just to lose the weight and keep it off. We aren't really dieting, but we have drastically changed our eating habits and intend to keep it this way. I want my whole family to be as healthy as possible.

any other info- We have eliminated soda and I am only drinking water and seltzer. We eat almost no prepackaged foods (I will eat the occasional Lean Cuisine for lunch because it is convenient.) We eat tons of fruits and veggies, and only eat lean mean and fish for dinners.

do you exercise? As of last week, yes I do. We have access to a gym as well as a walking trail and a pool, so I am trying to get in some activity a few times a week.
June 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Thanks, Shelley! Since I'm breastfeeding, it redirected me to a sister site called BabyFit, which is just as helpful!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 21st, 2010, 08:54 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what plan is everyone following if any? I don't have a plan, just going to the gym Mon, Tues, and Thurs as that is when Addisyn is at daycare. On the other days I will walk or a steps DVD

short term goals To loose my baby weight. I gained a whopping 50 some lbs.

long term goals: I would like to be at 135. At my 6 week appt I weighed 159 and dr. said I should be at the weight I was at when I was 20 weeks. I'm right on track. So I've got a large amount to loose.

any other info: I gained the most weight in my thighs and butt. I'm really bummed that I still have to wear maternity bottoms. AND really really bummed that I can't wear the size small maternity bottoms I started with!

do you exercise? Yes, I love to run but haven't since getting pregnant. I tried one night last week and my chest is so large that it hurts to run and I'm wearing an XL sports bra, which I actually need a little larger size. UGH!!! I hate having these hug milk jugs... literally. :x I also do my work out DVD with this step thing, really works the thighs which thats what I need!
June 21st, 2010, 09:19 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
what plan is everyone following if any? No plan here either. We try to eat relatively healthy and are adding fresher foods into our diet by going to local Farmer's Markets.

short term goals I'm already at my pre-pregnancy weight but need to lose more to truly be healthy.

long term goals I'd love to lose 20-30 lbs. and keep it off. At this point I don't want to set a deadline, but if I can do it in 6-12 months that'd be great.

any other info I weigh the same now as I did at my 6 wk pp check up after Kaija was born. So basically I've been stuck at this weight for 2.5 years. It amazes me that I'm actually a size smaller than before I got pregnant with her. I lost about 25 lbs. while pregnant with her and didn't gain much back before she was born. What I did gain came right back off.

do you exercise? I always have good intentions that I never follow through on. We're getting a treadmill and a Wii in a couple of months. Hopefully with that combo I can get moving and really make a difference in my health.
June 21st, 2010, 10:57 AM
Tiny Loves

what plan is everyone following if any?

Right now I'm using WW Points. But I'm noticing that I barely make half the points they "recommend".

short term goals
I'm not trying to lose any weight, just get more "fit". I'm at a really great weight now (123.6 as of this morning).

long term goals
Long term, I just want to be toned up and fit. I wouldn't mind being heavier if it meant more muscle

any other info
I'm having a hard time finding time to eat and exercise. I'm hoping that this forum will help me be more demanding on myself to eat right and exercise!

do you exercise?

Yes, but not often enough. I walk everyday, but I don't seem to have time for anything else with all the laundry that needs to be done and the kiddos.

June 21st, 2010, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
what plan is everyone following if any? To not eat out of control like I was before p/g and to work out any chance I get, esp during the week days when I have a more structured routine.

short term goals To only have 10 lbs to lose after labor day

long term goals To be at 140lbs before 2011

do you exercise? Yes I exercise by using the Wii, doing zumba and also some classes at the gym

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search