How are you going to the gym with a BF baby?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2010, 07:19 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Niema (and anyone else who goes to the gym), I noticed that you said you were going to the gym, so I was wondering what you were doing with your baby and BF'ing. Do you just pump and leave a bottle with hubby? How long do you stay at the gym? Do you ever take your baby with you? I know that the university's gym here has a daycare, but I wouldn't trust the students that run it, and DH isn't home till evening time, which is when Caleb eats the most.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't go to the gym, but Delaney eats every 3 hours or so. If I go somewhere without her I usually just leave her with DH and am back before the 3 hours is up. i've never run into a problem with it, I have some milk in the freezer if i'm not able to get home in time (it's never happened though.) I wouldn't worry about the students, if they are responsible enough to go to school and keep a job they can take care of kids, and besides these facilities are run by adults. I actually would prefer younger people taking care of Delaney because they are newer and haven't learned the shortcuts that older people have and they pick up babies when they cry faster. just my opinon.

go check out the daycare and see if it's clean and the kids are clean and happy and getting attention, if you don't feel comfortable with it, then don't use the daycare you will be worried the whole time you are working out.

6/15/13

Last edited by peaches84; June 20th, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
June 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I work and go to school so I have been leaving Grey with DH, my parents, other family, and friends since he was 5 days old. I pump on a daily basis so I always have milk in the fridge. DH and I take turns going to the gym a few days a week and he just feeds the baby expressed milk when I am not around.
June 21st, 2010, 08:02 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have pumped since Addisyn was 1 week old so the bottles are just already there for DH. I also now, since returning to work, go during my lunch break. Addisyn is already at daycare so I'm taking advantage of the time. It's easy to have a shake with protein powder then a whole sit down meal everyone else does at noon in my office. I am sitting most of the time; it feels great to move about at noon.
June 21st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I typically pump right before I leave work and then again right before bed so normally I dont have to worry about full boobies when I work out at a gym which is RIGHT when I get off work before I pick her up from the baby sitter. But when I dont go to the gym. I just work out when I get home after picking her up from the baby sitter.

My gym doesnt take babies til their 3 months anyway. But I think I'll be keeping up my routine of working out right after work b/c that leaves me with more time with her when I pick her up.
June 21st, 2010, 01:14 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I don't go to the gym for this reason. I just workout at home. There are baby/mommy videos you can get where you work out with your baby!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 21st, 2010, 05:22 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Beth, I've wondered about those! Caleb is already a good hefty 13 lbs or so, so I bet lifting him would be good exercise for my arms!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 21st, 2010, 07:09 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Hey, Krissy!
I dont pump anymore but sure wish I did. I get amost NO milk when pumping. I have a membership with LA Fitness and their Kidz club is neat and so clean. I workout with my BF and all four of my kids go with us. Michael eats every 2-3hrs so I make sure I feed him before leaving for the gym, it is only about a 10-15 min drive. I work out for about 1.5hrs and it takes me 15 minutes to shower there. They have a 2hr time limit for the Kidz club which is fine by me because I am whipped after 30-45min of cardio.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search