Derek Michael's Birth Story!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some of you may remember that I posted on Wednesday that I had a false alarm, I woke up on Wednesday to a lot of watery discharge, thought it was water that had broken. Had appt that day but they told me to come earlier. Turns out it wasnt water breaking. I got checked and was still 1 cm. Right after getting checked i started cramping. Lasted all evening, far apart though. At around 12:30 i decided i should call it a night, but contractions kept coming and kinda close together. When they came i couldnt just lay there, i kept squirming and didnt want to wake DH. So i went to living room, watched tv and would walk around when pain got bad.
This lasted all night, started timing at 2:30 and by 5:30 when i woke DH they were 5 mins apart. Called doc and she said to go ahead to hospital to get checked. I showered, put makeup on and took my time, pausing every 4 mins to pace, breathe, moan. Was so scared to go and get turned away. By the time i got to hospital contractions were about 3 mins apart and sooo painful. They checked me and still only 1 **** centimeter but 75% effaced. Doc said she'd send me home with some ambien so i could sleep and that because it was my first baby it might be a day or two before i went into REAL labor.
She left and nurses started process to get me out of there and suddenly i say "i just felt alot of discharge" they check and say "oh! Ur water broke, looks like you're staying". I was so happy to hear this, by that time contractions were so intense that i couldnt talk and would sometimes even moan or almost cry from pain, just awful. But because i was only 1 cm there was no way i was going to get pain relief yet. I got checked into a room and told to walk, i was miserable. Every 3 mins i got the most intense contractions, i seriously wanted to beg for a c section at that point, not even kidding, i just wanted it OvER. I also remember saying i wouldnt have another baby for 5 yrs and then saying i'd never have another one lol.
I got checked a while later and was almost 4 cm. Then i see nurse bring over a pitocin drip. They wanted to put me on a low dose. I had initially not wanted any interventions but at this point I really couldn't say no to something that might speed up what was a very painful process, but I was nervous about the pain and REALLY wanted pain relieft so I say to the nurse "I'm getting pitocin without an epidural?" I knew it would make my contractions more intense and i honestly didnt think i could handle that. They asked the doc and she ok'ed the epi. After that, it was heaven! I was able to rest , the contractions were non existent, i could talk, smile, and enjoy what was about to happen! I was checked later and was 7 cm, they up'ed the pitocin and at that point i could feel the contractions despite epi. It was an intense pressure in my bottom, like i had to take a massive poo ( should add that i had been offered an enema earlier and agreed because i was deathly afraid of pooping during childbirth, best decision ever!)
The contractions started getting more and more intense, i couldnt take pressure, all i wanted to do was poop. the nurses assured me that it wasn't poo, it was babies head. When doc checked me a while later i was 10 cm and ready to push!
My doc was great, she poured mineral oil all over and massaged around area to avoid tearing. I pushed for 45 mins and it felt great,lol. The tremendous urge to push only felt better when i pushed with all my might, and thank god for enemas, poop free! DH was all up in that area and i would've been mortified! I only needed one stitch on my labia, so happy for that! I thanked my doc for the mineral oil and massage, she saved my cooter!
Lol, i have really minimal discomfort and felt amazing right after! It was surreal when they placed him on my tummy, i couldnt believe he was mine. He cried at first then just looked around, stared at me, his daddy and my mom really intensely, lol, so sweet. He had his eyes open the whole time! He has a LoT of dark dark brown, almost black hair and his eyes are blue/gray. He is a great breastfeeder which I am thankful for. He is so small and sweet and i love the little guy! I am also so thrilled that labor is DONE! It was intense at first but worked out great in the end, i def dont regret chickening out and getting epi! My anesthesiologist was awesome and i thanked him profusely for making the experience enjoyable, lol!
Here are some pics of the little guy that were taken by the hospital photographer.

June 20th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy hair!!! congrats it sounds like it went smoothly!
June 20th, 2010, 10:50 PM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol, if i had a dollar for every hair comment!
I had the same amount of dark dark hair when I was born, sadly it fell out and I went through a bald phase, I hope his stays put!
June 20th, 2010, 11:44 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think majority of babies lose their hair. its sad. Im glad mine lost theirs though because their hair went blonde when it grew back lol!

June 21st, 2010, 05:53 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ha look at his hair! I thought Sam had a lot of hair but Derek beats him LOL!! congrats again! he is adorable!!
June 21st, 2010, 06:14 AM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww, so sweet!!!
July 3rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats he is beautiful! I love the pictures!
July 9th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love all his hair. Good job Mom!

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search