Log In Sign Up

Noelle Margaret's birth story

Forum: 2010 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2010, 09:47 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,288
Sorry I have taken so long to get this up. I started to write it all out last week, but got sidetracked...

So, I had gone in on Wednesday 6/9 for my regular weekly check up. My BP's were wacky once again, but after sitting for a few minutes came down a bit (but were still wacky). Per the doctor I still didn't quite meet the criteria for diagnosing pre-e, but he wanted to keep an even closer eye on me. I was to go in again Friday morning for a BP check, and if need be head to the hospital for a NST and another check Sunday afternoon while he was on call. I went home in a totally grumpy, pissy mood. My doctor was leaving for vacation in less than a week, my BP's were totally out of whack,I felt like garbage more than I didn't and now I was again going home and felt like I was going to be passed off to another doctor.

I worked all day Thursday like usual. Felt horrible, headache was worse, was seeing more spots than before and seriously contemplated having DH come pick me up from work that night because I wasn't sure if I should be driving.

Woke up Friday morning and got ready for my appointment as though I was going to be heading off to work after. DH and I were grumbling at what a waste of time it was to be heading all the way across town just to loose three hours of work each. But off we went... Got there, and BP was 156/98. 5 miutes later it was 145/85. With the second reading, I totally thought that I was going to have to head home yet again. The Dr. came in to talk to me and took my BP again after I walked just 10 feet down the hall to the bathroom and it was back up to 157/95. So he could see that activity - any activity was increasing BP's significantly. I gave him the list of my complaints and he said the magic words - "I think it's time to just send you over to the hospital and get this baby out and your BP's back to normal".

Well since Dh and I were both pretty convinces that morning that we would be sent home, we didn't bring anything with us. So we stopped at home before heading to the hospital. We got there around 11, and they had me checked in and started on an IV by noon. The Dr. had originally planned to come and break my water around 12:30, but was called into a C-section, so they started pitocin around 1pm.

The afternoon was a pretty boring and uneventful one. Pitocin was increased about every 20-30 minutes, and the contractions while regular weren't really all that painful at all. At about 6pm, the nurse said that the Dr. was on his way in and would break my water when he got there. Hopefully that would speed things up, and if not then they would turn off the pit for the night and start again in the morning.

Dr. arrived at about 6:30, checked my cervix and I had gone from 2.5com and 75% effaced to 4cm and totally effaced on one side and about 80% on the other. He broke my water and was surprised at the amount of fluid that I had. He expected that things would move quickly from that point and instructed the nurse to call him when I was 7cm. He wasn't officially on call that night, but was going to come back and deliver me himself (yay!!! I love my dr.).

Just like he thought, things did move quickly from that point. The first contraction after breaking my water was totally intense. The nurse was still in the room and asked if it was epi time, and i said definately. If things were going to be moving that quickly I didn't want to miss my window of opportunity. The anestesiologist came in and did the epi shortly after. It took two trys, as the first attempt was slightly off center and he wanted to ensure more exact placement. The epi took the pain away from the contractions, but I was still having pretty intense pressure in my girly parts.

At about 8:00 the nurse checked me and I was at 7 cm. She paged the doctor and began setting up the room for delivery. The Dr. arrived at about 8:30, got all set. When he checked me at that point, he said that baby was in the right postition, but needed to be turned so that her little hace wasn't sideways. He tried to turn one way and she wouldn't budge (breif moment of panic for me there), but then he tried to turn her the other direction and the went just fine. According to DH it was quite a sight to see the Dr. perform this task manually and internally.

I started pushing at about 9:00. A few sets of pushes and 16 minutes later, Noelle Margaret was born. 6 pounds 8 ounces, and 20 inches long. (Can I tell you how glad I am that she wasn't in there another 3 weeks to gain another 3 pounds!) She was put on my chest immediately, but was having a bit of trouble coughing up what she had swallowed in the birth process. They took her to the bassinet in the room and suctioned quite a lot of fluid from her stomach and got her all cleaned up. She hardly cried at all, just a little wimper here or there when they rolled her over and such.

Noelle is a great baby. Only cries when she is hungry or really sleepy. Sleeps well, about 3-4 hours at night and at least one 3-4 hour stretch during the day (usually in the morning). Daddy is completely around her little finger already

Reply With Quote
June 22nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,245
Sounds like the labor went pretty smoothly. Congrats and I love the name!

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

Reply With Quote
June 23rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
leahmariv's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 707
awe what a great birth story she is so cute! congrats!
Reply With Quote
July 3rd, 2010, 05:38 AM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,716
she is gorgeous!

Me: 28 DH: 34 DS: 10 DD: born 14th June 2010 3 angels 11/00. 07/08. 01/09

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0