Levi Carter's surprise father's day arrival

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Veteran
I got up sat morning an began doing some housework. After the SO gets up he decides he is gonna go take care off a few errands before the work week starts. When the DD gets up I decide to watch a few disney movies with her. The SO calls to say he is gonna go pick up a friend to come hang out for a bit. So I start doing some more housework and take the DD outside for a bit. The SO shows up with his friend and says they have decided to go swimming. I wanna go to. Ya see I've been staying around the house for several days now cuz I'm past my due date and didn't want to be out when something happened. I get my bathing suit on and go out to the car. They want me to drive. The friend say we should go to this new pool in the next county over becuz its so nice and he will pay everyones way in. Its about 30-40 min away. Its about 4pm and we are headed out. All the sudden I start to get a contraction. Let me mind u that with my DD I was in labor for 28 hrs total. The first 8 hrs I wasn't in pain just some added pressure on my pelvic born. So when that first contraction came I just thought it must be b/h so I keep on driving without saying anything. About 20 min later I get another. So I think well maybe it this bathing suit. It is just a bit too tight. And again I keep driving. About 15 later I get another and think the water will help. I'm swimming when I realize they arw starting to get closer and stronger. So I inform the SO this maybe it. I had 3 in about a span of 10 mins so we get our stuff together and leave for the hosp. Once I'm in the car (SO driving) and start timing them. They are about 3 min apart, and beginnig to get really strong.

We get to the hosp and they get me to a room, and check me. I'm 3cm, 80%, and station 0. So I figure just like with my DD I ould be here for a while. Probably over night waiting again. It was only 8p. Around 10 the contractions were actually starting to hurt and no progress. So I ask for the epi so I could get some rest before I have to start pushing. I get it. Around 12a I have the nurse flip me. While doing so the babies heart monitor comes loose so she has to fix it and decides to check me as well. She starts checking me when she says hunny I'm sure u are ready. I'm like really are u sure or are u just pulling my leg. She says no I'm pretty sure your water is bulging out. So I'm like ohhh well u will probably have to break it cuz they had to with my DD. She says ohhh no worries dear I did that already while trying to check u. The baby has had a bm so when u start pushing the doc will have u stop once the head is out, so he can suction him then u can push him out. But then they will have to take the baby to the nursery right away and monitor him for a bit before u can have him. So I'm alil upset but I know its for the best so I try not to let it get to me and just make sure I get my baby out safely. Doc comes in and explains this to me again. Its now 1a and I start pushing. Levi Carter Lainhart was born at 110a on 6/20/10 (fathers day). He weighed 7lbs even and was 20 3/4 inches long. Lots of black hair (which amazed me cuz the DD was bald until she was two). They let me hold him for about 3 min before taking him to the nursey. I finally got him back just before 5a. I am bf and he latched right to me and has done wonderfully. It is now tues and we have made it home. He passed all his checks in the hosp. And is doing great. Ahhhh I'm so glad everything went well in the end and we are now home safe and sound with our family.

MALINA JONES, MOMMA TO 3.
TAYLOR VICTORIA-9
ALYSSA CHEYENNE-4
LEVI CARTER-born 6/20/2010. His fathers day suprise
June 23rd, 2010, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Congrats!!

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12