Depressing day at the gym...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2010, 05:23 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
So, I wanted to post my stats in the "Calculators Helpful" thread and decided to get my body fat precentage checked. Well, it was the wrong thing to do because I almost had a heartattack!! Not only am I off the charts, I am 4 points from being clinically obese!! I measured 31% body fat!!
I absolutely disgust myself!! I dont know why Im so shocked, I havent been fit since having my 3rd child. Im so jiggly you might as well call me flubber.
My health is HORRIBLE!! I've always been so focused with the number on the scale I've never really taken the time to measure my bodyfat. My long term goal has always been to tone and gain a little muscle mass because I am seriously lacking it. It is definately time to start focusing on me. I pig out when Im pregnant and I deserve every excruciating workout session that I have coming.
I weighed myself today and I am 188lbs, so 2lbs lighter then I was last week. Im sure I lost inces too because my pants fit sooooo much better and my shirts are looser around my midsection whereas at first I was squeezing myself in.
I wanted to post pics but I feel so down right now.
June 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Tiny Loves
I'm sorry. I meant for them to be motivation and to help track progress.

June 24th, 2010, 08:31 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
^^^Trust me, It has motivated me even more. Not only am I looking to lose the weight, Im trying to get healthier. It has stirred me away from all of those uneccessary foods with unhealthy fats for sure.
June 24th, 2010, 10:03 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Yeah, BMI's suck. Looking skinny isn't the cure for all unhealthy body habits, as a woman weighing 120 could have a BMI of 36%. Lowering one's BMI is definitely the better way to go when it comes to tracking progress, since the number on a scale doesn't always mean you're getting fitter. So, I'm happy for you that you learned your BMI! Even though it makes you feel crappy now, it gives you an accurate knowledge of where you're at now, and so when you start exercising and gaining muscle, you can know that you're getting stronger and healthier by following you're BMI progress.

I know that my BMI was 35% in high school, and by the time I graduated (I'd started increasing my activity by a lot, but not dieting a whole ton), I was down to 26%. That was about 2.5 years ago, though, so I have no idea where I'm at now! I'll have to get checked again!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 24th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Tiny Loves
Just wanted to point out really quick BMIs are not the same as Body Fat. A girl weighing 120 can't have a BMI of 36 unless she's like 4 foot 5 or close to it. But she can have a body fat percentage of that.

June 24th, 2010, 10:53 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Oh, woops! LoL. I was reiterating something that my gym teacher had told us (clear back in 9th grade, lol), so I was bound to mess up something.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search