Exercise of the Day - Weekly schedule!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2010, 08:25 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
If you're an already in-shape individual, feel free to increase any of the exercise sets. Just remember to not start out with a bang!

This weekly schedule should be repeated for 2 weeks (until 7/19/10), at which point some of the exercise sets will increase in number as we all get stronger and healthier. I've set up an asterisk system so that you can switch up your exercises with ones from the key at the bottom of this post. Cardio exercises are indicated by 1 asterisk, and strength exercises are indicated by 2 asterisks.

Remember to drink lots of water, especially if you're BF'ing!

Monday:
~30-40 minutes of cardio*
~2 sets of 8 push-ups**
~2 sets of 10 crunches**

Tuesday:
~Relax day! This is a good day to still stay active by doing some house chores.

Wednesday:
~2 sets of 10 knee-to-elbow crunches**
~2 sets of 10 push-ups**

Thursday:
~20 leg lunges (10 per leg)**
~10 squats**

Friday:
~Relax day!

Saturday:
~3 counts of wall presses**
~20 leg lunges (10 per leg)**

Sunday:

Asterisk Key: I've tried to explain these exercises, but if you're still unsure how to do them, Google and Youtube will be your best friends! You don't need any gym equipment to perform these exercises, which is why I like them.

*Brisk walking with stroller or baby carrier

*Alternating jogging/walking (5 min walking, 3 min jogging, 5 min walking, 3 min jogging, etc)

*Dancing (Zumba dancing, belly dancing, generic pop dancing, etc)

*Bicycling

*Swimming

*Running/jogging

*Hiking

**Crunches (lower back doesn't leave the floor; only shoulders and head lift up as ab muscles are contracted. Make sure you don't pull on your head; keep your neck straight!)

**Push-ups (either floor push-ups, in which case you keep your back and buttocks in a straight line; or wall push-ups, in which case your feet are about 2 feet from the wall, arms shoulder-width apart)

**Knee-to-elbow crunches (the small of your back doesn't leave the floor, as you alternate between bringing your right knee to your left elbow, and your left knee to your right elbow)

**Lunges (take a big step forward with one leg, and then squat down, making sure your knee doesn't go past the tip of your toe)

**Squats (stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, toes pointed forward, and then steadily lower your buttocks until your legs form 90 degree angles to the floor)

**Wall press (This is really good for strengthening your triceps, or underarm. Stand about 2 feet from the wall, and then press your palms against the wall at shoulder-height. Then push against the wall as if you're trying to move it. Hold this pressure for a count of 20 seconds. Believe me, it doesn't sound hard, but your arms will hurt after a few reps!)

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Last edited by krissy1989; July 2nd, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
June 25th, 2010, 08:58 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I was just thinking we could do something like this as a weekly sticky! If someone wants to put together a week's worth of work-outs we can sticky it and check in on that thread all week as we complete each day's work out.

These are great challenges Krissy! Easy enough to start out, but enough to get you moving! Love it
June 26th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been doing the walking daily - but now need to start adding more! Thanks Krissy, I am going to accept this challenge!

June 26th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I did it! I've been walking everyday - so that wasn't a biggie. but I was able to do the push ups and did more than the 2 sets of 15 crunches. But ouch! I haven't worked my abs since I found out I was pregnant!

June 26th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I'm definitely all for doing more if you're able to! But don't start out too fast!

Quote:
I was able to do the push ups and did more than the 2 sets of 15 crunches. But ouch! I haven't worked my abs since I found out I was pregnant!
Like you, I used to be able to do like 40 crunches easily before pregnancy (crunches are harder than sit-ups, which is why I picked them, since they accomplish more). But now we have to keep in mind that our bodies have been through a lot, so I don't want to make my abs go through too much at once. I want to build up gradually.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did everything, but added extra pushups and crunches!

June 27th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Updated for Sunday. If anyone wants to add exercise ideas, feel free!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Tiny Loves
Doubled it, but did it! Heck yeah!

June 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Okay, did it! I'm a late exerciser. It's the only time of the day where I can have some time to myself, as I usually stay busy all day. I chose to dance (to System of a Down, wooo!!), since it poured down rain today.

Also, I'm updating for Monday.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 28th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Tiny Loves
I have a helpful tip! If you want to wear your kiddo during wall push ups or the lunges, it adds weight or in other words resistance... Just wearing the baby while standing works your back and abs because the effort it takes not to slouch!!!

June 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM
That's a great idea! Let's all incorporate our LO's into as many of our exercises as we can!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 28th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Veteran
dancing is great!! I had this really thin friend and she said she is constantly dancing whenever she was at home... its fun with the kiddos too..
June 29th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Up for Tuesday. Sorry for the lag, people. I don't feel well today, and Caleb had an appt. I think that two relax days a week (but not in a row) are great, especially if you haven't worked out in a while and need time to build up slowly. So, I'm thinking that two days of exercise, followed by one relax day, is good, if everyone agrees.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 29th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Tiny Loves
I definitely needed a "relax day". I did Jillian Micheal's No More Trouble Zones yesterday and can hardly bend my legs today walking this morning was a ******!

June 29th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I have a Jillian Michaels DVD, as well. Even when I was in a lot better shape than I am now, it was a killer, so I don't think I'm quite ready for her yet. lol

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 30th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Wednesday is up.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
July 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
Sorry I lagged, people. I guess I'm not good at being responsible for things like daily exercise schedules. *sigh* Well, I guess today was just a "relax" day. I hope you did better than me with the eating healthy! I had a candy bar and steak.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
July 2nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Tiny Loves
Steak is okay Krissy! You need extra protein to help build and heal those muscles from working out! I have a funsize candy bar everyday!

July 2nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
I revised and edited! It's easier to make a weekly schedule---I don't know why I didn't just do this from the start.

If this could be made a sticky so that we don't have to constantly bump it up, that would be great!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
July 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Requesting a sticky now

Thanks Krissy! These are awesome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search