Jaelynn's Birth Story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2010, 06:56 PM
ma9321's Avatar Veteran
Jaelynn Anneliese Born 6/23/2010 weighing 6 lbs 13 oz, 19 3/4 inches long

Okay, so i'm going to make this short since i've been extremely busy!

I was scheduled to be induced on the 23rd (early morning) So I'm supposed to be at the hospital on the 22nd at nine pm. SO picked me up and we get the the hospital. Even though we were excited, we were both on the nervous side. I finally get checked in and I get shown to my room. They start setting my bed up and monitors and all that good stuff. I get a cervical check and I'm barely at a 1 1/2 centimeters. I was a bit bummed. They nurse informed me that she was going to put in my IV cause she was gonna start the antibiotics that night because I tested positive for GBS. I hate IV's, so i was already cringing at the thought.
She finally got started and failed at the first try... blood went gushing everywhere. I was mad.... not at her, but at the fact that my veins suck and they always have trouble putting them in. So she got me all cleaned up and my arm freakin hurt. She went for a second try and succeeded. I was glad.. but it still hurt like hell. Anyhow... finally, the dr came in to see me and I was told they were going to start me on cervidil to ripen my cervix. Okay, I don't remember it hurting that much with all my other inductions. she was not being gentle at all. When it was all said and done, it was just past midnight.
I had contractions off and on all night but nothing regular. I tried to sleep but I was too anxious and the baby kept moving and coming off the monitors. I finally got a nap in around 4ish in the morning. I was still having contractions but again, nothing regular. I was woken up at 6 to get checked... i was at 4 centimeters, so they broke my water. I started getting more contractions and they were becoming a little painful. I was trying to go without an epi... so I kept breathing through them and changing positions. At 7:30am my pitocin was started. My contractions started to get stronger and regular. I got checked again close to 9am and I was at 5-6 centimeters. I asked for the epi. They kicked SO out of the room so they could place the epi and told him to come back in 20-25 mins. They placed it and it was checked and they left. Not even five minutes later I started to feel pressure. They left my nurse call button on the floor and I could not reach it. I got worried cause I deliver really quick.. so I finally got to the call button and called the nurse. I told her I felt pressure and she told me that I probably just needed to pee. I told her, "no, this baby is coming" So she checked me and I was complete. I told her to go Call SO and the doctor. SO finally got there and the doctor showed up before they even broke the bed. Everyone was running around like chickens with no heads. THe doctor put my legs up in stirrups and was waiting for everyone to get everything ready... then she said, "woah, here she comes!!" Her head popped out on it's own and she told me to give a small push to push her shoulders out. The baby cried right away, nice and loud. SUch a beautiful sound! She was born at 9:35 am. Needless to say, the epi did not have time to work. I was able to move around right away which was awesome. I also had no tears nor was I sore. I am VERY thankful for such an easy and fast delivery.

Last edited by ma9321; June 28th, 2010 at 06:59 PM.
June 28th, 2010, 08:29 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
woah that was a fast delivery! WTG!! she is adorable and you look wonderful! congrats!
June 28th, 2010, 11:06 PM
ma9321's Avatar Veteran
Thank You! I am sooo in love with her already! Motherhood is awesome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search