When do you workout?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2010, 08:20 AM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
I'm trying to figure out when would be best to work out since now I'm just doing it when I can. If it's during the day I have to split it up since Ashlyn wakes up in the middle of it usually. at night I'm usually too exhausted to workout.

so when do you guys usually get a workout in?

July 2nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually walk first thing after Jed wakes up. Once I go back to work I will probably go to the gym right when I get off work (I am a teacher so my day ends at 2:30) and work out before I pick up Jed from day care. That way I still have several hours of "awake" time with him before I have to put him to bed.

July 2nd, 2010, 08:27 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
The best time to work out is in the morning, since it kind of jumpstarts your metabolism. In that book What You Don't Know Might Be Killing You, he says that you burn approx 10% more calories for a few hours after exercising. However, with a baby, I find that the only time I can ever exercise uninterrupted is late in the evening, after he's laid down for the night. But I figure that exercising at 11 p.m. is better than not exercising at all!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
July 2nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
I try to get on the treadmill during Ashlyn's first nap which is usually around 11. I didn't today though. It's just not my day. I probably won't even work out today

but it's good to know about morning workouts. I would wake up before Ashlyn but since she has to share a bed with me for now, I can't leave her unattended. I get crappy sleep at night since I'm so worried she'll fall off.

July 2nd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Tiny Loves
Once Mr. Man wakes for the day and we nurse and get changed we go for at the minimum a 20 minute brisk walk. Then during his first nap (11-2) I do my 30 minutes video, hop in the shower, then eat!

July 2nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll go for a walk with the girls in the morning or afternoon. Sometimes I work out if they're both napping at the same time. Most days I end up waiting until DH is home from work and can watch them.

July 2nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I go to the gym at around 8-9am and Im home by 12:30pm most days. I only work out for 1.5hrs.
July 2nd, 2010, 12:13 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I workout in the evening, either a walk with the family or a home workout.

July 11th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I work out as soon as I get off of work right before I pick up Lani.

For me the best time to work out is not in the morning because I have no energy. I tried doing 10 pushups in the morning for a few mornings, I only made it to about 8. When I did it in the afternoon, I was able to do 20 non stop.

I typically work out for 30min to an hour. On my 30 min days, I hop on the treadmill and run a mile, then I get on the rowing machine for about 10 minutes. On my 1 hour days, I attend a class (either Body Pump or Cardio Strength Intervals)
July 12th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work out mid-morning. DH is doing nights right now so I try and go while Brynlee's down for her 1st nap so that he can study but still be there for her if she needs something. I have been running almost everyday for the past week for about 30 minutes on the treadmill. I live in AL and the heat is disgusting, so I can't physically run outside, which sucks. It makes it harder to motivate myself to run on the treadmill. I need some scenery lol!

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search