Baby J's birth story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
On Tuesday, June 29th, I had an appt. with my ob. I was two days overdue and I had increasingly high blood pressure/swelling, so she decided I would have to be induced. She set the date for that Thursday, July 1st.

The evening of the 29th, I started feeling contractions around 5:30pm while we were making dinner. I assumed it was false labor again (I had false labor 2-3 times in the week leading up to then), but it felt a little different this time. While we were eating, I joked about how it would be funny if this was the real thing, but we just dismissed it and after dinner, we brought Leah to the park to play for a while. During that time, I walked around (walking made the contractions from my other false labors go away). But this time, they got more intense and closer together. I suddenly realized this was probably the real thing. We rushed home, called my aunt and uncle to come pick up Leah and quickly finished packing.

By the time my aunt and uncle showed up 30 mins later, my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and DH was freaking out, convinced I would have the baby in the car. We got to the hospital at 9, they told us I was at 4cm and got me set up in my room. I had my epidural at 10:30, the doctor broke my water at 11 and then we waited.

Around 1am, the epidural started to wear off. The nurse came in and increased the amount I was getting and gave me a shot of something else (I can't remember what). She checked me and said that I was at 6 cm and that I had forewaters, but that they felt like they would burst at any moment.

Around 2:15am, the forewaters did break. There was a pop and a big gush of liquid. The nurse came in, said I was at 8.5cm. She told me to call her back when I was ready to push. I didn't know how I would just know I was ready to push, especially since the epidural was working again, but she assured me I would know.

Sure enough, at 2:40am, I felt a STRONG urge to push, the epidural did nothing to help with the pain anymore. The nurse and doctor came in, told me to go ahead and push as much as I needed. It was insane, feeling his head come down and out and then the rest of his body. I don't remember that from my first time at all. On June 30th, at 2:54am, I was holding my baby.

I had a minor second degree tear (a piece of cake compared to the third degree tear I got with DD) and lost quite a lot of blood (the nurse told me that redheads tend to lose a lot of blood). Otherwise, it was a perfect labor.
July 9th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on the birth of James. Sounds like you had a good labor.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search