Log In Sign Up

Johnathon's 22 hour natural birth story!

Forum: 2010 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2010, 01:11 PM
hey there elizabeth's Avatar Johnathon's Mommy<3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 553
Login | Facebook

On June 4th, 2010 I woke up at 6:50 AM to my water breaking, not just a little but GUSHING. I ran up the stairs to tell my mom, call my boyfriend(Marty) and make breakfast, so here I am, hoping around in a towel diaper crossing my legs, trying to cook eggs. LOL
Marty arrived at about 7:20 wide eyes and bushy tailed LOL Freaking out.
My mom was just happy she got off work... ANYWAY, my mom left to go do something, not sure what, and I labored at home with marty for a few hours.
I rocked on my birth ball, stayed hydrated, and was all around pretty excited.
The contractions got more intense and silly me, I called my doula around noon.
She arrived around one, and so did my bestfriend (Joan). Joan & Marty left to get party hats and snacks, and I labored away with my doula & mom. The contractions were very consistant at 3 mins apart and one minute long. It was getting pretty painful, I could find a way to sit, so I went out side. I sat on my deck in the sunlight and let my water poor all over the deck steps. LOL seriously. I was alone outside just meditating, trying to relax, and I fell asleep, so my mom and doula proped me up with a pillow LOL (I was sitting on the steps leaning against the rail). Then at around 3:30 It got pretty bad, so I decided to go to a party and walk. (my doula who is BFing, had to go home and nurse too) so Marty, mom, Joan and I went for a nice long walk, (one mile long actually.) down a trail.

It was starting to really progress (or so I thought) so we headed to the hospital. On arrival I was in and out of meditation (labor land) and holy **** contractions. I got checked and was at 5cm (they didnt tell tho, I asked not to know) But my labor stalled, and for the next few hours I labor on the birth ball, In the shower, doing pelvic rocks (He was posterior) and having HORRIBLE back labor. But Marty stayed at my side every minute of it, and my doula coached me and massaged me, and I tried to progress. at 7pm, it was 12 hours since my water broke and they wanted to start the pitocin, I refused, and we asked for a few more hours, My midwife obliged.
I labored and labored, and labored some more, while marty & joan fed me wendys between contractions, and my mom fed me skittles. LOL
I was so exhausted by the end I would fall asleep between contractions.
at around midnight, I was finally at 7cm. (once again they didn't tell me)
But they were really wanting to push the pitocin, so I got my *** up, and marty, doula, mom & I walked the Labor & delivery unit In hopes of it picking up speed.
By this point I was so exhausted I could barely talk, So my mom acutally FORCED my boyfriend to do the nipple stimulation for the next few hours.
(drs didnt know, they would have been pissed because "it endangers the baby" from the contractions getting stronger...well ok *** is PITOCIN) Anyway...
Contractions picked up BADDD, I was actually smack his hand away during contractions because I really was getting to want to give up. Then I started shaking, I was freezing cold, and sweating and I started feeling like I was being split in two...I told marty I cant do this!! and he encouraged me that I could (he started crying tho at this point seeing me in so much pain)
and my doula started getting me to say "yesss" to the contractions and things just started going!
they check me at about 4 and I was at 9cm.

my little man was born completely natural, without IV, pitocin, epidural, or any kind of pain meds, at 5:06am June 5th. & I caught him with my midwife's consent.
It was beautiful! The cord was so tight around his neck, my midwife was surprised his heartrate stayed the same. (I think if I had gotten pitocin he wouldnt been able to handle the contractions, so I saved myself a c section! and the epi would have stalled my labor horribly)

but at the end of it, it was so worth it.
He was born, surrounded by love & I was surrounded by support.
Next time tho, my boyfriend (hopefully husband by then) has agreed to do a homebirth! which is what I wanted in the first place. L

^^ Thanks Niamh!!!<3

Reply With Quote
July 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,933
You did wonderfully...all natural. I admire that. Good job.
Sharon - Mom to Theresa, Harvey,& Sarah

My Ovulation Chart
Reply With Quote
July 11th, 2010, 06:56 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,915
good job!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0