Couch to 5k? Any takers?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I am going to do the Couch to 5K program starting next week (pending an OK from my OB).

I plan to run a 5K in Dec.

I'm not new to running by any means, I am a former triathelete... I've done a 1/2 marathon and many 5k runs, I plan on running again, It really helped me get my weight off and keep it off.

Anyone Care to Join?
July 13th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Veteran
I am interested... I am not that new to running, but I have never ran in a race of any kind. I was running quite a bit when I found out I was pregnant with the twins, and then due to my past pg history, I quit anything stenuous. I do think that it has helped me loose a lot of the weight. My girls are a little over 2 weeks old and I was able to get into (and be comfy) pre-pregnant shorts last night. I don't know when my OB will release me, I go for my 4 week check-up on 7/27. What is the couch to 5k challenge? I love being fit and how much better I feel physically and mentally when I am in shape

Mommy to 5 awesome kiddos, Codi-11, Kevin-10 & DJ-8, Mylyn & McKynlee born 6/27/10

Children are a heritage of the Lord
Psalm 123:7
July 13th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH and I were thinking about doing a 5K in the spring, but walking. Would this qualify?

My Ovulation Chart
July 13th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I'm not new to running. I ran cross country track in high school, but I really do not LIKE running all that much, but Im willing to give it a try! I'd love to be able to run a couple miles... just trying to figure out HOW to do all that with this darn csection recovery..Its been 8 weeks and when I do any type of jump movement it feels wierd..... :/

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

July 14th, 2010, 04:57 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmm I hate running LOL but I just started, well jogging anyway. I always say I want to run a 5K but I am not sure I can commit, is there an actual plan or something?
July 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM
♥susan♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had just started this before getting preggo so yes, I am up for trying it again!
July 15th, 2010, 07:20 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I got hooked on this a year and a half ago, then went on to the one-hour runner program. I don't know if I want to get into running 3 miles again, it just depends on time. I do plan on continuing to jog, as I did today, but just not necessarily for longer distances.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 21st, 2010, 09:24 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I downloaded a Couch 2 5k app for my iphone! I'm in!
July 22nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the idea of couch to 5k but i don't have the patience. I feel like I can get to 5k way sooner! But who knows if I actually can.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search