time to get my butt in gear!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2010, 04:12 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I hadn't started posting in this forum yet because I hadn't yet started a set workout routine or a plan to lose weight. I've finally decided I had to get going because I'm still holding on to the same weight I was 2 weeks pp. Ugh! So I had decided that I would start working out on Maonday...then Monday came and I didn't find the time. I knew I had to figure something out or else I'd just keep making excuses.

So this morning, I had my first real workout since having Melodie. I feel great! (patting myself on the back) I gave Melodie a bottle around 5:45 and put her back down. I started thinking to myself that I should get up and go for a walk when DH gets up and get my workout done with first thing in th morning, so I did. I went for a walk around the block with the dog at 6:30 while DH got ready for work and that way if Didi woke up he'd be there. After that I did some exercises in my living room and when I was done I took a short shower and made myself a good breakfast. So now it's exactly 8:00am and I'm done my workout, had a shower and ate breakfast. I think fitting that into my morning schedule and starting my day with some me time is the best way for me to go about it.

So I'm officially on board the weight loss train. Here are my first set of rules I've given myself and a goal to start off with (if I start out with too many goals, I'll just let myself down...)

1- workout at least 4 times a week
2- start drinking my 2L of water a day
3- eat breakfast everyday

My goal is to lose 10 lbs before labor day weekend, which is in 8 weeks. Hopefully I can lose it even faster, but at least I think that's a realistic short term goal if my body decides to cooperate. I'll weigh myself every friday and let you know about my progress. I weighed myself on Monday, so I'll use that as my starting weight. Wish me luck!

July 14th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yayyy on starting a work out routine. I couldnt wait to get back to work b/c it is easier for me to start a routine if I already have a routine in place for something else. For a few weeks prior to me starting work, I was at the same weight. After I went back to work, b/c I was up and more active and not just sleeping my life away, I started losing weight. Averaging a pound a week for now. Been back at work for 6 weeks and have already lost 8 lbs.

I hope the same happens for you
July 14th, 2010, 05:43 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great Chel! I hope the same happens for me! I used to love working out in the morning, but the past 2 years I sort of stopped because I had to get up at 5:30 to go to work ( and especially while pg, that was a huge effort in itself), so it was not even an option to get up any earlier to workout. But now, I have until May at least that I can work out nice and early again...but when I go back to work,I'll have to figure out a new plan. Lots of time before then though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search