Excited!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2010, 09:52 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been avoiding this subforum b/c I just wasn't ready to commit to a healthy lifestyle. I'm generally very all or nothing - I am either doing great, and sticking to weight watchers 100% or I'm just binge eating. Well, I've been binge eating. I lost all of my pregnancy weight within weeks of giving birth and have been putting it on ever since. Especially with BFing, I am just craving sweets like nobody's business!

Anyway, DH and I decided we were going to commit to weight watchers and join a gym. We had been on FIL's gym membership and really enjoying it but he didn't renew it and we didn't have the money for it. But now that we do we're going to join up and I really like taking the classes, so I'm pretty excited.

To make this even better -- DH's job has started a weight loss pool... every week they contribute ten bucks and weigh-in and at the end of 3 months whoever has lost the biggest percentage gets the money -- which will be over a thousand! So that's great motivation both at home and at work for him to stick to it... and his commitment will make it so much easier on me!

So expect for me to start posting a lot in here, even if I'm mostly just posting to myself, lol.

July 20th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I hope you do great and Ben wins that money! I can relate. I too had lost all my baby weight within 3 weeks of having Major and I weighed myself yesterday and I weighed the same I did on the day I had him. I knew I was creeping up but I had been telling myself I wouldn't let myself get past a certain threshold and I did. So I am going to start eating healthier too. I really, really don't wanna be a fat Mom.

Good luck to us!

Major
July 20th, 2010, 10:43 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well as much as I hate that you're in a similar boat, I'm glad I'm not alone. I was all excited that the weight just magically dropped off, and was hoping that with BFing even more would just melt away. Guess not. My dream is to be one of those people who can eat whatever they want and be skinny... and I was really hoping this was my chance to eat like a real fatty and get away with it. (I'm saying all of this while eating chinese food for breakfast, btw) ... DH wants to eat bad up until weigh in tomorrow, and I'm on board with that even though its not doing me any good.

So yeah, expect a lot of posts outta me starting tomorrow/thurs! I'd love it if you joined in!

July 20th, 2010, 12:11 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Yay Shannon! Good luck to you and Ben!

July 23rd, 2010, 07:15 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Good luck to you and your hubby!! The $$$ would be a huge motivation for me!! I really need to work on losing more weight too.. I still have about 17 lbs to go!

July 30th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Weight loss pool...what a great idea!!! Maybe I should start one too...with DH and I and who ever wins the money at the end can blow it off on whatever they want. lol

Good luck to you and Ben and KUP (and hopefully motivated too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1110 View Post
Congrats! I hope you do great and Ben wins that money! I can relate. I too had lost all my baby weight within 3 weeks of having Major and I weighed myself yesterday and I weighed the same I did on the day I had him. I knew I was creeping up but I had been telling myself I wouldn't let myself get past a certain threshold and I did. So I am going to start eating healthier too. I really, really don't wanna be a fat Mom.

Good luck to us!
I don't want to be one either!!

I refuse to buy clothes a size bigger. Not that I will force myself in tight clothes but I will wear things that force me to tuck in my tummy a bit but at the same time aren't stitched to my body. This way it keeps reminding me that I have lots of nice clothes i'd love to be able to comfortably fit in soon.

I'm also still trying to wear the PP belt on a regular basis, mostly for back support, but I've noticed it keeps my tummy muscles tight and feels like a work out.

Last edited by Heaven; July 30th, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
July 31st, 2010, 07:16 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!! I've been trying to lose weight as well after Colin was born. I did really good for awhile and I lost 23 pounds. Then, my oldest son got out of school for the summer and I've been to the gym maybe 4 times. And recently, my husband and I got on our "vacation" eating routine and never really stopped. I've gained 2 pounds back, suprisingly not more. I told him that after we get back from the beach next week that we ARE starting back going to the gym and eating better. He just started working 3rd shift from home so hopefully with him being here and seeing him go, he'll push me to go with him. And I told him no more sweets, fried foods, and fatty crap. It's SOOOOOOO much easier to do it when your husband is doing it with you. I've tried to lose weight probably 10 times in the past 6 1/2 years we've been together and when he finally started doing it with me is when I finally stuck to it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search