Clothes shopping

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2010, 09:04 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I am 7 weeks pp and I went clothes shopping tonight. I found three cute shirts, two cute tanks, and a cute dress....I felt like I looked like myself in them, flattering, ect. However, I tried on three pair of pants in my prepregnancy size. They didn't fit, not even close (like an inch away from buttoning. But I could see my legs looked good in them, and fit, and looked flattering. However, I refuse to buy a size up because of pride, and honestly I have only exercised about a week so isn't it too soon to say what size I will be? Esp. since everything else looks close to its original size except my bulging middle. I am going to do situp like crazy for the next two weeks and try the same pants on again then to see if it is any better. Anyways, anyone been clothes shopping and notice most is normal sized except the very middle of their body?
July 20th, 2010, 10:44 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope I'm fat all over. Lucky you! Lol
July 21st, 2010, 05:17 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^Oh Cina you crack me up! I am sure you are not fat!

to answer the original question yes! I am at prepreggo weight but my prepreggo pants do not fit right at all, I can button them but I look like a stuffed sausage and no one wants to look like sausage LOL....my hips are wider I hate it! I started running last week but I seriously hate running! the only thing that keeps me running is picturing myself looking like a sausage I used to be able to just weight train and walk and be good to go but I think I need to jumpstart the cardio which is why I am running, I might get that Insanity DVD set too, that looks crazy hard! but I want to try it!
July 21st, 2010, 10:24 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I am close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but up 2-3 sizes. My body is NOT my friend right now, but people keep telling me how great I look (which I do not think so at all!!).
I have been doing hand weights since like 2 weeks pp and recently started jogging again and doing ab workouts.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad I am not alone in this, but I really hope we can fix our stomachs! This is RIDICULOUS!
July 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been shopping, but I have pulled out the pre=pregnancy work clothes since I go back next tuesday. Tops fit for the most part, but pants just don't quite look right. The middle is still bulging and I am pretty sure that my rear end and hips have grown, but I am down a little past my pre-pregnancy weight. I guess it will just take more time for those parts that stretched to get back to normal. UGH!
July 21st, 2010, 06:46 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel you sister! I have like no core strength and look like mush around the middle. It's really hard to even look at all of my pp clothes. So much so I end up at Dairy Queen which for me kinda sucks It's right next door!

July 21st, 2010, 07:43 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitabout View Post
I feel you sister! I have like no core strength and look like mush around the middle. It's really hard to even look at all of my pp clothes. So much so I end up at Dairy Queen which for me kinda sucks It's right next door!
I love DQ! I don't have one anywhere near me, thank goodness!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search