Constipation or Braxton Hicks or Both? Help in pain

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Kholmes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay ladies,
I'm dying over here. I keep having that tightening feeling in my whole belly area and I feel like I have to poop....but nothing is coming out! Well, I shouldn't say nothing, but I've had two very small hard bowel movements in the last two days. Not enough =( I want to drink something to make me poop LOL. I guess the pain could be Braxton Hicks too? I never had them, well not noticably, in my first pregnancy. But these are painful! They say they can increase in painfulness with your second...hmm.

Any suggestions? I'm eating fiber foods, drinking lots of water, and walking as much as I can. I also drank a cup of coffee which ALWAYS gets things moving, but nada - zilch - nothing. I am miserable and it's been going on for two days now. Should I go see my doctor?

July 21st, 2010, 08:55 AM
Ilovbnamomx3's Avatar Mommy to 4 boys
My dr made me drink metamucil it worked wonders!!! I had the same thing I thought I was having contractions it was so uncomfortable..
July 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM
MrsBauhaus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ya, seriously. WTH is going on in my digestive track? Try the Benefiber. It dissolves in ANYTHING, totally clear. I have been putting it on everything. I wonder if we can take Gas-X. It not like I have the wind (as my grandma would have put it). But I feel like one of those malnourished children with the giant bellies. Where is the relief valve?
July 21st, 2010, 09:09 AM
Ooh, thanks ladies metamucil and benefiber....check! I'm going to the drug store right now =) I'm in soooo much pain =P

July 21st, 2010, 09:19 AM
jessi0887's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you do take benefiber it does cause alot of gas. I took it all through my first trimester and had really bad gas pains. Doctor said Gas X is fine to take so i took that one night and found a yoga position to try . My gas was gone. Still dealing with constipation though. COlace sucks!

July 21st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I haven't had this type of problem so far (thankfully!). Every time I think, "Gee, it's been awhile," things start moving. Hope you feel better ASAP!
July 21st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Colace does suck...I took that stuff for like 4 days and nothing. Then I started doing two of the Fiber Choice chewable tablets a day..and 2 days later that finally worked...but I was sooooo uncomfortable. Hopefully the Benefiber and Metamucil works for you.

July 21st, 2010, 05:45 PM
So I went to L&D today because they were worried about preterm labor. First off, no preterm labor, we're fine.

But......I'm extremely constipated! Have me on the colace and metamucil and I am drinking tons of water and eating fiber. Fun. Also, I have a bacterial infection in my whoo ha.....never would have know if I didn't go in today. So antibiotics for that. And they say constipation could have caused the braxton hicks...lovely. So from what I hear, I'll have relief in about 2 days? ugh

July 21st, 2010, 10:26 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you are feeling this way. I actually tried all the thins the PP's mentioned and I didn't clear up until I went from OTC prenatal to prescription prenatal. Are you taking OTC vitamins by any chance?
July 22nd, 2010, 04:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry your so uncomfortable. Ive always found drinking prune juice is great for constipation or lots of OJ. Hope your feeling better soon.

[/url]
July 22nd, 2010, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, you poor thing! I hope all that fiber works for you and you have a good BM soon!
July 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks ladies...yes, my prenatals are OTC. Maybe when I see my doc tomorrow I'll ask for an RX. =)

p.s. day 4 - still no BM =( Ladies this sucks, I am a very regular person!

July 22nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
foosdiva's Avatar Expecting #2
My suggestion is get yourself some dried fruits......(Dried apricots do it for me). You better make sure you're not leaving the house tho! lol 45 minutes and you're good to go.
July 22nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Being Backed up really hurts!!! I hope the prescription prenatal works. I wasn't regular until I made that switch. The OB tells me it is due to the stool softner being mixed with the vitamins.

I love dried apricots, but they did nothing for my bowels

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search