Who's going to...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 11:16 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
... take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take?

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD?

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here?

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
... take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take? I really want to, however with living 4 hrs from the hospital I am scared to.

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD? I want a pedicure, but I a couple persistent planters warts that I can't do anything about when pregnant, and I am embarrassed of them.

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here? Well since we'll be moving our house will be clean

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag? Nope, I just send DH out when I want something special!
July 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
No EPO for me. I don't plan on doing anything to bring on labor, my mom would probably kill me if I did because she's flying here the 10th and the due date is the 15th Hope I don't go early!

I hate strangers touching me so the massage/pedi/mani is out of the question. I will have DH give me a good foot rub though!

I'll definitely be doing a massive house cleaning unless by some miracle we find out where we're moving to. In that case I'll have nearly everything shoved into boxes, out of sight out of mind

I will for sure pack snacks!!!!!!

July 21st, 2010, 11:49 AM
Anna, in England, you may have a freezer in your room for ice cream, especially if they know YOU are coming!

As for the EPO, it is meant to prepare your cervix for delivery. It really doesn't spur labor, but it helps prepare for it... I'll take it just in case, down the road, we have to induce for bp or pre e or some other reason and I'm hoping it'll help prepare things a little better...

I'll start the EPO at week 34 (1 week!) and take 1,000 mg orally (2 500 pills) for a few weeks, then at, I think, 37 or 38 weeks, I'll double that AND insert a pill vaginally. May or may not work, but it's worth a shot. I took EPO for fertility, and it was fine.

I'm getting monthly massages, so will have 2 more before my EDD, as long as Kellen doesn't come more than a week early I'm also going to schedule a pedi, but my feet are soooo rough on the bottom, I'm embarrassed (and I do use the stone during baths and lotion lots, but it's just the dry air here and going everywhere in flip flops!)

Plans are to clean house thoroughly, but I'm only piecing it now, so I think in the end, I may hire someone to help finish it all up. I've done it before and it was a lifesaver and worth the $20/hour!

Snacks.... maybe just a few, but I don't want a full stomach in case I vomit again during labor like with DD, and with DD I was completely "empty" so no worries of #2 on the delivery table, either But I am NOT going to starve myself at all...

Last edited by redbirds; July 21st, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
July 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No on the oil, I'm having a c-section.
Yes on the Mani and Pedi!
I keep my house very clean all the time, but I am going to get the carpet shampooed soon.
no snacks. I never really feel hungry in the hospital. I will send Mom or Hubby for any cravings I get. Our hospital is right across the street from cold stone creamery! YUM!
July 21st, 2010, 12:22 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
... take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take? I don't know -- I didn't know anything about this. I check with my doc though (and add another question to Monday's list!)

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD? Pedi, please! Should I go with my signature "I'm Not Really A Waitress" (dark red) or "It's A Girl!" (pale pink)?

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here? Yes -- although I may hire a cleaning lady to do it this one time (we never do this!)

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag? I'll need my peanut butter-chocolate chip granola bars!
July 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
Oh!!!

Amy, either would be good I bet your toes look smashing for delivery

I'm going to bake those Monster cookies! Totally. Hopefully, it'll help boost my milk supply! (recipe in the Greenhouse in the recipe share thread).

Last edited by redbirds; July 21st, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
July 21st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOVE Monster cookies and I am totally going to make up a few batches and freeze the dough in early Sept so all I have to do is bake a few each day. I love them warm out of the oven!

Oil-never looked into this much, but with my cervix of steel, I may have to do some reading on it

I'll keep doing my own toes until then

I do a full cleaning every week and general pick up/sweep the main floor every day, so t's never too bad. I also do laundry almost every day so there's never a back up.

I had no desire to eat while in labor, but I will pack snacks and drinks for hubby since he gets cranky if he's hungry and there's no sense in 2 of us being miserable.
July 21st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
.. take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take? I am thinking about this but haven't decided. Everything I saw said not to start taking it until week 36 though? I'd love for DS to come a week early or so, but I am scared that he may need the time to bake and I will be hastening his arrival unnecessarily. I'm torn.

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD? I'd love to but money is really tight so will just have to paint my toes myself. I tried getting DH to give me a massage but he is kind of crap at it (purposely?) so I usually just tell him to stop.

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here? We live in a pretty tiny apartment which isn't too difficult to keep clean so probably not.

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10) in your hospital bag? Heck yes! I'm a vegetarian and don't trust that the hospital will have anything edible!
July 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
... take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take? Not unless I pass my EDD...which I probably will.

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD? I would LOVE a prenatal massage, but I don't think I'll be able to swing it. Too much stuff left to get for baby!

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here? I will have just moved, so hopefully I'll be able to keep it clean until he gets here.

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag? Oh yeah! I never go anywhere without my emergency granola bar (even not pregnant ) There is no way I'm going into labor without snacks. And now that you ladies are all talking about it...I'm definitely making some monster cookies...yum!!

July 21st, 2010, 02:09 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
... take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take? I've started - since it doesn't cause labor just gets your cervix to soften and it takes awhile - i started today since my induction is only a week or 2 away my doctor was hoping my cervix would be soft by then. I am taking the suggested 2 to 3 pills a day and then will do the 1 up the vajay jay at night. Plus they say to start at 35 weeks with 1 to 2 pills anyway and then at 37 to up to around 3 to 4 - but i won't be going that far

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD? no but i did get a hair trim on my way home from the hospital yesterday - i know naughty - but i was sitting the entire time

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here? I really wish i could - i want to super badly

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag? Yes
July 21st, 2010, 03:26 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
.. take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take?
I am 34 weeks now and just started taking 1 pill a day. I will increase to 2 probably next week or 36 weeks and then think about inserting them if I go later than 37-38 weeks

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD?Not sure but I would love a pedi

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here?Am definitely trying but am finding it harder and harder to get motivated

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag? Definitely something, not sure what though
________

July 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
mamato4boys's Avatar Daleen
.. take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take? I plan on using it as well.. but I'm just going to use 500mg starting at about 34 weeks and then increase it weekly by 500mg and then at 36 weeks I'll start using 500mg vaginally and doing the perineum message with 500mg's

No I have issues with people touching my feet. Mani wont hold as I live on a farm and am constantly chipping the polish off

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here?All ready done

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag?Will be packing some power bars or luna bars since hospital food is never very tasty

THANK YOU BAM FOR MY AWESOME SIGGY
Always Remembering Otis, Evan Navarro, Riley, and Patrick
~September 2010 DDC's Perfect Angels~
July 21st, 2010, 04:40 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of the above!!!

I'm going out today to get EPO and Pregnancy Tea - with red raspberry leaf to tone and prepare the uterus....

I think I'll get a pedi this Friday before our bbq-shower this Sunday so my toes look nice. Then may get one the following week before my ladies-only shower, then may need another one if I make it to 39 weeks...(We have a nail salon literally a block away from my house, and I practically live there!)

I find that as I near the end, I am increasingly DISGUSTED by a level of dirt in my house that I used to find totally acceptable. I don't know how I will do it since my body is slowing down so considerably, but my house will be spotless, I hope!

We're definitely bringing snacks. A little cooler bag, in fact. Yogurt, applesauce, coconut water (electrolytes!), maybe some Odwalla smoothies...Our Bradley teacher's advice was "Plan on snacking only on foods that you won't mind seeing on the way up again..."

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
July 21st, 2010, 04:44 PM
~Constance~
take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take?

Me! I have an insanely stubborn cervix(first was a c/s for failure to progress). Took EPO with dd and actually dilated. I'm convinced it helped so I'm taking it again. I think I start at 35 weeks orally and then a few weeks later, vaginally. It's already purchased and in the cabinet waiting for my midwife's go ahead.

Had a pedi 11 days ago. Going again the second week of August.

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here?

I do that every week it seems. When you're at home with two young kids nearly all the time and you have an eensy weensy house you spend a lot of time cleaning. Plus I like things really clean!

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag?

Of course! I pack trail mix(with chocolate!), fruit cups, and whole grain cereal/granola bars. This time I may also pack fresh fruit as well. That depends on what I have in the house when I need to go to the hospital I guess.
July 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
... take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take? I don't know...I have never looked into this. I am going to ask my doctor about it at my appointment next week.

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD? Pedi, for sure

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here? Nope

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag? Yes, I just don't know what yet

July 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
... take EPO (evening primrose oil) and when will you start and how much will you take? nope

... get a massage/pedi/mani at some point before your EDD? 1 week before c-section

... do a massive house cleaning before baby gets here? you mean there is a time one stops?

... pack a snack (or 2 or 10 ) in your hospital bag? nope

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search