Hospital food

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is the food at your hospital good? Do they have set meal times?
July 21st, 2010, 11:54 AM
Super Mommy
I don't know how good the food at the hospital is, but I already told DH that I'm not eating any of it!!! I'm kind of a food snob and live only 5 minutes from the hospital, so he's agreed to bring me food from home or some take-out. I think I should be allowed this one luxury during what will likely be a VERY uncomfortable experience, right??!!!
Joyfully expecting #2 in January!

July 21st, 2010, 11:57 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our hospital actually has very good food! You can pick what time you want it delivered too. My dh also gets a free meal there.

July 21st, 2010, 12:00 PM
Veteran
They have a menu you can order off of any time from 7am to 7:30pm. I was just in there for 2 weeks and it's pretty good.
July 21st, 2010, 12:05 PM
missmich
I have no idea. All I know is that they do offer vegetarian meals which is what I'll be needing. They also have a room with a fridge and microwave for us to bring our own food. I really hope that I'm able to eat something that they offer me when I need it and I don't have to wait until a certain time to eat. I may want or need a bigger hot meal right after the birth and I'm not sure if I'll be able to bring something from home,but I'll try to remember.
July 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I work at the hospital I will be delivering at so I am used to their food. Most of it is very good. When I had DS they would bring me three menus and I had like 3 different choices for breakfast, lunch and supper. This time though, they have changed to a room service style where I call and order food anytime I want from a large menu that includes everything they have. When I had DS, they frowned upon my DH bringing me McDonald's which I really wanted so all I ate was hospital food. This time I think it will be better getting to order what I want, and eating the food a lot, I know what is good and what to stay away from!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
July 21st, 2010, 01:21 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm ready as one can be Our hospital food is actually AWESOME. there are set meals but there is also 24/7 ROOM SERVICE and you can order whatever you want!!

Last edited by alethia; July 21st, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
July 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
If I remember correctly the food was pretty good, but I think they brought it at set times. However if they brought something you didn't like, you could ask for something else.

July 21st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
My hospitals food is VERY good and you can get whatever you want. However, if the kitchen is closed, they are very cool about you getting take out in the middle of the night.
July 21st, 2010, 02:54 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I can't remember 100%, but I think it was pretty good. I wouldn't say off the charts great, but nothing to turn your nose up at. They give you the menu and you can choose to eat whenever. 3 meals per day. I can't remember if DH gets a meal or not...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 21st, 2010, 03:07 PM
bev26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea, but if it's not good, I know the cafeteria also has a subway.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the wonderful siggy!

July 21st, 2010, 03:09 PM
~Constance~
When I had dd 5.5 years ago our hospital was brand new. The food was not good but edible. It was basically heated frozen foods(waffles, nuggets, mixed veggies). It's supposed to have improved over the last few years.
The hospital I had ds had great food. They brought a chicken cachitore to me during a break in the pitocin and it was sensational! Unfortunately I didn't get to have much solid food after the c/s so I missed out on the other great menu choices.
July 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
My hospital has set meal times, but you order off a menu and it's actually pretty good.
July 21st, 2010, 05:00 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They have brought me trays a few times during NSTs, I have not eaten the food, but it did not look all that bad.

July 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like the food at my hospital. It's room service style, so you can call and order whenever/whatever you want.
July 21st, 2010, 06:14 PM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The hospital I had DS at was on set meal times but I got to pick what I wanted. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't want to eat it everyday.

The hospital I'll be delivering at this time is new and has room service style ordering and I think DH gets one meal a day as well. Heard it's pretty good but we'll see. There are a slew of restaurants around the hospital if it stinks.
July 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I don't know...hmmm...I would love to deliver at my dad's hospital, they have great food But I'm also so not picky at all, so I'm not overly concerned. Just as long as they give me lots of it, and often!

July 21st, 2010, 07:59 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
uh I have no clue! DH knows to run though!

July 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm I can't find anything on their website so I really do need to get moving on scheduling the tour...

July 21st, 2010, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really remember the food, but I know I didn't eat any outside snacks, and I never asked Dh to get me anything. I don't think my appetite was good. I remeber eating crackers and juice. My Dh said he remembers me eating the hosital food, so it must have been OK.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search