Bit too late for cold feet?!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL I'm right there with you! I think it comes from this being my first baby though. I actually participated in a birth yesterday (I'm in the healthcare field) and it totally freaked me out. That poor woman was so stretched out and even without tears, she was in pain-even with the epidural. Ugh. Now I'm even more freaked out!
July 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep i am horrified. I actually have had a couple of panic attacks over it. And i have the same fear of being overdue. I always think that since my belly is not as big as alot of people at this stage that Drake will just need more time. Not that i am rushing to pursue labor but the longer I wait the more scared i will probably get!!

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
July 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Awww.... you girls will be ok!! No matter what happens

If labor was really the worst thing in the world... none of us BTDT moms would be doing it again! I look forward to the experience and meeting my baby!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 21st, 2010, 02:41 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Anna...I'm with you! If there was a way to wish him out of there sans labor (or c-section!) I'd do it And birth class just makes it even scarier!! I'm excited for him to be here, but I'm dreading the actual labor part of it all.

July 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm as ready as I can be! Im not horrified about labor - because there is an end point and it really is an out of body experience that can be painful but amazing
July 21st, 2010, 02:59 PM
therealjimi's Avatar Veteran
Im dreading it...because my first was the worst experience ever and my OB has a rule that you cant have the epi til 5 cm...even with pitocen! Im pretty sure I still have PTSD from it...

July 21st, 2010, 03:02 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I'm scared, but I'm excited too! I think I was more terrified in the beginning and am now coming to terms with it! I think when the time comes for labor, I will be more ready than ever! I will not be able to wait another day to meet him

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM
mamato4boys's Avatar Daleen
As a BTDT mama it really isn't that bad....The attitude you have going in is what is going to make it good or horrible. Both of my deliveries was without pain meds epidural ect. The labor part really doesn't scare me.... I'm looking forward to meet my little peanut and that is just the last step before I get to hold him. You just have to prepare yourself and tell yourself that it isn't as bad as everyone says it is going to be. Because it really isn't ....
Here are some helpful web sites about getting your body ready
http://www.mybirthbydesign.com/Perin...structions.pdf
Vaginal Birth Preparation

THANK YOU BAM FOR MY AWESOME SIGGY
Always Remembering Otis, Evan Navarro, Riley, and Patrick
~September 2010 DDC's Perfect Angels~
July 21st, 2010, 03:49 PM
*Amie*
I got scared right before I had Leo, in the hospital I suddenly thought OMG I'm gonna have to do this.. then when I was on the bed and she told me his head was there I started panicking I couldn't push him out.... but it all just HAPPENS. I was induced at 42 weeks and 1 day with Tyler... and I had an epi, neither of which I wanted but I was heading towards a section! It was a long and painful labour but SO worth it. You forget it all in a second!! No amount of preparing or worrying will change a thing IMO.. I didn't have a birth plan either time (although I knew what I wanted/what I didn't) you just have to go with the flow. It's a fantastic experience!
I can't wait to read all of your ladies' birth stories

July 21st, 2010, 03:52 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
It'll come and GO before you know it!!! Worrying about it for all this time may actually be worse (timewise, adding up all the time in worry) than the L&D itself. You gals can do it. It's a natural process (coming from a woman who will be getting the epidural!) and when it's over, it's amazing how fast you forget about all the pain or negative stuff... Baby makes it so very, very worth it.

I'm ready, emotionally, mentally... but not as far as the house and the list goes! AAAK. WE don't think he'll be coming soon anyway (thank GOD) so I have time to get some stuff crossed off!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM
bev26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always been terrified of birth...to the point where I developed a phobia of it and would actually faint if anyone described a birth in detail or if I saw a video of it. But now while I am still scared, I find myself being much more calm and peaceful about it. I think it's because I just intuitively feel that my attitude is going to play a huge part in how good or bad the experience is like mamato3boys said (sorry I don't know your real name).

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the wonderful siggy!

July 21st, 2010, 05:22 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
I had this with both boys. This time I am relaxed about it. Sure, I still am nervous about something potentially going wrong but as far as having a c section and getting her out... no issues at all.

With Zakkary it was the hardest. Since Phillips labor and eventual emergency section was so traumatizing when I found out I was pregnant again my first thought (it continued the entire pregnancy) HOW THE *&%$ ARE THEY GOING TO GET HIM OUT OF THERE!!!!! I was horrified.

July 21st, 2010, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I might be crazy, but I am not too worried. I feel prepared. I decided that the best thing I can do is not to stress about it because there is nothing I can do to change it.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 21st, 2010, 05:32 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Anna, I'm terrified of labor. I'm not scared of the pain -- it's going to hurt but it will be worth it. I'm terrified of something going wrong. As I get closer and closer to the due date, I'm getting more and more nervous. I know this is a fear that I have to get over or it will make delivery day that much worse -- but there's nothing that anyone can say to me that will make me feel better.

We can do this -- we have to, there's no going back!

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; July 21st, 2010 at 05:36 PM.
July 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WE CAN DO THIS. We will all get through it someway, somehow and no how labor goes, when baby arrives that's all that will matter. It is all worth it!
July 21st, 2010, 10:15 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
YES!!!! And IT.NEVER.GOES.AWAY!!!
I LAWAYS dread labour and I have "easy" labours. I hate everything about it. I am the opposite though I want a c-section. I just want to go in and get it over with. I know the recovery is worse but I hated being induced. Being induced, for me, would be nothing if I was overdue. I have to be induced at 38 weeks, I have been once before and MY body is NOT ready at 38 weeks. SO instead of a 2 hour labour, seriously, I have a 2 day labour
July 21st, 2010, 10:25 PM
Castaway
Yeah, even after having 2 sections I'm still completely terrified to have another.

July 21st, 2010, 10:42 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back and forth between being terrified of the pain and worrying I won't know I'm really in labor until the baby arrives in the toilet. I'm not so much worried about things going wrong as I am about the other issues. For now, I just refuse to watch Baby Story or any other pregnancy/labor/delivery shows. But I have little to no pain tolerance so I'm in for a bumpy ride here, lol.

July 21st, 2010, 10:57 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
OK after my first two deliveries I am good and not worried about labor. Yes it hurt, yes I have had two perfect epidurals. Yes I would do it again. No my deliveries were not perfect... interestingly enough I had my epi at 10cm with my first. I was at 10cm for four hours just waiting for her to settle in to be born.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search